Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,359 comments
GO BOCKE!!!
I'm sure you'll manage this incredible 1:18.5xx when you'll stop paying attention to the lap deltas (you can disable this in the settings).
Please tell me more about where to disable it? I always thought the only way to disable it was by turning the HUD completely off.

I thought i would have a session this morning, had to bring my parents to the airport so 03:45 went the alarm.....I was back at 05 :15 ......."beep".... 😂😂

Maby it was to early, god I had trouble to focus longer than a minute..... somany opportunities to Hammer a .3 or 4...... but it didn't work...

I was placed 101 when I started... did find something to get back into the top 100 but not satisfied......

I'll be back

1000017801.jpg

Please tell me more about where to disable it? I always thought the only way to disable it was by turning the HUD completely off.
This is how I solve the issue. Cardboard and sellotape. I don't want to see time or delta, but do want to know when a lap has been invalidated. So the first digit of time is visible and I see red when invalidated and can restart.

20240305_075510.jpg

This is how I solve the issue. Cardboard and sellotape. I don't want to see time or delta, but do want to know when a lap has been invalidated. So the first digit of time is visible and I see red when invalidated and can restart.

View attachment 1334210
:lol::lol:
Thats actually a great idea, however I think that would distract me even more.
Maybe I should try this. It will take some time to adjust to it but if it solves the issue then why not.

@Pesselles I really don't think there is a way of just disabling the deltas. Please please please prove me wrong.

Hopefully I haven't made you too much faster than you already are with your new found settings to play with 👽 😂 👍🏻
Haha, I am really grateful for your advice! Also this thread in general, so many great people and advices how to get faster!

I need to try your suggestion now on real TT example Mitsubishi one, and see what I can do, but I am also aware of few things, I already have 1-2 tenth in me so if I practice more I can hopefully get it on the setting I use. When you are around P100 getting your time down one tenth can take a lot of effort and attempts. I also know if I start playing with settings you recommend it will always be small learning curve to actually learn how it goes, and sometimes it first go backward and then forward. Anyhow I have learned something new and useful and BIG THANK YOU for sharing and teaching us others that force feedback setting DO actually impact steering on controller, at least I tested with motion steering.

I want to help others too get better and faster, so I started working on video that I hope to post soon "How to get faster in Gran Turismo by comparing lap replays in simple mobile phone video editor" it is pretty much video about how to edit videos to analyze laps into details. It is technique I have used many times and it did helped me get faster so maybe it helps someone else too. It might mostly target people in silver and bronze range to get gold or silver, regular aliens probably know stuff I show in video. Anyhow, video part is done I need to finish it by adding voice over and then I will publish it here.

Screenshot_20240305-085957.png

Last edited:
Maybe I should try this. It will take some time to adjust to it but if it solves the issue then why not.

@Pesselles I really don't think there is a way of just disabling the deltas. Please please please prove me wrong.
Worth a try. 'n Boer maak 'n plan.

well....I knew I could do better than my 1' 19.577 at GV.....

and last night I improved to 1' 19.278.....which puts me in 1833rd position.....😜🤪😎😎😂😂

well, I couldn't catch Pesselles who's going faster and faster, but I've still got 2 evenings for that....😂😂

in any case, here I am in 1800, which is much better than my best ranking: 2853 at Largo M with the Civic......

I hope to stay there if I don't improve by Wednesday evening, as last night I had a 63-place margin before moving up to 1900....

we'll take care of the RBR from Thursday......:gtpflag:

Attachments

• 325.jpg
    325.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 4
Morning friends! No laps for me since Friday and reading the comments it looks like the RBR combo is mega. I’m unexpectedly stuck at work for another 24 hours and unable to do anything except sit in a hotel and be miserable so I thought I’d sign in and read every new post in the thread to cheer me up.

And cheer me up it did! I actually even cracked a smile at breakfast as I go from post to post and see the little community @seadog777 has managed to inadvertently create. The thread seems to be more active than ever and full of funny, friendly and FAST people (getting too fast actually, as a plastic alien I am feeling very intimidated at how quick people are getting.. tone it down a bit fellas 🤣). I think an integral part of the growth has been the good natured competition @half_sourly has fostered with his huge commitment to a raft of interesting stats. But then it takes more than just the foundations to make a good community so just a thanks to everyone who posts even if it’s just to share their time; I really love this thread and look forward to reading up on people’s exploits each day.

I’d love to tag everyone and thank people individually but there’s just too many of y’all! But just know if you have posted a few times I’ll know your name and appreciate your contributions, even if you’re French! (@Pesselles 😘). Also shoutout to my friend @Gomario JSP whose constant enthusiasm and cheering of others is infectious, my only wish is that he never ever ever gets a wheel and pedals which would no doubt see him sailing to the top of all of our leaderboards 👀

Anyways. That’s enough rambling from me. I’m hoping I will be home tomorrow to take that silly little Ford for one final spin round Grand Valley. If I nail that final corner I know a quick time is there for the taking but I genuinely have no idea how to enter, apex or exit that turn. I just throw it in and hope for the best 🤣🤣

Toodles xx

Sorry but the UX of this game is very poor and it's complicated to find something easily. Plus, I'm not in my "play room" for now but I'll find for you :)

... But just know if you have posted a few times I’ll know your name and appreciate your contributions, even if you’re French! (@Pesselles 😘)...
Well you're Welsh, which is very different (I would say much better than.... ) and like for Irish and Scots, we are automatically friends :D

Morning friends! No laps for me since Friday and reading the comments it looks like the RBR combo is mega. I’m unexpectedly stuck at work for another 24 hours and unable to do anything except sit in a hotel and be miserable so I thought I’d sign in and read every new post in the thread to cheer me up.

