Time Trial questions (from someone who has played the game)

United Kingdom
London
David Holliss
Got a few questions, can hopefully get some answers please, I've been playing the XBox One version if it makes any difference.

- Are the online leaderboard times only set in time trial?
- Are leaderboard times cross platform or single platform only?
- Why doesn't the HUD session time box ever stay on screen?
- Assume you can't alter the car settings at all?
- Can't the time of day/weather be altered? constantly driving in to a low sun for the last hour (UK time if it makes a difference) is annoying.

Sure there are a couple of more things, any answers/solutions appreciated.

Yes
Single
Not sure, I never had this issue
You can set up your car in the garage before starting TT for the specific track.
Time of day is fixed to maintain a level of consistency between players and minimize disparity in results

Hope this helps

Thanks, that's mostly what I thought, didn't realise about being able to set up your car in the garage before starting TT, will check that out.

So the session time HUD box stays on screen for you? it goes as soon as I come out of the display options, even tried moving it to another position etc.

Last question, is it only KMH in TT, have the game set to metric but is always KMH in TT it seems.

Thanks,

Yes seems there is no way to know what assists they used and if they used a custom set up yet.

Sorted the Session HUD box, didn't realise it had to be switched on in the main display options. The Devs really could have put a line of text next to most of the options (especially the display options) to explain them in the slightest.

Sorted KPH/MPH too, for some reason it had gone back to KMH after an hours play.

Do anybody experience setting a top 10 time but when you exit the session and look its not saved on the leadernoard ?

If it was a clean lap it has always posted, It is possible to post it and then have trouble finding it. Need to select the track and car to get the leaderboard for that car and track other wise you may not see it.

As for top 10, in most cases there are less than 10 times on the boards for the cars I have been driving so all my posted times where in the top 10 many were #1 when posted

Yes seems there is no way to know what assists they used and if they used a custom set up yet.

Sorted the Session HUD box, didn't realise it had to be switched on in the main display options. The Devs really could have put a line of text next to most of the options (especially the display options) to explain them in the slightest.

Sorted KPH/MPH too, for some reason it had gone back to KMH after an hours play.
Don't know about assists, but in the Time Trial section, although tuning is not allowed while in the TT, it's actually using whatever tune you have on your car for that track. I've putz'd around tuning in free run, then went to a TT and it's using the same tune I had saved for that track while in free run.

Also remember that leaderboards are only active for TT's, not free run. There is a bit of a bug, that when you exit the track and you go back to the leaderboard, your time won't show until you go into either the car or track selection and select the same car and/or track you were using, even it it's already showing on the screen. Later on when you go back to look at the leaderboard, there is a button at the bottom, the round one, and that's the hot button that shows your ranking.

If it was a clean lap it has always posted, It is possible to post it and then have trouble finding it. Need to select the track and car to get the leaderboard for that car and track other wise you may not see it.

As for top 10, in most cases there are less than 10 times on the boards for the cars I have been driving so all my posted times where in the top 10 many were #1 when posted

Alright. But if i set 1 time in one car and another in some other car it only saves the one right ? I mean two cars in the sane class. I feel like developers was poor there. We should be able to see all of our times with each single car. If not on the leaderboard then just for ourselves

Alright. But if i set 1 time in one car and another in some other car it only saves the one right ? I mean two cars in the sane class. I feel like developers was poor there. We should be able to see all of our times with each single car. If not on the leaderboard then just for ourselves

As far as I can tell it saves your best time for every car.

Also when you go into time trial it shows your best time as well as your sector times and will show you a potential lap time based on what it would be if you did your best on every sector on the same lap.

Yes it would be nice to see them all at once but at present there does not seem to be a way to do that.

I wonder if this data is exposed so that someone could write an app and collect this data to display in other ways?

where can you see your time for each car ? Im only able to see the best time per class. Gt for example yet i have made two times in gt class with different cars both in the top 20 but i only got 1 time on the leaderboard so dont know where i can find the other time

Go to leaderboards
Select the track
Select the car
You should see your time posted and where it ranks

Note: At this point I am not 100% sure that it shows all of them but I think it does as when I select a car track combo I only see times for that specific car and track never do I see times posted in other cars of the same class.

Now of course I am talking PC version, it may be different on consoles.

Another question is how I can save a ghost car of my time?
On a pc ghosts are saved automatically in TT mode, as are all ghosts, so you can use any ghost from any player. To use ghosts, go into TT mode, select your car and track then at the bottom it says "add". Click on one of them and then the TT list of times shows up. Just click on the one you want to use. On pc you can add up to three ghosts which is a neat feature. If you want to use your own old ghost, look on the bottom right and you should see a little solid circle within a circle. Click that and your own time will come up and you can load your ghost from there. Again this is pc, hopefully the same on PS4

I make 10 laps at community Mode with Renault and non of laps record as my time. What happened?

I have the same problem... until now, i cant register any time.
I'm not fast one, but no time was post and no ghost as well.

and where is the best place to run: driver network or time trial?? (i try in driver network).

thanks.

Back