Time Trial - time of day wtf?

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
mrvajj
Hi guys,

Just a simple question (and yes I did search first!). Is there any way to change the time of day in time-trial mode? On mine it seems as though its either early in the morning or late afternoon because of the angle of the sun and the relatively dark surrounds. Sure it may look nice but it makes it very difficult to see the racing line and spot corners and so forth sometimes. Can it be changed? Its holding back my learning of the tracks I think.

Cheers,

Peter

No you can't, you'll just have to deal with it. I recommend for learning tracks you use the practice sessions in grand prix weekend (as it will be sunshine rather than that low sun), then when you know braking points you can take on time trials/testing trials.

No you can't, you'll just have to deal with it. I recommend for learning tracks you use the practice sessions in grand prix weekend (as it will be sunshine rather than that low sun), then when you know braking points you can take on time trials/testing trials.

Thanks for the quick response - I don't have problems at some tracks, Bahrain and Magny Cours for example, but some its horrible, particularly Monaco and Melbourne, as most of the braking points are in shady spots.

Yea i remember Monaco TT was terrible for glare, really made the job difficult. I dont understand why they did this.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the degree of glare is variable and random. That is, its sometimes not as bad as it could be. If you're seeing too much glare, try exiting and then trying again. Maybe somebody else can confirm that I'm not imagining this?:)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the degree of glare is variable and random. That is, its sometimes not as bad as it could be. If you're seeing too much glare, try exiting and then trying again. Maybe somebody else can confirm that I'm not imagining this?:)
Yup. During all my restarted testruns in career mode I did notice that it was sometimes more managable and the shadows not quite as dark.

It does look gorgeous though and it seems a lot of testruns in real life is conducted really early with compromised lighting.

Back