Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
Never listen to @Dolph Drago when he said he couldn't find the speed. Out of nowhere, he will just punt all of us down the leaderboard 🤪
He's a mad man. On a controller. Blows me away how dialed that is. I'm honing in on a gold but it's gonna take some work. I'm splitting hairs here at GW. Catalunya sucks. I hate that track. I get so lost in it. Once the Aston is done I'll try for bronze but that's prob not even likely for me. I get frustrated there. Apparently I like old European cars more than anything in this game. 🍻

Evening all! I’ve been busy these last 48 hours doing a few laps when I’m feeling up to it. Progress has been made. I’m still not convinced on the DB5 at Goodwood, it can be incredibly fun at times but the strange and unpredictable handling lets it down sometimes. I did make some big progress today and withhhh a bit of luck can secure back to back top 100 finishes after a tasty 80th at Laguna Seca.

Sorry @Gomario JSP I seem to have displaced you on the leaderboard, time to dust off the leather racing gloves and wax cap a couple more times! 😜 resident motion steering alien @Barareklam still seems unreachable though and let’s not even mention @djolliea who at this rate will set a world record before long!
View attachment 1288373

I also checked in to the GTR at RBR, I still don’t like this combo but I’ve got to start stepping it up if I want to keep stat padding 😂😂

View attachment 1288374

Sub 1:29.000 is definitely on the radar if I ever got a good exit from T1 but I really don’t have the enthusiasm for trying :odd:

As for Catalunya and Group 3… well. Wellity wellity wellity. It’s just not that fun is it? That last chicane is pain. And the one time I nailed it…. A mysterious 1 second penalty was slapped on me, it didn’t seem like I abused it anywhere near as much as many of the replays I’d watched but… yeah. Pain. I’d be happy to do a @Evilmuffin and do a sub 1:45.000 on this one; chances to play are few and far between in the coming weeks so it might not happen. One things for sure, I still love the 650S! It’s just so adjustable and you can get on the power super early, one of my favourite race cars on GT7 :D

View attachment 1288375

1 second penalty?
If that rear left in the last picture loses contact with the rumble strip it will be a penalty because you don't have any contact with the ground inside the track limits.

Never listen to @Dolph Drago when he said he couldn't find the speed. Out of nowhere, he will just punt all of us down the leaderboard 🤪
Yeah Mr miracle wonderlap has done it again 🤣🤣

I'm getting so frustrated, did a lot of miles today, somany in the 45.1....45.2..... but i need to reprogram my brain to TAKE the fisrt sausage in order to line up right for the second, but my muscle memory just want to avoid it 🤣🤣

Maby in a next session...... to frustrated now 🤣

Last edited:
Hit Goodwood for one last time (probably) last night. Took a few laps to get my groove, but i ended with a 1.24.994. Had an optimal of .654 but i doubt i can improve.

I love the track and have always thrown the car around turn 1 so that helps, but i have always struggled with the double rights at the bottom of the track for some reason. I am also very inconsistent in the chicane which has thrown a best lap in the trash more than a few times, as we all have i suspect.

Had a great time with this combo but i guess it's time to hit up the other two which i am not a fan of

Finally got 🥇 at Goodwood!

I had to study holl01's replay and that made all the difference. Turn 1 was flummoxing me, but I get it now, and managed a 1:25.619 after missing out on gold last night by 0.017s. I was up by 0.2s on a subsequent lap but stuffed it at the chicane, but I hope that this time will be enough for gold.

Tried Catalunya last night - similar to Suzuka TT - an easy silver but I reckon it will be a difficult gold. I managed to get to 3.78% without much trouble, but that extra 1% is going to be tough.

Last edited:
Never was setting a PB during a time trial more NOT satisfying than this one.....

