Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,394 comments
STOOOOOOOOPPPPP 👽👽👽👽 !!!! Please !!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 stop your Yabadabadoo !!!!!!! 🤣🤣
Bravo mon ami !!!!!!!! Respect !!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I think I will retest the 458 !!!!!!😉😉
Yabadabadooo 🤣🤣🤣

18aa876f4ce68-screenshotUrl.jpg

Woke up this fine Sunday out of the gold at Goodwood by .016 🥺 ,had 30 minutes before NFL started and managed to get back in by .041, 😀,pass that remote 😂
View attachment 1287877
Nice job on your lap mate, the NFL is here? I don't watch football a whole lot.

Jumped online yesterday at 16:20, had a look through the used and legendary cars then dived back into Goodwood.

5 mins in I was way ahead of last weeks stint... cleared the chicane by taking the grass at the pitlane with me, and the wall 🤣

Was on for what seemed to be a 1:25.xxx as that slowed me down a lot but I still beat my 1:27.514 from last week by a few tenths on that first lap.

10 mins more of abuse and I got into silver but kept taking the pitlane grass with me each time so left it at that.

View attachment 1288055

If I spent a bit more time I think I would have quite easily gained a gold.

Was tempted to go back to RBR for one final run but though I didn't have much time online this weekend so went for Catalunya.

With the 40 minutes I had left, I just jumped in with the Supra Gr3 as I knew how it handled from the Gazoo Cup and managed a silver after a few laps of getting used to the track again.

Will probably go for gold when I next jump online.

View attachment 1288056

Those sausage kerbs though 😡 😂
Brilliant!! I may need some help here later.

I finally had the time and energy to sit down and properly try the Catalunya, tried several cars but the 458 felt the best, I think I never used this car before in any challenge, even in single player mode, I had it tuned and all, but never used it.

SHARE_20230918_0928130.jpeg

The final chicane... God almighty... I had a 1:45.590 lap where I somehow nailed it, and ran 50 laps after that, I was ahead of my +0.3 ghost for the whole lap, building the gap until the last chicane, I was 100% certain that I would go into the 44s at least 10 times, but of course, I screwed up the first or the second sausage every single time... In the best lap I easily lost 3 tenths just in the final corner alone and here I am...

SHARE_20230918_0928141.jpeg

@Gomario JSP I'm coming for you :lol:

Gone back to Goodwood as Barcelona is too boring..

Managed a 1:24.236 to go 51st. Gutted not to break top 50. Had a 24.0 in my pocket but run out of time. Doubtful I'll get on for another session now.

I'm gonna upload a video tomorrow though hopefully- I had what I think was an absolute world class sector 2... like... sometimes I say "oh I was right on that top ghost" but really I've lost 3 or 4 tenths... nah I was all over the 2nd place ghost for that one sector. It was a 35.5xx most of the time I'm doing 35.8xx 35.7xx in a good lap. Shame s1 and 2 were very lacklustre!

Frustration at Goodwood Saturday. I was hoping to nail a lap and surpass my mid 1:24. Instead, I couldn't even get under 1:25. Nothing was going right. I had trouble just getting through the chicane every restart. I decided it would be a good time to take a break from GT7 and let my PS4 sit yesterday.

So my second go at Catalunya it was today. Initially I was going to mess around again with the McLaren or Porsche, but I saw some fast times with the 458 on the board. So I decided to give that a try. It doesn't feel like it rotates quite as well, but I was putting down faster times in it.

I don't feel great anywhere.
  • Turns 1 and 2 are kind of hit and miss.
  • I have absolutely no idea when to pick up the throttle in turn 3.
  • Sometimes I nail turn 5, other times I simply understeer off.
  • I would love to figure out how to not slide coming out of 7 if I can help it. It seems more often than not, I'm sideways.
  • I hit turn 9 correctly maybe 1 out of every 10 tries.
  • The hairpin that is turn 10...It's not a bad corner in this car. I'm just inconsistent there.
  • The first right of the chicane I'm good with. I want to blow up the 2nd part. Either I go slightly too wide and bounce hard off the curb, or I cut in too early and pick up a penalty.
With that said, I was finally able to get a respectable lap after over 100 miles. Not far off @Vule and @Evilmuffin.

