Tilting the Cockpit Camera immerses you and helps you appreciate the interior designs.

BreakerOhio

Tilting the camera down in cockpit view really shows off the interior and shift action and is very playable. Does anyone else play this way? Try it.

I think playing in this modified cockpit view heightens the sense of speed better. I would like there to be a new button that when pressed locks down the camera so I don't have to continue holding the directional pad while I'm driving. Playing the game with the T300RS wheel here, but even with the controller it would be nice to have a camera lock down button so you don't have to continue holding the camera look directions. The way it is now I have to hold the camera direction to keep it tilting, but sometimes I need the full attention of my hands to drive when I'm taking sharp turns I have to let go of it so I can get a better grip on the wheel and be ready to make quick steering adjustments.

Please share this idea if you agree, I believe it would make driving in the cockpit view 100x better as it would really showoff the detail of the car's interiors. Why hide the hard work you put into creating the interiors?
Please share if you agree so the developers can be aware of this and make this happen. I would wish GT6 to offer the same option too.

I thought that the PS Eye catered for this sort of thing. I know it did for GT5.
I know this feature from Shift 2. Even it's cool I don't understand the benefits playing this way. I'm moving my eyes while gaming, not my entire head.

I think you need to act like it's a real life license test, turning your head so the instructor/PS Eye can see where you are looking ;) That's a guess though.

GT5 had the head tracking and when I used it I enjoyed being able to look around and below the dash some too. Sometimes I would have to adjust where the camera was pointing to make it easier to not have to hunch to continue to keep revealing the center consoles more. What would be nice is o have the look around camera that works like Driveclub copied in GT6 as well! They have taken away the head tracking feature in GT6, so if they allowed the right analog stick to look around in the same way Driveclub works that would be a step forward in this direction. The next step for both Driveclub and GT6 is then to provide a cockpit camera lock button so each gamer tilt their camera and freeze that position by a press of this button.

I think showing off the headliner in the cockpit view is just a waste of space. There's no need to show the top part, tilting the camera fully down reveals the beauty of the interiors and centers focus on actually driving and looking at the dashboard, tachometer, speedometer of each car's unique design. There's no lost in the visibility with the headliner removed. The video isn't the best example since it's an open top, but try for yourself other cockpits and fully look down and drive this way. I think you'll enjoy it and notice how it brings focus to the dashboards so you can enjoy and appreciate them and the only thing you lost was the headliner. I think it's a compromise on the cockpit when you've spent so much development hours on getting the interior to look right if you don't allow playing the game with a better cockpit camera.

Last edited:
Back