Time to say hello...

• Thread starter steefpeef
  • 6 comments
Netherlands
Hilversum Holland
jazzflugelhorn
After living with gtplanet since gt5 prologue it is time to say hello.

I am a prof jazz soloist , trumpet. That takes a lot of time to maintain and practise, perform and so on.
The concept of flow is very important for me. Playing gt5/6 helps me a lot with it and keeps me sane :-p.
My head is immediately empty and i have a lot of energy after playing it.

The way i play gt6 is by maintaining a mysql database that i programmed and i use a front-end on the ipad and iphone to update it and run queries... (Started with an excel sheet, but that was not conveniant)

All my 200+ unglitched cars in my garage are carefully tuned (mainly from mr Praiano, arrakis, lttle duckpond and hab).
I run the cars as they are designed by the tuners. I do most of my testing/documenting/grinding with gt300/500 deep forrest. I also run a lot of tokyo/spa/silverstone/brands hatch/monza/nbr.
Playing the game this way is very rewarding. When i go online sometimes i have lots of great car's to choose from...

I play more offline than online, but when i play online i enjoy it a lot, and meet great people and have some great racer's in my friend list, some of them for years.

In my gt5 time i raced very much nashcar online, that was great.

Most of my driving i do with a controller, when i get the tv for the evening i use my g25 with a stand...

To conclude my post some findings:

- with the wheel i am 2 to 3 seconds faster than with the controller
- tunes that are designed for ss are nearly always 2 seconds faster with rh tires, but much less enjoiable to drive
- good online lobbies tend to die as soon as the host upp's the pp to 700 and allows lemans cars...

I could go on for much more but i think this is enough for now...

Keep on racing, all the best from holland,

Steef

- with the wheel i am 2 to 3 seconds faster than with the controller
- tunes that are designed for ss are nearly always 2 seconds faster with rh tires, but much less enjoiable to drive
- good online lobbies tend to die as soon as the host upp's the pp to 700 and allows lemans cars...

1.) I gained well over a second when I switched to a T500RS after using a controller until December of last year. I actually never had a FFB wheel until then, and I went all-out (or went crazy for not starting basic) and got it. I have tried a G27, but the T500RS just feels so much nicer to use, and now I want some smexy looking Fanatec Clubsport stuff to blow my hard earned money on compare to Thrustmaster counterparts.

2.) RH tires are slicks, so they have more grip, hence better lap times. But sticking to SS tires being the limit for a road car is my recommendation, but having the right amount of grip is the key to enjoying the drive.

3.) This is where the kids come to play, they don't like the slower cars. They also like MOAR GRIP as an LMP is more difficult to drive than a GT car.

1.) I gained well over a second when I switched to a T500RS after using a controller until December of last year. I actually never had a FFB wheel until then, and I went all-out (or went crazy for not starting basic) and got it. I have tried a G27, but the T500RS just feels so much nicer to use, and now I want some smexy looking Fanatec Clubsport stuff to blow my hard earned money on compare to Thrustmaster counterparts.

2.) RH tires are slicks, so they have more grip, hence better lap times. But sticking to SS tires being the limit for a road car is my recommendation, but having the right amount of grip is the key to enjoying the drive.

3.) This is where the kids come to play, they don't like the slower cars. They also like MOAR GRIP as an LMP is more difficult to drive than a GT car.

;-)

1: i have my g25 on a fanatec wheelstand... So a little bit of fanatec feeling for me too, there was a little problem with my stand in the beginning and i must say that fanatec support rulez!

2: the second parameter are the breaks, they have to do the job but not too strong, so chasing cars is easier...

3: nothing to add!

I just had a look at my stats: 30000 km and 300 hours of pure pleasure...

Back