IMG_2369.jpg

Gave the DB5 Goodwood TT a proper attempt tonight and managed a 1’24.185, good for P45 right now. Happy with that though I may be able to squeeze a little more out of this combo.

Whether I will or not remains to be seen because I'm torn on how I feel about this TT. The chicane really is atrocious and not only kills but murders the beautiful flow the track has prior to the chicane. Too much of a lottery as well. And the DB5 feels amazing here... Contrasting experience.

My 2¢. Good luck, people.

The chicane really is atrocious... Too much of a lottery as well.
Agreed. I also struggle a lot with Turn 1, and I also find the right-left after the back straight to be a 50/50, so I've really struggled to build up consistency here.

For me, though, it's all about Turn 1 and I just can't get it right consistently - on the odd occasion where I nail it, I usually screw up the chicane.

As such, I ended up agonisingly close to a gold - 0.017s off - but I can't seem to make any improvement on that.

Frustration at Goodwood Saturday. I was hoping to nail a lap and surpass my mid 1:24. Instead, I couldn't even get under 1:25. Nothing was going right. I had trouble just getting through the chicane every restart. I decided it would be a good time to take a break from GT7 and let my PS4 sit yesterday.

So my second go at Catalunya it was today. Initially I was going to mess around again with the McLaren or Porsche, but I saw some fast times with the 458 on the board. So I decided to give that a try. It doesn't feel like it rotates quite as well, but I was putting down faster times in it.

I don't feel great anywhere.
  • Turns 1 and 2 are kind of hit and miss.
  • I have absolutely no idea when to pick up the throttle in turn 3.
  • Sometimes I nail turn 5, other times I simply understeer off.
  • I would love to figure out how to not slide coming out of 7 if I can help it. It seems more often than not, I'm sideways.
  • I hit turn 9 correctly maybe 1 out of every 10 tries.
  • The hairpin that is turn 10...It's not a bad corner in this car. I'm just inconsistent there.
  • The first right of the chicane I'm good with. I want to blow up the 2nd part. Either I go slightly too wide and bounce hard off the curb, or I cut in too early and pick up a penalty.
With that said, I was finally able to get a respectable lap after over 100 miles. Not far off @Vule and @Evilmuffin.

View attachment 1288259

You are loosing a lot already in Sector 1,
i didnt upload my PB lap yet but tried some laps this morning following my ghost and S1 already am .200 up on yours, and I think my PB lap S1 was a lot faster but have to check.
So if you master that you are already half way!

I took a sneak peak at @djolliea and went for 3 gear entry aswell, seems to stable out the Ferrari quit good, I sometimes even brake between T1 and T2 to get more traction out of 2.

I had somany laps this morning in the low 45, .178, .183 etc. etc.
It is there but everytime I stuff it up somewhere.....like always...

I'm sure you will 44 soon mate!

@Vule You are coming in fast mate 🙏
Nice time!, I think we are both at the point that the last sausage is make or break 🙈🤣

Good example lap 🤣🤣......almost again.....but just not exactly 🤣

I think it's cursed, I painted it in Ferrari official blue blah blah.... I think it wants to be red to go into the 44' 🤣

20970517614280170.jpg

Attachments

• 20970517614280170.jpg
    20970517614280170.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 7
oh crap, I just discovered that my 1:27.481 silver at Goodwood is silver-no-more :guilty: (from wiki: silver-no-more is a color similar in appearance to silver. In the RYB color model historically used in the race, silver-no-more is a secondary color created by combining the personal best time and the world record in different proportions).

I'm quite sure it still was silver on saturday when I looked for it. I don't think I have time to recover.

Barcellona with Porsche is at 1:47.777
It's 8/10th in the silver. Hopefully at least this should stay.

