Time travel to save cars!

Steele_obsidion

GTP Radical!
Premium
United States
Michigan US
Steele_obsidion
LinksTriforce
So I Mentioned in the Abandoned Cars thread that.....

if only, one of us could go back in time, to the day that car was parked there, and give it a new life. if only

To which I got the reply....

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine and we'd go back in time to when these cars were first being sold. Man imagine what we could buy...problem is how would we get them back to modern time. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

I thought of a VERY good idea. I'm just going to assume for this that we CAN time travel and it could be only us going back and to the current time no future travel here, with things we could carry on our person.)

First, we set up a pool. Not a swimming pool, but a supply/cash pool. we all donate to this pool. wether it's tools, skills, parts, labor, or just cold hard cash. Construction begins immediately.

We travel back to the past. Scout multipal areas. (US, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc etc etc) we all work together to build housing shelters in places that remain untouched.

Example: an underground storage facility in the Nevada desert.

This may take a while, but we all work together to build these underground storage facilities. We all have the knowledge of current technology in some way shape or form, or know someone who does! I am also pretty sure we can disguise some solar panels for power, siphon water from somewhere, etc etc.

like I said before everyone knows someone or is someone who has a skill.

It would be a huge climate controlled storage bin. One would put his or her car in, and throughout the years we have the storage bins set up to automatically tend to the cars. or just leave them. (it worked in Back To The Future!)

Then on one day in the near future, we set the auto lock to open up, which CAN NOT be opened until a specific day (we don't want any jackasses messing our stuff up!) we all have added our car of choice, and then when we open the door, the car, keys, title, zero miles, is all sitting there just for the taking!

everyone gets their own bin, enough for one car, and the doors all open at the same time, and we have a large car show grand opening. Wither you want a Model T, or a Lamborghini Diablo. we can create a bin for you. drive/push the car in, lock the door and wait.

Any extra ideas you guys have?

I know this is long, but it got me thinking lol my busy mind is ADD right now. lol

BOSS429.JPG

I'd nab an Auto Union Type D before the Russians took them for research purposes and German reparations after WWII. Audi says that 5 still exist.

Just think, if it was driven by Tazio Nuvolari or Bernd Rosemeyer, it would be priceless.

Tricky. I'd be tempted by a 250 GTO just because I could then sell it and buy 20 other incredible cars. But then there's the Miura, and the E-Type. I think I'd probably choose the E-Type, it's a versatile enough car that I could daily it and still have a lot of fun.

jaguar-etype-42-roadster-view-download-wallpaper-400x300-comments_6140a.jpg

This thread is so dreamy, so far fetched, so sci-fi...sigh...I LOVE IT! :D

tumblr_m5zj814a4A1rz99jgo6_r1_1280.jpg

Ohh yeah, I'd take one of these. Acually, we could kidnap Sergio Cresto and Henri Toivonen so they aren't able to take the start of the race that killed them and ended Group B. We snatch a fine Delta S4 for our underground garage, we save a couple of badass drivers and we allow Group B to live on! 🤬 YEAH TIME TRAVEL!

By the way, is it too cheesy if I suggest that after the car-show we do a scene a la 2 Fast 2 Furious? I mean, I know the movie sucks but that scene where all the cars race out of the garage and make a HUUUUGE scramble around town was all kinds of awesome!

I didnt think my thread would take off lol! of course, we HAVE to explode in a giant rush of cars here there and everywhere. and film it, in every location. you know that a bluray of the video will be made and sent to everyone involved!

I'd be tempted to either store a MK2 Supra, or perhaps an AW11 MR2.

One day, these cars will be even more uncommon than they currently are, both victims of rust and neglect. When's the last time you've seen a nice, stock AW11 in really nice shape? They just don't really exist anymore which is why I'd save one. :D

4tr0w2g.jpg

I'd buy a '77-'79 Coupe Deville (the eighties facelift just doesn't compare) in light blue with a corresponding light blue leather (or cloth, cloth is cozy) interior. The early models also gave you the best (relatively) engine, the 7.0 liter V8 producing 195 horsepower; absolutely blazing compared to the 4.1 V8 that replaced it, which made 135 horsepower.

