Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,365 comments
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

18a397d968d19-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Dolph Drago Totally agreed with you. I had a previous invalided 1:45.630 because I touched the first sausage crub with my right wheel by 1/2 a pixel. I was going to quit right there....but I guess it was good that I didn't.

Still messed up the exit at Ascari a tiny little bit. Could've been a 1:45.6 :dunce:

Only in GT7 where you get to jump with joy because you are 1.5 second slower on a hot lap compare to the leader......

Last edited:
Little summary of the day after a marathon of 813 km on the 3 TT.

Red Bull Ring : 1'30'036.
16932341260926572587594952280841.jpg

I did 200 km without being able to improve my time. The objective still remains to go below 1'30, but driving Godzilla after the Ferrari on Monza is weird. I have the impression that she is not progressing 🤣🤣🤣

Suzuka Circuit : 1'51'581
16932343791778738782949396763933.jpg

Another circuit where I rode 200 kms. Again it was impossible to improve my time. But I'm going to have to get active because there are only 2 days left and I have very little difference with the threshold of the gold medal. 😱😱😱

Monza Circuit : 1'47'099
16932345248357624705340125774475.jpg

So there, it was a real marathon with 400 km on the clock !!!! It was amazing all the invalid laps and starting over and over again. But it is a pleasure to drive this car. I will come back to it for sure to try to go below 1'47 and to secure the gold medal.

Monza’s one of the very few tracks where I have the raw pace to grab a gold time, but Christ alive threading together a clean lap requires the patience of a saint! Threw together 25 laps just now, of which only 5 were valid, the quickest was a 1:47:3 but was invalid, optimal best of 1:47:0, but my overall fastest valid lap was only a 1:47:6. A lot of fun, but I’ve seen enough of Monza to do me for an afternoon, gonna loop back to this one in a few days and hopefully the fresh set of eyes will be enough to get me over the line!

Last edited:
Yes !!!! Yes !!! Yes !!!!🤣🤣🤣
goal achieved under 1'47 : 1'46'982
View attachment 1283466
YEAH (I saw your score in game but wanted to congrat you here).
Remember, I told you that you will join the very select "Under 1.47" Club !!

Improved my PB at Monza with the Ferrari 330 P4 at 1:47.776. I'm getting closer from my "yellow" objective but still need to gain +/- 5 tenths for a secured golded score. I'm faster and playing is much easier when I"m relaxed (or less stressed) on curves and chicanes.... #JustSaying
Still in silver but very satisfying and promissing HUMAN score :sly:

Last edited:
I need to get a bit more dialed in at Monza. First time back since Day 1 and I can at least say I've improved a little.

Like everyone else, it seems most of my laps are invalidated for various infractions, but I did manage to get some decent laps to count while figuring everything out.

Still, I need to find 0.8 seconds for a Gold time. Which, once I can more confidently get through the Lesmos and Ascari sections, I think I'll have it.

18a3d402db738-screenshotUrl.jpg

18a3d40ee7f35-screenshotUrl.jpg

THIS! IS! LESMOS!

8of4.gif

Lesmos always ruining my laps ...

Gave the Suzuka TT a try in a couple non meta cars before I found one capable of a gold time.

1:51.448 GT-R GT500 '08

After that I went to Monza TT and about 1 and half hours in I clocked a 1:46.453

At first the Ferrari felt like it drove like a MC20'20 and after a few more laps it started to remind me of the Stratos - a car I'm very familiar with.
I will likely give this another go and try to get in the 45's.

If anyone needs a ghost with automatic, TC1 and controller to chase, here is one.

Search for "monzattauto" in showcase.

View attachment 1283522
Excuse my lack of knowledge... But I am not aware how to load someone else's ghost to chase it, even if you share it in showcase. Can you guide step by step if you know how to do it. Honestly I thought it was not possible 🤔

Excuse my lack of knowledge... But I am not aware how to load someone else's ghost to chase it, even if you share it in showcase. Can you guide step by step if you know how to do it. Honestly I thought it was not possible 🤔
In content search, look for replays, enter keyword, find the replay you want. Hit collection. In ghost setting, open ghost and go to collection tab to load the ghost

Last edited:
In content search, look for replays, enter keyword, find the replay you want. Hit collection. In ghost setting, open ghost and go to collection tab to load the ghost
Wow... It is possible.... I didn't know...I mean this question was asked before and answer was "not possible" but I guess people didn't know how to do it. Thanks for explanation.
I guess this is your ghost 😊 nice car 😊
18a3dcff76e42-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

tried red bull ring (1:29.960) and monza (1:46.896) this evening, both with AT, TC0 and countersteer help "high".
Definitely a nicer experience than mount panorama...

I need to get a bit more dialed in at Monza. First time back since Day 1 and I can at least say I've improved a little.

Like everyone else, it seems most of my laps are invalidated for various infractions, but I did manage to get some decent laps to count while figuring everything out.

