Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,492 comments
Errgh....spent the morning session trying to remember how much I dislike Fuji. All those awkward corners in the 3rd sector are the worst. In the gold for now, 1:33.6s. I guess goal for the day is continue to complain about Fuji's 3rd sector until I can consistently do low 1:33s on my own. Then tomorrow, I can chase Tidg's ghost.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted in this thread.
Due to the water damage, I've had to do a lot of organizing lately and unfortunately haven't been able to play the last few weeks.
From April I have to move out for 3 months and will therefore not be able to play during this time either. This is super annoying, but I can't change it.
That's why I took some time today to enjoy one last session before I move out.
Fuji is not a track I particularly like, but the Toyota is definitely a legend.
I had a few problems at the start, I'm definitely rusty as I haven't played for the last few weeks and the car understeers really badly at times.
Nevertheless, I was able to burn a 1:31.985 into the Japanese asphalt after just under 400km.
With a bit more practice, I'm sure I can do a lot more, but unfortunately I don't have the time.
I hope you have a lot of fun over the next 3 months and I'm already looking forward to coming back again soon and making the track unsafe with you.

IMG_0868.jpeg

Hi lovely people :)

Thanks again to Mister "Caffeine" @half_sourly for these precious data.

This 1:01.115 is fantastic but I will always have the feeling of an unfinished competition with the lovely little Dino. I know I could have done better but I didn't.

1711629002975.png

Ending a TT in the first 2,000 players was impossible to imagine when I started to play GT7.
Thanks to all of you, it's now a reality, even if I still find it hard to believe it.

I dedicate this incredible result to all the members of the thread, without whom I would never have been able to improve my skills so much thanks to their advices, their kindness, and their motivation to go faster and further.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Sorry, I still don't accept marriage proposals.

I improved my Sardegna TT time to a 1'04.033 but really wanted an 03.9, just couldn't control my ne
First time I've managed to do a lap in one of these TTs that I'm actually happy with. There's maybe .050 left in it. S1 was borderline perfect and S2 was a personal best, however I've never managed to do the whole thing clean since it's just gambling simulator :lol:

View attachment 1340836
Truly a Persian Miracle of a lap!
I was the first driver to show that you can use the grass braking for the corner after S1. So this lap is 5% my WR🤣.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because 91,107 out of 184,421 times (49.4%) are in gold and getting 2m credits for a 35-second lap.
oh yes, it's for sure like this.
For me, I'm doing all the TTs, spent probably 20mins on this, but if I have to choose where to put additional 5mins I don't put them there, even though my gold is quite unsafe

This combo of GT-One and Fuji is soooo enjoyable. The car is very stable and predictable, at least it seems to fit my driving style... :) I quite enjoy Fuji despite the last sector being commonly hated.
Managed to get in high 32's, 32.5 is doable, just need to pull a clean lap together.
Thought I will be drooling over Daily race C the entire week, but with this TT... I can see myself clocking a lot of miles trying to get into 31's (wishful thinking) 😅

P.S.: Tsuchiya's overalls make you faster
IMG_8884.JPG

Sorry for the off topic, but just another day I read this joke here in a different section of the forum.

- a woman was pregant of twins. As the time arrived for her to give birth to them she got into a coma due to medical complications. Four months later she wakes up. First thing she asks, "where are my babies?" 🤔

The doctor says: "they are fine, your brother has taken good care of them. By the way, you gave birth to a boy and girl." The woman replies "oh no.... My brother is not the smartest person around.... Tell me doctor, how did he name them?"👀

The doctor answers "the girl was named Denise"
The woman thinks "ok, not so bad" 😃 and she says "what about the boy?"
The doctor then say "Denephew"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Jesus... seeing these times on the new TT 💀 Tried a couple of laps in this morning after my nightshift and only got to a 1:35.360 💀 Was pretty tired but still. Had huge probs controlling this one and mostly it was like this:
Right Here Spinning GIF by Roborace

Lots of work to do here 😂

Last edited:
Jesus... seeing these times on the new TT 💀 Tried a couple of laps in this morning after my nightshift and only got to a 1:35.360 💀 Was pretty tired but still. Had huge probs controlling this one and mostly it was like this:
Right Here Spinning GIF by Roborace

Lots of work to do here 😂
golly that's rough. I put a few laps in this morning and got a 1:37.xxx! :lol: I'm going to see how close to gold I can get without the TC on...

If it's a choice between Fuji and LeMans, I'll take Fuji thanks. Really not a fan of long-lap time trials.

Last edited:
Morning everybody

Afternoon

What day is it

New time trial dayyyyy! Well, this feels almost identical to the last trial here at Fuji…. So it’s gonna be a popular one 💀 o can’t tell what’s worse, PD with imagination or PD with no imagination…

Did 30 minutes with the new whip, yeah it’s ok… it’s a little boosty boi so getting on the power early in 2nd gear and timing the boost with smooth steering, as soon as it gets loose it’s gone. Not my fave but also the ridiculously slidey Dino was not my cup of tea either. Give me the try oval any day 😉😉

IMG_6051.jpeg

Sub 1:32 is the goal but I doubt top 100 will be possible with the racing car aliens most likely out in force on this one

Good luck everybody, replay of some description saved under tags #gtp and #dantes 😘😘😘

Back