Just shoot me...... 🤣

You see......it's definitely cursed, should I paint it red again? 🤨😅🤣

18ab3829e9416-screenshotUrl.jpg

View attachment 1288646
View attachment 1288647
View attachment 1288648

Top 50 is agonisingly close 🤯🤯🤯 YouTube video to come shortly to expose myself as the fraud that I am 😇😂

Your move, Sir @Gomario JSP mic drop, Doth’s cap, runs away
Here it is; Countersteering assist strong is on. Yes, I suck :dunce:

That is a great time there "Sir Embarras the rest of us" 🤣
Funny how the CS worked for you, I tried same laps with it in the beginning but I lost somuch feeling for the slide I quickly turned it off 🤣, but hey, it's called timetrial and we have a car a track and a few variables wich you can use, an assist is one of them, if it makes you faster why the hell not? 👍
If i was faster with.......but no...🤣

I'm not going to pick up the mic, I think I drove more miles than you flew to Chicago and back..... I just want to burn it..... case closed 🤣🤣, you won....like always 😡😡😚😚

Now hop around the sausage of death, under the Spanish sun, .... feels kind of lonely on the upper side of the board 🤣.......or just Donny brasco it this time.... "forget about it " 🤣

Last edited:
I was 1 tenth slower than the gold time, and after many laps where I was going quicker only to mess up the final sector, I finally came up with this. I think it's my best TT result so far.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230920195622.jpg

Also, the ticket from the daily marathon gave me the Citroen invite, which means I finally own all invite cars! :cheers:

I'll definitely have one last run at the Goodwood TT today. I'm currently just inside the top 50, but my optimal lap was 0.7 faster :lol: I was actually ahead of the 2nd place ghost and binned the final chicane :banghead:
For some reason this TT has come really easily for me....I always seem to do better in road cars where the grip is low. Maybe it's because I'm old and my reactions aren't fast enough to be this competitive in Gr2 cars for example.... :lol:

Never was setting a PB during a time trial more NOT satisfying than this one.....

Just shoot me...... 🤣

You see......it's definitely cursed, should I paint it red again? 🤨😅🤣

View attachment 1288640
Ohh I know....I've done a .002 and a .003 back to back 🫠

Just did a session with a 1:44.934....didn't totally nail the 2nd sector :boggled:

Edit: Went back for another session and got into the 1:44.8s. Optimal is in the low 1:44.6s, so 44.7 is totally doable but just couldn't get a lap together 🙃

18ab52b221c58-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Last push for gold achieved 😀 1,25.502. I’m on a wheel and used the CS strong as suggested by someone here (thank you).

With both of the regular TT’s currently gold I’ll be forced to go and improve at RBR. Man I despise RBR track limits because it’s the last 2 turns that frustrates me to no end.

Good luck everyone at GW. Oh and I also got it in a Goodwood green car.

Gave up on improving Goodwood past a mid-level silver time and started focusing on Catalunya. I've been using the Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 as that's what I used last time and built a special livery for it. I've done about 50 or 60km in it last night and managed to sneak into silver, but not by much. I feel like the Jag has been nerfed since the last TT here. I'm going to persist and see how far I can get by the weekend, then switch over to the Ferrari or Porsche if I'm not seeing any improvements.

Gave up on improving Goodwood past a mid-level silver time and started focusing on Catalunya. I've been using the Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 as that's what I used last time and built a special livery for it. I've done about 50 or 60km in it last night and managed to sneak into silver, but not by much. I feel like the Jag has been nerfed since the last TT here. I'm going to persist and see how far I can get by the weekend, then switch over to the Ferrari or Porsche if I'm not seeing any improvements.
I don't know how much time you spent on the game? but if it's like me who plays 1 or 2 times a week I advise you to take what is used at the top of the ranking, the rest is a waste of time for me! so I find the Ferrari easier in this combo 😉

Just looked at the next TT myself too 🤦🏻‍♂️ why another gr3 and on RH tires too.

I do like the Porsche on RH but I don't think I will like it that much with this track let the crashes begin 🤣

Back