Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,360 comments
I did a few laps last night and got a comfortable silver without too much effort, but needed to study a replay in order to figure out how to optimise Turn 2, which I was turning into way too late. I was only 0.6s off a gold, however, so I was happy with that.

This morning, and I beat my time by 0.5s on the first attempt, but it took me another 35 miles to finally string a nice lap together and I got 1:19.902.

I did a few laps last night and got a comfortable silver without too much effort, but needed to study a replay in order to figure out how to optimise Turn 2, which I was turning into way too late. I was only 0.6s off a gold, however, so I was happy with that.

This morning, and I beat my time by 0.5s on the first attempt, but it took me another 35 miles to finally string a nice lap together and I got 1:19.902.
Welcome in Yellow territory, my friend :)
You're very luck as @Tidgney just shared this morning his weekly video tutorial, you can't be wrong with this one.

Apologies it's a bit late, went away on a break for my Birthday and Anniversary :cheers: .

Got back last night, jumped on and managed to get this time and edit the guide for you, for those that still may need some help with it!

Thanks! Happy Birthday & Anniversary!
Tried following your ghost and kept up with you until just about the turn-in for the first corner.... 🤣

Last edited:
IMG_20240224_104801.jpg

Not happy with the final hairpin, but at least faster than the Muffin guy. 😌😂

Happy Birthday @Tidgney 🍻

I really enjoyed this TT. Gold took me only 20 minutes once I figured out the exit of turn 1 - and also the absolute necessity to use 3rd out of the last turn. 1.19.301 on a hand controller put me in the top 100… for five minutes lol… so I’m chuffed with that.

One of the easiest golds I’ve gotten in the game so far. The Merc is a totally different beast to pedal quickly and Bathurst was an absolute nightmare… you even so much as breathed on the mirror and you’re screwed.

Jumped on this morning only planning to get gold and leave it there...

But I enjoyed this far too much and spent 2h hours trying to improve 😂

PB is 1:19.135 but my optimal is 1:18.896, I really wanted to get to that but either messed up T1 or the final hairpin each time.

I have found that the 'straight' before the hairpin is better to take straight instead of keeping to the right over the bump, it seems to take between 0.100 - 0.150 of your time depending on your speed out of the right hander.

I also tried going deep into the final hairpin on entry to get a straight line speed out but it just ends up with the same time.

Missed a few apexs on my best time but can't put any more time into improving this one now.

Cinematic Cam

I did realise, after my controller died and I switched to my other to end the session, that the oil was 'normal', if only I started with the hire car first to save the oil in mine, maybe could have made that optimal.

Last edited:
Jumped on this morning only planning to get gold and leave it there...

But I enjoyed this far too much and spent 2h hours trying to improve 😂

PB is 1:19.135 but my optimal is 1:18.896, I really wanted to get to that but either messed up T1 or the final hairpin each time.

I have found that the 'straight' before the hairpin is better to take straight instead of keeping to the right over the bump, it seems to take between 0.100 - 0.150 of your time depending on your speed out of the right hander.

I also tried going deep into the final hairpin on entry to get a straight line speed out but it just ends up with the same time.

Missed a few apexs on my best time but can't put any more time into improving this one now.

Cinematic Cam

I did realise, after my controller died and I switched to my other to end the session, that the oil was 'normal', if only I started with the hire car first to save the oil in mine, maybe could have made that optimal.

Bravo, it's a very very clean lap!!
you completly deserve your fab score here :bowdown:
Special mention to the livery 😍

Bravo, it's a very very clean lap!!
you completly deserve your fab score here :bowdown:
Special mention to the livery 😍
Thank you glad to see you in the gold too 😎

The grill took a while to make black and pink 😂

It's the livery I used through the Gazoo Cup but without the sponsors on

20970703136136472.jpg

Gooood dog! :D

View attachment 1330913

View attachment 1330914

I think it's safe to say that the combo has finally clicked for me, and I'm having an absolute blast. I had a couple of optimals below 1:19 already, so that's what I'm going for. Which would probably also secure my second top 1000 placement at the end of the TT.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

This is fun!
Well deserved gold, you're getting too fast for me now, maybe a cat livery could help me instead 🤣

Wow, super stocked with this one. I was slowly chipping away at my time until I realised getting into the 18s was possible! Only just got in there but that puts me in the top 400 which is easily my best result so far. I know it won't last but if I can finish in the top 1000 for this one I'll be happy.

God I love this layout!!

Attachments

• 18ddbb5dcef20-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ddbb5dcef20-screenshotUrl.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 7
One you get the right flow you will be in the 18's club in no time!, you keep finding time so it's a matter of time!
It's just a few corners.....🤪🤪😂😂
yes it's only the story of corners, but also of women !!! 🤣🤣🤣
When the lady wants to watch her show on the weekend, the game must stop !!!! I can't wait for Monday when she returns to work and as I'm on vacation it will be a party 🤣🤣🤣

When the lady wants to watch her show on the weekend, the game must stop !!!! I can't wait for Monday when she returns to work and as I'm on vacation it will be a party 🤣🤣🤣
That's why my alarm clock only has an
O-sixhundred setting 😂😂😂😂
(And the laptop for remote 😂)

You will get it mate!

women.... final word.... :lol:

Stupid question: where do you find your liveries for the Roadster, please? :odd:

Comon' it's a very easy problem to fix!

1/ you find something like this on LeBonCoin for tens of euros

1708794685626.png

2/ Install it between the fridge and the owen

3/ Take a look at your wife smiling happily and go back to GT7

You're welcome!

Apologies it's a bit late, went away on a break for my Birthday and Anniversary :cheers: .

Got back last night, jumped on and managed to get this time and edit the guide for you, for those that still may need some help with it!

Happy birthday and anniversary Tidg! Many thanks for all the time trial guides you did. You certainly helped dragging me from a barely silver player to now with occassional top 100.

If you ever run out of video idea...please consider doing some driving techniques videos. Anything from finding the racing line to how to release the brakes during trail braking. I'm sure a lot of us here would love to know how a top player do all tjese so effortlessly!

Back