1977_cadillac_deville-pic-893968946599588398.jpeg

Imagine in it light blue, of course.

The best part about those engines is $800 worth of parts will get you a tire shredder.

I would choose a MK4 supra, but I would love to find one beat up and restore it instead. Would be fun.

I'de store a ferrari 512bb. Second best looking Ferrari. Everything about this car is so beautiful. Especially the wheels.
image.jpg

Another car I'd like to have in my time-traveling adventures.

GT-RC110.jpg

The KPGC110 Skyline GT-R "Kenmeri". Only 197 were ever sold in Japan, so they are quite rare.

Since we can time-travel we might as well go full Torchwood and fit a timelock to freeze the car at the exact moment we store it...

Anyway, I wanna rescue the original Land Rover prototype - the "Centre Steer".

Only three were ever made and all were officially destroyed... however, there are substantial rumours that one survived. It's so saught-after that people have built replicas from the original blueprints.

HGW-GB110356C.jpg

I want to rescue an original Audi Ur-Quattro. There aren't many left in Britain and I'd love to have the car that put AWD in road cars on the map.

AUDI-quattro_682_431517a.jpg

I'd elect to save the 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo. The Nismo features body enhancements over the stock R32 Skyline, including intercooler ducts and a rear lip spoiler, intended to homoligate these enhancements for Group A racing. They only made 560 of these (500 sold, 60 kept for race conversion), so they're rare. At the same time, preserving a Skyline GT-R means I could experience it without any modifications that would change the character of the car. Most if not all Skylines are tuned these days, so the only other way I could drive a truly stock GT-R would be in Gran Turismo. Finally, the 1989 R32 Skylines are 25 years old, or will be soon, so the 1990 Nismo would be legal to drive in the US when it's time to get it out.

1990-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-NISMO-BNR32.jpg

Alternatively, I could team up with some members on here to snap up some of the nicer cars (RX-7s, Impreza WRXs, V8 Mustangs etc.) from the Questionable Modifications thread brand new, to save them from being ruined by their current owners. :D

I never posted what I would want to save! I have a few options, mainly i would want something luxurious and comfy. I love fast cars, don't get me wrong, however I want to make a statement. I want to stand out

Packard Super 8 four door. I am not at all sure about which color I would choose. but I want one, all original, fully loaded (at the time) I'll add my own touches later. (gotta get a current radio, I do not want only AM stations lol)
GS%2049%20Su%208%20Herron%20web%20.jpg

I would also grab one of these

1930 Bentley 8-liter because driving down the road in one of these would just turn EVERY head. even if you hate classic cars, you will still turn and look.
1930-bentley-8-litre.jpg

and because why the hell not,

Ferrari 250 GTO again, a head turner.
1962_ferrari_250_gto-pic-11675.jpeg

Also, because none of these would suffice as daily drivers I need one of these.

Opel GT.
GroteFoto-AVY7WSWR.jpg

AND AND AND an all original

tumblr_mhux877kzz1qa7ed6o2_1280.jpg

ONLY because i want to sell this Split Window Vett in order to purchase a Delorean

1.jpg

Now why don't I Store one you ask?

I know that the originals had many issues. and now there is a company in Florida that rebuilds them to factory spec but not crappy so that you can drive it long term. this would be my 2nd daily driver.

Lastly I almost forgot my wife. if i didn't think of her i would probably get creamed. lol

Her favorite auto is the ElCamino.
1959-chevy-el-camino-chevrolet-archives.jpg

a lot I know, but Im ADD and need many choices lol. if i had to choose ONE though, it would be the 250 GTO because why the 🤬 not.

I'm going to do that if I win the lottery with new Ford Trucks, and leave them to my great-great-great grandchildren.

Back