Still, I need to find 0.8 seconds for a Gold time. Which, once I can more confidently get through the Lesmos and Ascari sections, I think I'll have it.

View attachment 1283489

View attachment 1283490

THIS! IS! LESMOS!

View attachment 1283491

If I may, I'll give you a non-alien reference, my splits in Monza are:
(total: 1:46.896)
So your clues are right, you should search these 8 tenth mainly in the third sector, and a bit in the second :D

Prioritize getting out of the corners well to gain a lot in the straight. This applies to the Ascari but also the Lesmos

View attachment 1283489

View attachment 1283490

THIS! IS! LESMOS!

View attachment 1283491

FWIW...like what @bianconiglio said, the exit of the corners are extremely important for Monza because they all lead to long straights. If you must, enter the corner slower, but make sure you get the line right so you can start applying power early.

For example, the second part of the first chicane. Make sure you cut the first part so you ended up at the right hand side of the track before making the left, the wider line allows you to apply more power much much earlier. For me, it was about 2 to 3 tenths just that part of chicane alone. If you have to brake a meter or 2 early just to stablize the car to cut the first part...do it. You gain way more from the exit compare to late braking. Another part is the last lefty at Ascari....lift and rotate the car at the middle part if you have to, but make sure you have the widest line possible for the exit. Not only it gives you better exit speed, it is A LOT more stable. Again, it was a good 2 to 3 tenths for me between getting it right or just kinda right.

As for the Lesmos, I found that the best way for me to take those corners are brake hard but immediately relex the brake pedal slowly so the car will turn instead of understeer off the road. For Lesmo 2 , if you do it right, you can apply power right before you hit the apex curb.

Last edited:
You know guys, this Monza TT seems to be very easy for me, I'm at a low 1'50.000 time. The car does not slide much at all but sometimes it can understeer if I'm not careful traversing the corners/turns. I will have to post my runs later in the week. Now idk about the Suzuka one, I may try for silver there, but that's a big if.

Why do the numbers turn red at Monza. I guess if you hit the wall or go offtrack the lap goes void/invalidated.

Why do the numbers turn red at Monza. I guess if you hit the wall or go offtrack the lap goes void/invalidated.
Yep, track limits. The curbs, especially in the chicanes are tricky. If you even get a millimeter of all four wheels over them, it's a penalty. But instead of a penalty slow-down zone like previous TT's, infringements here automatically cause the lap to be invalidated.

1’49.752 after a first outing at Suzuka tonight, should be fairly satisfied with that normally but when I had 0’49.161 at split two (under the bridge) it definitely should’ve been better than a .752. Hairpin, Spoon and Casio Triangle needs work!

What's up here? I thought Japan was "only" one TT ahead of everyone else thanks to an exclusive. I just stumbled upon this guy while browsing the leaderboards. 44. And we have 40.
18a3ebbdab472-screenshotUrl.png

Yep, track limits. The curbs, especially in the chicanes are tricky. If you even get a millimeter of all four wheels over them, it's a penalty. But instead of a penalty slow-down zone like previous TT's, infringements here automatically cause the lap to be invalidated.
That's what I thought, so I'll have to think of a workaround to make the lap easier. Maybe using the assists first to know where the best braking points are?

And what do I need to have the brake balance set to?

Last edited:
That's what I thought, so I'll have to think of a workaround to make the lap easier. Maybe using the assists first to know where the best braking points are?

And what do I need to have the brake balance set to?
Assuming you are using them, I don't think using assists are a bad idea to get to know the car. Once you feel comfortable, try turning one or more of them off. It will take some time to get used to the adjustment, but once you get a feeling for how the car handles without them, you will run faster. Running without aids also allows me to be more precise through the chicanes. I would get understeer otherwise which would limit my lines through the corners. With that said, navigating around the curbs can still be difficult. In my sessions, probably a good 75%+ of my laps have been invalidated because I'm pushing so hard and barely cross over the limits.

As for the brakes, I use whatever the default is. I've never messed with the balance. I always have ABS set to 1, though.

God this morning was frustrated, i did a 1 hour session before work at Monza, the first 20 minutes were cat shrimp throwing hell and was completely out of focus.
last 30 minutes were kind of good, altho i did not set a new PB, so still in the 46'
I had somany laps in the 46.08......07.......09...... but i kept screwing something up, it's always one corner that bites me in a fast lap, and the worst of it all is that it changes corners per session :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's very doable, but just still hasn't happened yet :lol::banghead:

can you show which video you mean, I sometimes compare vidoes, put them next to each other in video app on phone
This kind of video where we see our replay plus a ghost! I wonder if I can load an alien ghost onto one of my replays? I don't know if I made myself understood?

Last edited by a moderator:
This kind of video where we see our replay plus a ghost! I wonder if I can load an alien ghost onto one of my replays? I don't know if I made myself understood?

Load the ghost, and you can just press record button (small button on controller on upper left hand side, and select record) and drive your lap, finish lap, stop recording, and then use PS app on phone to download video and watch it, or upload it to YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back