Sekigahara by Nightingale__
Sekigahara.Nightingale__.jpg

[Review] [Source]​

Mt Fusterkluc by McClarenDesign
Mt.Fusterkluc.McClarenDesign.jpg

[Review] [Source]​

Last edited:
Sekigahara by Nightingale__

One day, I decided to test my car on a touge track to see how well it'll perform. So I went on GTPlanet and just randomly selected one of the courses with the 'Touge' tag. To my surprise, it was surprisingly fun and made me wanted to do course review. So this is my very first course review, one for the Touge Community!

The Course:
Sekigahara.Nightingale__.jpg

Course Direction: Anti-Clockwise [Source]

Test Vehicle:
RLT-SW20-TM-450.jpg

Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97

Specs:
MR / 450PP / SH / Driving Line On & ABS = 1

Course Review:
At the start of the time trial, you'll find yourself going into the straight. First thing this track will greet you is a jump onto the straight! Not a good start I thought. But I got my car ready and went for the first lap, taking it easy, warming up the tyres.

As I finished one lap, I can seperate the track into 3 sections.
Section 1: Hill Climb, Flats, and Downhill
This section will test the balance of your car, whether it is able to cope with both the uphill, flats and downhill secions. You'll be able to drift some of the turns and it's important for your car to be properly tuned.

Section 2: High speed sprints / course divider
You can treat this section as a course divider, dividing the two technical sections. Or you can treat it as a high speed sprint area. After the technical moderate speed turns, you'll have to quickly adjust to a fast sprint. There is a bend which you need to enter into it with the right speed as well.

Section 3: Mainly Hill Climb
Section 3 is a few tight and a lot of s-curves going uphill. There is a long downhill sweep somewhere in the middle followed by another climb till the end. There's also a jump right at the end before the long straight.​

In conclusion, this track is really enjoyable to drive and have a good rhythm to it. I find myself sucked into the course. There isn't any nasty surprises on the turns and if you have never driven here before, the racing line will be sufficient to help you enjoy the track. The only flaw is the last turn where it is a jump, but it can be easily overlooked as that turn is the very last turn. I'll visit this track again one day and drive it on the opposite direction.

Time Attack: Not to be revealed to protect my touge machine's specs because of LotS.

Touge Battles:
I had a couple of battles yesterday with Sports Hard at 450PP. From the races, this course is more suited for the Cat and Mouse battle. The roads are narrow and passing is difficult. Unless the leading car makes a mistake, it'll be hard to pass, we're all talking about racing cleanly. If you have proper tuned cars and drivers of similar skill levels, this is a great battle course.

You can also run all three sections and will still produce a good battle. The only thing to watch for is the last jump, that'll determine whether you'll reach the finish line or not.

Update 04/07/2011: Last weekend, I manage to Touge with Nightingale__ on this course, the course he created. Man, my heart was pumping and the pressure was on. I was leading at the first run and I can feel the enormous pressure. Man, that was my first real battle! And Nightingale__ said that he even wasn't running seriously. On the second run, I was chasing. And it was less pressure but I can see that I must improve and believe on the lines that I take. I have to understand and trust my SW20 more and know it's limits. Then I can bring out it's capabilities during battle.

Summary:
Road Width: Narrow
Course Speed:
- Section 1: Moderate Speed
- Section 2: High Speed
- Section 3: Moderate Speed
Technicality: High
Rhythm: 5/5
TimberW's Rating: 9/10

Last edited:
Woo; 9/10. :)

I am surprised that you didn't mention the downhill right-hand blind corner (in the final section) in particular; that corner tends to give a lot of trouble to people unfamiliar with the course.

I am surprised that you didn't mention the downhill right-hand blind corner (in the final section) in particular; that corner tends to give a lot of trouble to people unfamiliar with the course.

I think I know which one you're talking about. I reviewed the track with the driving line on, perhaps that helped me through that corner. I had a couple of good touge battles on Sekigahara last night. And have given me more things to write about the Track. Keep it up! That map quality is really good in my oppinion.

Mt Fusterkluc by McClarenDesign

The second map which seems to be a popular one. I even got gifts from McClarenDesign. I can't remember if it was suits or helmets. Oh I think it was a musuem card actually.