Evening all! I’ve been busy these last 48 hours doing a few laps when I’m feeling up to it. Progress has been made. I’m still not convinced on the DB5 at Goodwood, it can be incredibly fun at times but the strange and unpredictable handling lets it down sometimes. I did make some big progress today and withhhh a bit of luck can secure back to back top 100 finishes after a tasty 80th at Laguna Seca.

Sorry @Gomario JSP I seem to have displaced you on the leaderboard, time to dust off the leather racing gloves and wax cap a couple more times! 😜 resident motion steering alien @Barareklam still seems unreachable though and let’s not even mention @djolliea who at this rate will set a world record before long!
IMG_2605.jpeg

I also checked in to the GTR at RBR, I still don’t like this combo but I’ve got to start stepping it up if I want to keep stat padding 😂😂

IMG_2604.jpeg

Sub 1:29.000 is definitely on the radar if I ever got a good exit from T1 but I really don’t have the enthusiasm for trying :odd:

As for Catalunya and Group 3… well. Wellity wellity wellity. It’s just not that fun is it? That last chicane is pain. And the one time I nailed it…. A mysterious 1 second penalty was slapped on me, it didn’t seem like I abused it anywhere near as much as many of the replays I’d watched but… yeah. Pain. I’d be happy to do a @Evilmuffin and do a sub 1:45.000 on this one; chances to play are few and far between in the coming weeks so it might not happen. One things for sure, I still love the 650S! It’s just so adjustable and you can get on the power super early, one of my favourite race cars on GT7 :D

IMG_2606.jpeg

1 second penalty?

You are loosing a lot already in Sector 1,
i didnt upload my PB lap yet but tried some laps this morning following my ghost and S1 already am .200 up on yours, and I think my PB lap S1 was a lot faster but have to check.
So if you master that you are already half way!
I had been running 30.1's in sector 1. As per usual, I seem to set my best laps when I start the lap off slow. Same for Goodwood at the moment. :grumpy:
IMG_2606.jpeg

1 second penalty?
Did you run slightly too wide coming out of the chicane? I've had plenty of those. My right side tires don't touch the sausage on the left as I exit, yet I get penalized anyway.

I had been running 30.1's in sector 1. As per usual, I seem to set my best laps when I start the lap off slow. Same for Goodwood at the moment. :grumpy:

Did you run slightly too wide coming out of the chicane? I've had plenty of those. My right side tires don't touch the sausage on the left as I exit, yet I get penalized anyway.
The track limit at the chincane is weird. Sometime I would get penalty when I thought I didn't run over the sausage, yet other time I for sure would get penalty and nothing happened. I ended up just using TheKie's ghost as reference and run over the place he ran over.

Exit was ok this time! I don’t cut the first sausage which probably costs me time but I don’t like how it unsettles the car. I thought I cut the second one perfectly but bam 1 second penalty. As the ‘muff says, it appears to be a bit random.

Already it’s doing my head in and I’ve only done 15 laps 😂

I'm...speechless. I was going to settle with a 1:45.292 tonight, which was an improvement from yesterday. I exited the session, cleared my mind, and jumped back in to run a couple of laps and see if I could improve. Then out of nowhere this happens on the third lap. :eek: That'll be my best for this TT. No way will I be improving.

IMG_2375.jpg

Every sector was solid. For once.
IMG_2374.jpg

Only got the alien Finn in front of me.
IMG_2376.jpg

And to top things off, GT7 congratulated me (literally) with a nice prize!
IMG_2377.jpg

I'm...speechless. I was going to settle with a 1:45.292 tonight, which was an improvement from yesterday. I exited the session, cleared my mind, and jumped back in to run a couple of laps and see if I could improve. Then out of nowhere this happens on the third lap. :eek: That'll be my best for this TT. No way will I be improving.

View attachment 1288430
Every sector was solid. For once.
View attachment 1288429

Only got the alien Finn in front of me.
View attachment 1288431

And to top things off, GT7 congratulated me (literally) with a nice prize!
View attachment 1288432

This is nuts. You guys make me feel completely slow every time. 😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

Back