Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
Hopefully this will be my last day at Willow Springs.

Day 2 with the Corvette and I'm about 0.2 seconds into Gold. However, I started with the Circuit Experience which is also using the Corvette. This was a nice strategy, allowing to repeat each sector to experiment ways to squeeze out whatever time you can. Then was a short stint of 10 laps to set my time.

View attachment 1308550View attachment 1308551

Tomorrow I'll start working the Alpine around Watkins Glen. Looking forward to this one!
Hey, I'm not too far behind you, I'm at 1'15.187. I used a lot of speed at the last two right turns before heading out to the finish line.

First time on since I left for work 2 weeks ago. Bit disappointed I didn't stay gold for the snow one. 911 was an easy one so that was fine.

Hate willow still so took a few laps bringing myself back into it. Safely gold after maybe 8 laps. Even better after another 5 or 6.

A110 one is one of the easiest in a while isn't it? Reckon i was gold on lap 1 or 2, got a very safe time after 7 laps.

That's me done for this week I reckon.

Other than the unpredictability of the chicane and going millimeters over the line in turn 1 and/or the second to last turn, I continue to have a ball in the Alpine at the Glen! I about pooped my pants entering the chicane on my fast lap I came so close to hitting the guardrail. A top 100 could be in the books if I can clean up a few areas.

IMG_2686.jpg

I'm ahead of @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin for what feels like the first time in ages...but for how long? :mischievous: Now I wait until you pump in faster laps! :lol:
IMG_2687.jpg

There IS more time out there. I lost this lap thanks to going a fraction over the line coming out of the second to last turn. :grumpy:
IMG_2684.jpg

First time on since I left for work 2 weeks ago. Bit disappointed I didn't stay gold for the snow one. 911 was an easy one so that was fine.

Hate willow still so took a few laps bringing myself back into it. Safely gold after maybe 8 laps. Even better after another 5 or 6.

A110 one is one of the easiest in a while isn't it? Reckon i was gold on lap 1 or 2, got a very safe time after 7 laps.

That's me done for this week I reckon.
Which planet are you from?👽😉

Today i had a good run of Time Trails despite not feeling too good. I only tackled the Willow Springs International track and acheived this as you can see in the video.

NOTE: I did do a good time in the BMW M6 GT3 before, but bested it in the SUBARU here below:

I really enjoyed nailing this and slowly getting up the ranks, this is with a controller so be aware. :P

ENJOY the video!!!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231202213237.jpg

Last edited:
ZEE
Today i had a good run of Time Trails despite not feeling too good. I onyl tackled the Willow Springs Int track and acheived this as you can see in the video below,

NOTE: I did do a good time in the BMW M6 GT3 before, but bested it int eh SUBARU here below:

I really enjoyed nailing this and slowly getting up the ranks, this is with a controller so be aware. :P

ENJOY the video!!!

View attachment 1308591

Great work, I'm stuck at 1'15.187. I used a high speed at the last two right turns before the finish line(Sector 3).

After getting at least 3 more runs right at the 1:13.0xx mark and 251km today I landed the time I’ve been seeking.

1:12.957 is the least I can walk away with and know that I didn’t leave a lot more on the table. 😁

Finally made the front page of my friends list and that’s a feel good too.

IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6254.jpeg

Last edited:
@Gomario JSP @Evilmuffin @Dolph Drago
You will have to slow down your pace a little (even a lot) !!!! 🥵🥵 🤣🤣
I won't be able to keep up with you with my 1'21'071!!!! It's unbearable !!!! 🤣🤣
Even if Willow Springs (549th in the world) and Watkins Glen (630th in the world) are my 2 best TTs, I can't keep up with your infernal pace !!!!🤣🤣
In any case, congratulations to you three my friends !!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

PS: @Evilmuffin : can you send me a friend request (if you want of course) please sir ? My PSN : jejechris. Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hello @Gomario JSP, @Dolph Drago ..... Wake up!
View attachment 1308634
View attachment 1308636

Merical lap actually didn't happen....as it would put me well in the 1:20.3s. At the end of the session I couldn't concentrate enough to consistently do .7s in the 1st sector.

hi-hey-there.gif

What is the world..... I wake up..... and almost have to scroll down my own leaderboard to even see myself with my 20.800 🤣🤣
I almost poo'ed you all!