And cheer me up it did! I actually even cracked a smile at breakfast as I go from post to post and see the little community @seadog777 has managed to inadvertently create. The thread seems to be more active than ever and full of funny, friendly and FAST people (getting too fast actually, as a plastic alien I am feeling very intimidated at how quick people are getting.. tone it down a bit fellas 🤣). I think an integral part of the growth has been the good natured competition @half_sourly has fostered with his huge commitment to a raft of interesting stats. But then it takes more than just the foundations to make a good community so just a thanks to everyone who posts even if it’s just to share their time; I really love this thread and look forward to reading up on people’s exploits each day.

I’d love to tag everyone and thank people individually but there’s just too many of y’all! But just know if you have posted a few times I’ll know your name and appreciate your contributions, even if you’re French! (@Pesselles 😘). Also shoutout to my friend @Gomario JSP whose constant enthusiasm and cheering of others is infectious, my only wish is that he never ever ever gets a wheel and pedals which would no doubt see him sailing to the top of all of our leaderboards 👀

Anyways. That’s enough rambling from me. I’m hoping I will be home tomorrow to take that silly little Ford for one final spin round Grand Valley. If I nail that final corner I know a quick time is there for the taking but I genuinely have no idea how to enter, apex or exit that turn. I just throw it in and hope for the best 🤣🤣

Toodles xx
There is no better way to cheer up from that miserable hotel room than to visit this magic community.
Indeed a full going thread at the moment, waking up with sometimes 20 or 30 posts.... it's insane, and even more insane that a lot of post are personal PB's, for example users like @Chris30 who struggled but just kept blasting and eventually reeled in the gold, @Jeje6410 who is suddenly became real competitive, @crome who is on it's way to you....., that's the tip of the iceberg...

And thanks for you kind words, and as a matter of fact, this is the time for me to thank you then ...
When i started to get serious on the time trials you were ( before your abduction ) the one that realy triggered me to get better times, you are out of reach now, but for me it all began with you and @half_sourly his magic numbers, and look where we ware now, blasting our way to the international top 100 sometimes... :lol:

Because i almost drive every morning it kind of has become part of my life next to my busy working and family life, never thought it would in the beginning.

Helping each other out, seeing people grow, A forum with very nice and kind people

Thanks mates!

Well you're Welsh, which is very different (I would say much better than.... ) and like for Irish and Scots, we are automatically friends :D
Diolch yn fawr, fy ffrind! I wish I could say I was Welsh, mon ami; I am actually Dutch by birth but sadly just about as English as they come :scared:

In fact, I don't even live in Wales anymore having just moved back across the border :lol: most of my family still live in Wales though, and we do love it there; if anybody hasn't been it's a bloody fantastic country! The roads are also incredible almost the entire length of the country, some of the best driving roads in the UK :D

Speaking of driving; whilst I was feeling sorry for myself this morning I do have to remind myself I am picking up my DREAM CAR in the real world on Thursday, so maybe I should just remind myself that life is good and I am a very very very lucky boy :dunce:

Last edited:
I wish I could say I was, mon ami! I am actually Dutch by birth but sadly just about as English as they come :scared:

In fact, I don't even live in Wales anymore having just moved back across the border :lol: most of my family still live in Wales though, and we do love it there; if anybody hasn't been it's a bloody fantastic country! The roads are also incredible almost the entire length of the country, some of the best driving roads in the UK :D

Speaking of driving; whilst I was feeling sorry for myself this morning I do have to remind myself I am picking up my DREAM CAR in the real world on Thursday, so maybe I should just remind myself that life is good and I am a very very very lucky boy :dunce:
This is the perfect example of "Nobody's perfect" :D

Wales in on our "road-trip list" since ages for so many reasons. As it's not too far from here, we'll definitly visit your lovely country.

Absolutly, life is fantastic :)

Cheers my friend :cheers: and enjoy your DREAM CAR :)

Diolch yn fawr, fy ffrind! I wish I could say I was Welsh, mon ami; I am actually Dutch by birth but sadly just about as English as they come :scared:

now you made us VERY curious...... tell us....tell us....tell us...... :lol: :lol:

While these days it's not exactly my 'dream' car, last fall I bought the first car I really wanted in the world that was attainable. A MK8 GTI. I wanna know what you got!

Edit;
Obviously I didn't want a 23 GTI... I wanted a 92 16 Valve but this will do.

Last edited:
There is no better way to cheer up from that miserable hotel room than to visit this magic community.
Indeed a full going thread at the moment, waking up with sometimes 20 or 30 posts.... it's insane, and even more insane that a lot of post are personal PB's, for example users like @Chris30 who struggled but just kept blasting and eventually reeled in the gold, @Jeje6410 who is suddenly became real competitive, @crome who is on it's way to you....., that's the tip of the iceberg...

And thanks for you kind words, and as a matter of fact, this is the time for me to thank you then ...
When i started to get serious on the time trials you were ( before your abduction ) the one that realy triggered me to get better times, you are out of reach now, but for me it all began with you and @half_sourly his magic numbers, and look where we ware now, blasting our way to the international top 100 sometimes... :lol:

Because i almost drive every morning it kind of has become part of my life next to my busy working and family life, never thought it would in the beginning.

Helping each other out, seeing people grow, A forum with very nice and kind people

Thanks mates!
It’s more my turn to thank you. It's thanks to people like you that we manage to surpass ourselves and be better at each TT. And as you say so well, it is also thanks to this community (where it feels like we are in the land of care bears because everyone helps each other) that we are progressing. And it’s nice to be able to chat and laugh with you. Would not change a thing

Back