Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,364 comments
Grabbed another 30 mins in the 911 and have nailed a lap that’s probably about as fast as I’m going to go. In theory there’s another 0.124 to find but I’m very much into the law of diminishing returns now…
1695530914747.jpeg

zjn
Do you mind to share your ghost in game? I may be needing a rabbit with same car to hunt.

I anticipate i'm not catching you, it's a cruelty free chase
Ofcourse, no problem, I'm still having trouble with the GTR, it has real potential but I think it's not the easiest 🤣

I saved a few replays with I think a 38.8/38.7/38.6 named DGSGTR or username ofcourse 😁

More and faster will come when I have a bit of time 😁

Great times in the Merc! I tried 4 cars and called it quits and went Supra, respect.
In the past I used a bunch of your tunes and I thank you again for that.

I just made it into the 38’s today and I know that you will too.

Oh and FR sent 🥹
Bravo my friend for your time !!!!👏👏👏👏
I hope to be under 1'39 too with the Mercedes. You don't have to thank me for the tunes, it was a great pleasure to share them and see that people were using them. Thank you and others for using them :bowdown::bowdown:

Good luck with your quest, I'm in the 1'42.000's, I tried using the AMG car first then I switched to the Porsche RSR and got better results. And I swiped the chicane of death without a scratch. Today was my 32nd birthday also so I had a pretty good relaxing day with gt7. I won't give up hope on this but gold does seem challenging and vying.
Happy birthday Chris 🥳🥳
We are here very happy to see the progress you can make. Shows that perseverance pays off. And you must continue in this life and you will see your efforts will be even better rewarded. Above all, you don't give up 💪💪💪. Bravo Chris 👏👏👏

Another short run in the blue bastard, I just could not get lower today then 38.6xx with it, it was very close a few times but had more trouble to get it thru the DC then yesterday,

18ac78bf34614-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ac78c242a89-screenshotUrl.jpg

Then was al frustrated (did runs on the Nokia-plus setup, (Remoteplay) and it just feels different control-wise, maby some more input lag of the Dualsense?

then Supra time again, just to get the convidence again and maby better my fastest but no..... 38.7's and a lot of sliding....

Not my dag I guess.

Remembered that a muffin dit quite a good run with the 911 so gave that a go, had a few minutes until I had to leave, first 2 laps were 38.7 and 38.8, god I forgot how grippy that second gear is!

I think I'm going to investigate the RSR, thanks @Evilmuffin 😁

Where can I find all of your replays, I see your times in the friends section but I don't see the blue icon to the right, the replay button. I guess I'll have to search it in the showcase section of the game.

After a couple of days away I started on the Dragon Trail TT today. Two sessions and 235 miles later I finished 6 laps and 4 of those were valid...

Most disasters happened at the first chicane exit, a few at the exit of the right hander at the bottom of the hill, a few through the esses, and on the handful of occasions I made it past that, the COD killed me. Or the last corner. Ended on a 1:37.971 and might leave it at that.

It's great that you take a lot of time and dedication for keeping up and recording every single user's lap time on every TT that has been shown on gt7. I'm proud of you, are you a pro at DT-Seaside. I absolutley hate the death chicane because it can spoil a good run/lap if you are not careful.

I'm low silver at DT. 40.0xx. I was on a tear last evening. I know I say this every time but I think I have it in me for gold and I don't remember when this track was added to the series but I do love it so very much. I've always had a soft spot for the COD. I know it's hated here but man it gives a leg up. I'm probably 75 percent making it through at my pace (which def isn't top tier but I'm not slow) and every time I make it through it puts a huge smile on. I know this isn't even close to the same as GW was but this track, with all the big crubs and with these cars I find this test to be super fun and in some ways similar because of the way you thrash yourself through a few corners. The M6 endurance is a beast here. Plus it actually sounds like what I believe a proper touring car should. Cheers all. Keep grinding!

Last edited:
After a couple of days away I started on the Dragon Trail TT today. Two sessions and 235 miles later I finished 6 laps and 4 of those were valid...

Most disasters happened at the first chicane exit, a few at the exit of the right hander at the bottom of the hill, a few through the esses, and on the handful of occasions I made it past that, the COD killed me. Or the last corner. Ended on a 1:37.971 and might leave it at that.
Yeah, if you had statistics on Dragon Trail retries, I am sure it will show gazillion retries , I myself would stand for a million at least ........

Yeah, if you had statistics on Dragon Trail retries, I am sure it will show gazillion retries , I myself would stand for a million at least ........
I would win easly with a gazillion wall impacts 🤣

@half_sourly great job, I would kill for a sub 38 right now, I have to find .5 of a second and i have no idea how I am going to find it 🤣🤣

Ground out a 39.1 at Seaside in the BRZ that I'm hoping holds for gold.

