Time of day / Night Glitch: FIXED

• Thread starter grog
  • 10 comments
United States
Humboldt / CA
GT-R_HumboldtEF
EDIT: this bug has been fixed by the last update 2.08.

Sorry it took me a while to update this thread.

While hosting free run rooms I found a glitch on custom Toscana tracks (it could be on others too). Some people see the track as being dark (and some see daylight) when it hasn't gotten dark yet.
Its kind of annoying if your trying to get people to join and they see a night track, most wont stay I imagine.

Aslo mentioned by R1600Turbo in another thread:
"As of 2.06 selecting a custom track in online lounge with a specific time of day results in no change at all. (defaults to early morning) If you go back into the track selection and change the time after it has originally loaded, then the sun will finally go where it's supposed to."

EDIT: This effects other time change tracks.
And there's also an issue with time progression, which isn't working correctly.

Last edited:
grog
While hosting free run rooms I found a glitch on custom Toscana tracks (it could be on others too). Some people see the track as being dark when it hasn't gotten dark yet.
Its kind of annoying if your trying to get people to join and they see a night track, most wont stay I imagine.

I found that by reseting the track it fixed itself for one of my friends, I didn't test a full room.

Also this player had just entered the room as the track was loading, not sure if that matters.

I had joined my friends the other day... When i joined they selected a different custom cart track from the one they were just at... When it loaded up on mine i was on the track they just changed from and they were on the new one... It was weird they were floating over up in the air really high like the old money glitches... When they crossed over the track i was on they would literally plumit to the ground and the same if i crossed over their track that they were on... Then when they reloaded the track someone else joined and it fixed on mine... But the guy that just came in that happened to him too... Seems to happen a lot on the custom tracks

Yes I've seen that, but I'd like to focus on the night glitch.

After some more testing with friends online we've noticed a bit of a pattern.

While in practice mode the time progression seems to be normal. But once the race starts the time progression speeds up and it gets dark within a minute or 2.

Also mention by R1600Turbo in another thread:
as of 2.06 selecting a custom track in online lounge with a specific time of day results in no change at all. (defaults to early morning) If you go back into the track selection and change the time after it has originally loaded, then the sun will finally go where it's supposed to.

So it looks like it is effecting more than just the Toscana theme.

Any news on this? Because I run lots of custom tracks, and this is very annoying. Is there some kind of way to control this or prevent it or what??

Toscana track loads, during free run all seems normal, you start the race & it gets dark at a ridiculous pace, no matter what the time progression is set at - either in the saved custom track or by resetting the time progression.

It hasn't been fixed yet, but yes there is a easy solution.

Load your track up, then go back into the track selection menu and select OK, you dont need to select the track or anything, just hit OK. Then the track will load for a second or two (much faster than the initial load), and it will be back to normal.

The time progression settings have no effect, reloading the track is the only solution.

Load your track up, then go back into the track selection menu and select OK, you dont need to select the track or anything, just hit OK. Then the track will load for a second or two (much faster than the initial load), and it will be back to normal.

The time progression settings have no effect, reloading the track is the only solution.

Okay I'm a bit confused. Do you mean just to make it daylight again? Or do you mean that once you hit OKAY, it won't get dark so quickly during the race?
Or am I misunderstanding?
Thanks.

Okay I'm a bit confused. Do you mean just to make it daylight again? Or do you mean that once you hit OKAY, it won't get dark so quickly during the race?
Or am I misunderstanding?
Thanks.

Load your track up, then go back into the track selection menu and select OK, you dont need to select the track or anything, just hit OK.

Just go back into the menu and hit OK, nothing else.

This keeps both of these time glitches from happening, the time progression issue and the night and day mix up.

Thanks for the tip 👍 One of my online friends has a great high speed with jump track & this tip fixed the darkness issue :):cheers:

Back