Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,370 comments
Do you want my opinion about RBR?
No? Ok, I'll share it anyway :dopey:
I had already 2 TTs there (Aston Martin and GT-R event) and this new one with that Lancer won't change my point of view... :yuck::irked:

After some laps, I'm +/-0.5 from gold: 1:48.648 with an optimal at 1:48.344.
But clearly, I have zero motivation to fight like I do with Road Runner on Grand Valley. A safe gold (under 1:48) would be more than enough for me.

1709201605489.png

1709201626826.jpeg

At least, I've selected a nice livery...

The results for TT66 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT67 at Grand Valley - South Reverse in the 1932 Ford Roadster.

View attachment 1332601 View attachment 1332602

440th is better than 644th 🤣🤣
what’s happening to you today ?? Too many numbers are confusing you !!! 🤣🤣🤣
My poor @half_sourly

just curious, which 5 ones you have ?
They will be these four 'standard' ones, along with the Movie promotion one.
4​
04-Aug-22​
Red Bull Ring​
Nissan Skyline SS​
23​
27-Apr-23​
Red Bull Ring​
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20​
68​
29-Feb-24​
Red Bull Ring​
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06​
33​
29-Jun-23​
Red Bull Ring​
Aston Martin Valkyrie '21​

Do you want my opinion about RBR?
No? Ok, I'll share it anyway :dopey:
I had already 2 TTs there (Aston Martin and GT-R event) and this new one with that Lancer won't change my point of view... :yuck::irked:

After some laps, I'm +/-0.5 from gold: 1:48.648 with an optimal at 1:48.344.
But clearly, I have zero motivation to fight like I do with Road Runner on Grand Valley. A safe gold (under 1:48) would be more than enough for me.

View attachment 1332606

View attachment 1332607

At least, I've selected a nice livery...
You will be there soon. When you figure out optimal breaking points and the braking-oversteer of this car you'll find a second in no time.

After some laps in the 1:48th i got a 1:47,429.

Already looks like the (possibly) 3rd gold in a row.

They will be these four 'standard' ones, along with the Movie promotion one.
4​
04-Aug-22​
Red Bull Ring​
Nissan Skyline SS​
23​
27-Apr-23​
Red Bull Ring​
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20​
68​
29-Feb-24​
Red Bull Ring​
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06​
33​
29-Jun-23​
Red Bull Ring​
Aston Martin Valkyrie '21​
OK so fifth one is one that just started this morning then. @Hasnain282 are you having some other or today's one is fifth ?

RBR ... I'm not mad, just disappointed. Seems like we've had more tracks/layouts unused than used.

Oh well, gives me a good reason to keep pushing at GV this week.
Apparently, some sponsors are more efficient (rich) than others....

You need a good reason to keep pushing at GV?
The fun.
Yes, the fun is an excellent reason ;)

Wasn't going to do the Mercedes, but a 1'55 sighter lap tricked me into it.

Hope a 1'53.458 (on pad!) is enough and @EbrahimX7 doesn't log a 1'50.1 in the next six hours :|
It was :D Gold #9 - so now I have as many golds as silvers and bronzes combined.

I think that's also gold in the last seven TTs I've attempted, and with the Roadster reputedly being not the most difficult...

Picked up 1 million from Mercedes TT

18df4bf903358-screenshotUrl.jpg

And moved on

18df4bf64f192-screenshotUrl.jpg

If Jeddah won't go crazy, maybe new gold...
It started well, in any case.
Well, not well as at Grand Valley.

BTW, my chair is broken,
20240229_130624.jpg

ordered a new one, but it won't come so soon as it says on website - 11.-13.3. expected delivery.
Who would wait that, I'll be boring to them, maybe that speeds up process... :D

Link in my signature if this image is too small
View attachment 1332600
Great to see was has not been used yet. Dreaming of the new Renault 4 at Brands Hatch Indy or the MX5 Touring Car at Suzuka East :) But I think that's too similar to what we got with the Roadster right now.

Was hoping for another car than the Evo for the new TT, at least some loose ground would have been interesting when going AWD.

Hmmm.....I don't know if I'm imagining things or not. The 190E in the garden feels more floaty compare to a stock 190E.

I got this feeling when I was just driving one in nurburgring for fun and it felt pretty planned compare to the online time trial. So I went to the track and did a regular time trial and did a few laps. The limit of the car seemed very similar but the suspension didn't feel as floaty compare to the online time trial. Back to the online time trial and the 190E there felt like I'm driving a bouncy castle instead.

Again I could be imagining things :dunce:
Have you considered that it may be a residual effect of your abduction?

The results for TT66 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT67 at Grand Valley - South Reverse in the 1932 Ford Roadster.

View attachment 1332601 View attachment 1332602

Very happy with my result at Dragon Trail Garden.

After a good start at Mont Panorama, I had accumulated a lot of frustation at the controls of the 911 RSR... unable to renew my optimal times.

What a joy last night’s session!

After 10 days of abstinence, the Merc finally agrees to dance with me.

She moved her hips languidly, made her !ss waltz, her front lip no longer feared the sausage of the last chicane, and her tires no longer meowed to respect the sleep of the neighbors :D

Thank you all for your examples that motivate me to progress :bowdown:

@Pesselles : now I have to take care of your case, you beat me by 3 thousandths at GV and this is totally inacceptable 😅

Last edited:
Improve my time in RBR at 1'46'710 with optimal time at 1'46'5xx.
View attachment 1332673

I'm really happy because I don't have my friends at the top of the rankings who have joined the dance yet 🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1332674
Seems like a pretty good start mate! nice!

I'll prob. try some laptop laps this evening feeling the combo, very curious!

Great job!

EVO: Yes!

RBR: What?! No... why?

Out of all the places to begin with the EVO, they choose the glorified square that is RBR? Pretty much anywhere else would have been a better fit. I was hoping for Yamigawa, Miyabi, Tokyo... or anywhere else with a flow and corners. Oh well, can't break the gold streak now.
Fun combo. Hate to admit I like RBR but with this car it's a hoot!
This gives me hope, but in GT7 RBR is given so much attention while so many other (far better) options go unused.

EVO: Yes!

RBR: What?! No... why?

Out of all the places to begin with the EVO, they choose the glorified square that is RBR? Pretty much anywhere else would have been a better fit. I was hoping for Yamigawa, Miyabi, Tokyo... or anywhere else with a flow and corners. Oh well, can't break the gold streak now.

This gives me hope, but in GT7 RBR is given so much attention while so many other (far better) options go unused.
Agreed but this car is fun. Point and shoot, but be accurate. It's fast. It shifts really fast for a road car and I love that. My personal car has a dual clutch trans and ALL cars should shift this way.

Back