Admittedly I've been playing the CoD a bit safe, but the corner I found most annoying was actually the fast right after the first chicane. There's a decent chunk of time in it if you risk the inside of the kerb but if you risk it and miss the perfect line, you are 100% getting the braking for the next corner wrong and probably ruining your lap.

Ground out a 39.1 at Seaside in the BRZ that I'm hoping holds for gold.

Admittedly I've been playing the CoD a bit safe, but the corner I found most annoying was actually the fast right after the first chicane. There's a decent chunk of time in it if you risk the inside of the kerb but if you risk it and miss the perfect line, you are 100% getting the braking for the next corner wrong and probably ruining your lap.
Next time ..if you do decide to give it a go again. On those laps that you know you screwed up the 1st or 2nd sector....be it crash or what not. Keep going and practice full send for the chicane of death.

Next time ..if you do decide to give it a go again. On those laps that you know you screwed up the 1st or 2nd sector....be it crash or what not. Keep going and practice full send for the chicane of death.
This is good advice, the more you get familiair to it the less scary it becomes 😁
But the more you get thru it, the more you die.... just part of the job, it's all or nothing 😁🤣🤣

You hope that one lap..... sticking each sector and then full scratchless out of the CoD 😁

I haven't had it yet, but I will come 🤣

Phew. 1:39.184 on DT with the 911 after ... let's just say a lot of attempts. That means all three TTs in gold range for now - albeit all of them by the tiniest of margins, so fingers crossed 🤞, and time for a break.

I only started with GT7, and sim racing in general for that matter, a few months ago when I got my PSVR2. Since then I have sunk 300 hours into the game, and a good chunk of that into TTs. It's just such an incredibly addictive challenge to shave off hundredth after hundredth with no outside factors or luck to blame for my failures, everything is pure concentration and immersion. I love it.

Even though I'll probably never make it into the top ranks of the leaderboard, I am just happy to be in the company of such amazing drivers who keep motivating me to become better. Cheers! :cheers:

1695597562252.png

Last edited:
While it may have only taken 7ish laps to get to a 1:44.9XX at Catalunya, it has taken another 50 laps to bring that down to a 1:44.831 which now places me 350th currently. No matter what I did, I could not string a clean lap together. There is still another 3 tenths in that lap however I don't think it will be possible for me to ever put in a lap that clean. Track limits at Turn 9 was a killer for me, it was my most common cause of penalty, but even worse than that, the penalty was issued after the penalty zone which meant it would ruin the next lap as well. Very frustrating system.

Also had another go with the GTR around Redbull Ring. Now at a 1:29.098 which places me 743rd. My original time was a 1:29.986 which I'm not sure how serious that was, it placed me 7000th. There's still a little bit of time left in this lap as well but I won't have time to go back to it before it ends. Optimum would've snuck me into the 1:28s which I think was achievable if I had time to dedicate to that.

Thank you! Do you have a replay of a run done on a ps4 controller, see I don't use the wheel anymore. The one on Dragon Trail- Seaside. You don't have to post it now, but when you have free time from work.
Sorry, I was out all day at a family and friends gathering at my parents' house today. My 1:38.129 replay is available to watch/ghost in GT7. I haven't uploaded it to Youtube yet, but I can do so tomorrow after work.

Last edited:
Quick little session before work today, have some private things to do during the day so started an hour and a half earlier at work at 7 AM (instead of 8:30 ) and had set the alarm at 5:30 AM for some CoD scraping.
Still nuts i know, but this is an hour of focus when the kittens are willing to grant me some time......

Took the 911 out, just feels better, planted like the 650.
I doesnt realy like eating curbs so you have to be aware of that.

I had loaded my PB in the Supra 38.560 and placed 0.6 ahead, it's like i like fallowing a ghost, but when to close it distracts me, so 0.6 is fine, you'll notice a gain or loss.
I was on my own tail somany times BEFORE CoD it wasn't even funny anymore but always went full wallpounding so thought....
i'll just deactivate it right before the CoD so i could focus a bit more on the place NOT to hit instead of fallowing my ghost.
That helped a bit, and had more non paintscraping exits :lol:

Finally had one descent ( again a bit cautious at the CoD ) lap and found some time, still far of the laptime i want but it's a start again.

The M&M Supra persuit.

1:38.309 for now, but lost of room to improve with the 911 :)

Thank you @Tidgney for making this, hope that this will be fixed fast.
I have been saying this for a long time, but I'm just the "guy with a tin foil hat" soooo... :lol: :cheers:

I saw the video indeed, if it is true ( and it seems like it, because he is kind of very consistent in his driving ) this is a big deal?!!
And does the same apply to the online time trials??

Same thing happens in the online TT's.
that's massive mate, he has a huge difference :irked: :irked:
i think i'm not the one to try these things out on the current tt because i'm to inconsistent out of turn before the straight i think
But changing sessions now and then could be very helpfull it seems :banghead:

Back