But thought..... a better way would be to climb up again 🤣

Rise and shine mates, time to go to work now 🤣🤣

For me also no miracle lap but found a little time..... @Evilmuffin if you aim for a 20.3 you'll win, hell no I'm going to match that so for now...... I'm happy with this 🤣

18c2ee5a6e13-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

18c2ee5f15c22-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c2ee5c84348-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Dolph Drago good to see you on top of the board again in this extreme competition these days 😁😁

@Jeje6410 you are absolutely on fire these last tt's, its so nice to see how some people have evolved into top drivers, keep it up mate you are doing mighty fine! 😁😁

Last edited:
Started trying out the Ford GT at Big Willow last night. Quite an adjustment from the FR nature of the Viper to the widebody MR GT. Spent a lot of time clipping the sand and flying off into the desert, resetting, and beginning again. When I finally found a rhythm I managed to get my time down to 1:13:310, less than two hundredths off gold! Frustratingly close in fact! Haven't been able to match or better than lap since, but will put some time in over the next few days and see if I can master that beast and secure my 15th gold.

I have now done all the special TT results too in the results thread, have put the index of TTs in the first post behind a spoiler to save space, and in the second post have created a 2022 gtplanet scoreboard, as well as one for 2023 which I'll update after each completed TT.

I believe that brings me up to speed with all results and new drivers (3 who contacted me via pm this week).

If you see any errors or weirdness in any of the scoreboards, let me know; there is every chance of mistakes creeping in as I add people and new items.

As ever, I hope you find value in the results posts. :cheers:

I have now done all the special TT results too in the results thread, have put the index of TTs in the first post behind a spoiler to save space, and in the second post have created a 2022 gtplanet scoreboard, as well as one for 2023 which I'll update after each completed TT.

I believe that brings me up to speed with all results and new drivers (3 who contacted me via pm this week).

If you see any errors or weirdness in any of the scoreboards, let me know; there is every chance of mistakes creeping in as I add people and new items.

As ever, I hope you find value in the results posts. :cheers:
Thank you, do you have a database that tracks everyone's times on every TT? How do you do it. I'm just wondering.

@Gomario JSP
Here we go again 🤣

@Jeje6410
Friend request sent

@Dolph Drago
Let's move Gomario down the leaderboard again, shall we? 🤪
It never ends mate 🤣🤣
If you look at it it's kind of insane, we battle with each other within top 100 of the world, I never had any idea that this would be the case when in bought GT7 and registered here on GTplanet, and never have I felt this much competition in a game, awesome!
I'll await your faster times and I'll do whatever I can, but I doubt I can be much quicker to be honest 🤣🤣.....before going insane...

It never ends mate 🤣🤣
If you look at it it's kind of insane, we battle with each other within top 100 of the world, I never had any idea that this would be the case when in bought GT7 and registered here on GTplanet, and never have I felt this much competition in a game, awesome!
I'll await your faster times and I'll do whatever I can, but I doubt I can be much quicker to be honest 🤣🤣.....before going insane...

Lol, point taken, it's like going on a goose chase to see who's the fastest of them all.

It never ends mate 🤣🤣

FWIW ....after Lake Louise, PD had been pretty generous and giving us some easy TTs. If it wasn't for this, I doubt I would ended up in the top 100 :dunce:

Leaderboard

1:12.349 - GR Supra
1:12.448 - RCZ
1:12.584 - Alfa 8C
1:12.617 - RC F '17
1:12.652 - Corvette
1:12.714 - FT-1
1:12.721 - RX Vision
1:12.853 - Ford GT '17
1:12.902 - Suzuki VGT
1:12.925 - Supra '97
1:12.948 - SLS AMG
1:13.040 - Atenza
1:13.043 - Beetle
1:13.076 - 911 RSR
1:13.096 - WRX
1:13.113 - Viper
1:13.2XX - Gold cut-off
1:13.322 - Lancer
1:13.624 - Golf VGT
1:13.671 - Silhouette
Well...I didn't get the 1:12.9 I was hoping for...but I got 1:13.000 on the dot, that's the perfect time to end the Z4 testing on. :lol:

@half_sourly I have a suggestion for another statistic you could include: assists and ghost, as I believe there is a difference in necessary skill when it comes to which assists and if a ghost are used when settig lap times. Obviously assists or ghost aren't a guarantee for being fast and can help you learn, but using these to set leaderboard lap times feels like a crutch to me.

Last edited:
It never ends mate 🤣🤣

It still astounds me how fast some of you guys are, even with my upward trajectory in the standings lately. I think I've been at least top 2 percent for the last 5 or so TTs and I'm always at the bottom of my friends' leaderboard. I'm not competitive at the very top but man it feels nice to be close.

Back