ThursdayMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mclaren_Man
  • 14 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
692
Ok, so for about the last 6 months I have been getting some of Thursdays songs off the internet and I have really enjoyed a large number of their songs, and I was excited when I read that they had a new album coming out at the start of May.

Well now it has arrived and I am not in the least bit disappointed, Has anyone else bought it? The band has really matured with this album and it is a great buy. The lyrics are still really deep and they're highlighted by Geoff Rickly's unique vocals. Instrumentally it is fantastic aswell.

Here in Australia the band isnt very popular, with only 2 or 3 out of everyone I know even knows about them. Are they more popular over in the US?
 
Thursday got a new album out!?

There's never enough Thursday!
 
I wouldn't say they're that popular over here, but they have a decent following. I like them a lot, they're a nice break from the average emo/screamo band, and they're infinitely more talented than the mostly below average bands in their genre. Although I didn't know they had a new album coming out, I'll probably try to get it today.

As far as their releases they've put out already, I think Full Collapse is their best album so far.

Edit: just got it, I'll tell you guys what I think when I get through the whole album.

It's very good, my favorite song so far is "Sugar in the Sacrament". I wouldn't say it lives up to 'Full Collapse', but it's probably about as good as 'War All the Time'. If you're a Thursday fan it's definitely worth getting.
 
Saw them in concert last month on the Taste of Chaos tour. Pretty good band to see live, and from the new music I heard, its not bad. They're not huge in Canada, infact, about the same amount of people as where you are have heard of em, but they're gaining fans as they tour with the better known bands. 👍
 
I have the new cd and it's pretty good. 👍
 
Now I have listened to the album quite a few times all the way through, I really like it, not bad considering my first impressions of it were more along the lines of "its okay". For me it is one of those albums that I can actually listen to every song on it and not have to skip a whole heap of songs 👍
 
One of my favorite bands.

I own all of their albums except Waiting ( I need it! )

Oh and I don't have the money right now to get Kill the House lights, but I will get it eventually.

Full Collapse is my favorite by them, I consider it pretty much near perfect. War All the Time woudl come in second, followed by A City by the Light Divided...

Regardless, I love them all.
 
or post - whorecore?

These guys sound like 14 yr. old emo boys.
 
Shut up...you don't even know what emo is.

Go do some research.
 
rites of spring, embrace, fugazi, etc.
 
rites of spring, embrace, fugazi, etc.

Indeed.

Basically the sub-genre of hardcore punk in the mid 80's.

The term "emo" has not changed over time...it remains the same thing as it always has, but the media and the scenes or just ignorant people have tried to twist into something it's not.

People can't be emo either...
 
Back