The Course:
Mt.Fusterkluc.McClarenDesign.jpg

Course Direction: Clockwise [Source]

Test Vehicle:
RLT-SW20-TM-450.jpg

Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97

Specs:
MR / 450PP / SH / Driving Line On & ABS = 1

Course Review:
From the start as you drive on the track, you'll find that the roads are wide and there are a lot of different lines which you can take. So the first turn is a long continuous right hand bend. Because of the fast speed and the touge road, I need to really have good throttle and steering control to keep me on the track. Being a wide track, there is margin for errors and corrections.

Then a left turn into a hillclimb sprint. There is a tricky point here, known as "The Nipple", affectionately named McClarenDesign. Unless you've driven the track a couple of times, there is a point where it messes up your rhythm. It is the blind uphill bend to the right. Because of the off-camber of the track which slopes downwards on towards the left, the car just would slide out onto the dirt. I had to slow down intentionally before reaching the point and make sure I grip the road while going through that little hill. Because of the characteristic of the track, it being a fast track, to slow down just for that turn needs you to be able to switch between rhythms.

After that, it's pretty good, another series of climbs and then followed by a downhill valley area. There's a lot of high speed hairpins and sweeps. One of the bend also have some off-camber issue, but it's not as significant as the first one as described.

It's a technically a really fast track, apart from the two points in the track where the rhythm just doesn't feel right, the track is pretty good. If those two points isn't there, it'll be a good fast continuos track. But for now, you'll have to know the points and change your rhythm just for that one moment and power sprint into full speed again.

Time Attack: Not to be revealed to protect my touge machine's specs because of LotS.

Touge Battles:
Coming Soon

Summary:
Road Width: Wide
Course Speed: High Speed
Technicality: High
Rhythm: 3/5
TimberW's Rating: 8.0/10

Last edited:
TimberW
The second map which seems to be a popular one. I even got gifts from McClarenDesign. I can't remember if it was suits or helmets. Oh I think it was a musuem card actually.
Actually, I send a museum card to a friend daily, moving down my list of friends as the days go on. If you're on my list, you'll get cards each time I reach your name on the list.

Wasn't as if I was paying someone off, or anything, lol.

TimberW
Then a left turn into a hillclimb sprint. There is a tricky point here. Unless you've driven the track a couple of times, there is a point where it messes up your rhythm. It is the blind uphill bend to the right. Because of the off-camber of the track which slopes downwards on towards the left, the car just would slide out onto the dirt. I had to slow down intentionally before reaching the point and make sure I grip the road while going through that little hill. Because of the characteristic of the track, it being a fast track, to slow down just for that turn needs you to be able to switch between rhythms.

The blind turn in question has been affectionately named "The Nipple" by Rooster7787 and I. To be fast, it requires just the right twist. Nasty if you don't know it, but damn does it feel good when you nail it!

Ahh.. so that's what it is, the nipple. Perhaps I'll need more runs on the track. Also, will be interesting to see how a battle on the course will actually go.

Rating system revamp. I cancelled the ratings, I think it's unfair for the first few courses, as I haven't really driven enough custom courses to give a fair rating.

So cheers guys!

I'll be adding you so you can try out one of my touge tracks. I just have to decide which one... So many tracks... So many tracks...

I'll be adding you so you can try out one of my touge tracks. I just have to decide which one... So many tracks... So many tracks...

Thanks. I only really review on my own time, when I have the time. Do let me know when you got the track up. So I'll be sure to download it when it's up. Then give it a review when I can!

Cheers mate.

alvin23a
Hey I made a coures specially for touge battles send me a FR if you want and I'll share it.

I think I sent you a friend request last night for as touge friend.

Alright cool, I'll like to say first, I do these reviews at my own time. But I'll do the requests first.

I guess I'm also considering about people who wants to download the maps which I've reviewed. Therefore, I think it's important for the community to know where and how to download the map. So before reviewing your map, the requirement for the review is for you to post your maps on GTPlanet's Course Maker section. So that I can link it to that page in the case of people wanting to download the map.

Hi TimberW,
Thanks for your nice review. I had pm you for help as i can't add the creators of course.. so cant get the great courses...Hopefully they can add me as well soon. Keep up your great works in reviewing.

Back