time trial times needed for 400-550PP Xmas challenge

• Thread starter HamOnRye
  • 6 comments
England
Rivera of the North
Hamonrye333
The new All Racers club has mostly drivers new to GT6. So really a mix of times from drivers with differing experience. It would be great if there could be some times posted using cars from out of the left field. Clearly there's loads of super fast drivers with well fettled tuned cars on this forum capable of blistering laps but posting a competitive time with a car that has no business being anywhere near top ten (either PP or size/age whatever-you get the idea) is what's required. It will be a real motivator for us rookies (rather than being blasted into the reeds by a perfect car driven by a uber fast driver that posts a time out of reach for us still slogging through game but looking to keep things fresh).
I know it's a lot to ask but this forum has always proved to be full of good guys/galls who've provided invaluable experience. It appears somebody posting those first times are the toughest ask when you're lacking experience. What do you think? An xmas challenge? Most left field choice?

Anyway here's a few in case you can spare ten mins over next 7 days (I'll b shortening TT's to 5laps in morning and changing 400pp course)..
500pp Race/Rally/open car at Silverstone National and two on user created tracks that went best on a Friday night at my house (of course the refreshments and laughter may have skewed things :cheers:) but there's only one way to find out This One was new fastest lap or epic failing but mostly epic fail.:boggled: I shudder to think how how much faster someone could go in right set up an on PP limit.. Or this just showed the importance of a good track!
Anyway see how you fare with something a little different...still better than me I expect :rolleyes: :D Merry Xmas :gtpflag: :cheers:

It would be a pleasure! I tweaked the times this morning so probably messed up the link. D'oh! A 550PPaffair with any European non race/rally car allowed at Silverstone National. A 400pp French cars only affair and a 500pp any UK car, race, rally or anything else allowed.
As you can see the Euro car is a case of self policing but I'm a firm believer that that the overwhelming majority aren't interested in cheating. I think I said 'you could top chart with a Nissan but really why would you bother?' Though, being brutally honest, after saying all racers+all comers were the object for The new All Round Drivers club and being confronted with those event restriction options for first time I thought not patronising and being as open as possible was way to go...I'll see if these links work; This is the UK 500PP cars only event (hopefully) The French 400PP car at London City centre https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1056131/event/1059780/
Then the one that proved a blast on that messy Friday/Saturday night on a user created course, Forest Speedway I think, https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1056131/event/1059683/

As you can see I've put the messy looking links just to play safe after what happened earlier. If you get chance to have a look that'd be great, I realise how busy everybody is at this time...

@HamOnRye, Are these Time Trials in a club? If they are, just provide the club number The links you provided for the events are asking for one to log in to gran-turismo.com. Something I am not willing to do on my PC.

@HamOnRye, Are these Time Trials in a club? If they are, just provide the club number The links you provided for the events are asking for one to log in to gran-turismo.com. Something I am not willing to do on my PC.
No problem. I'm very similar re pc but I've had to log in using I pad. The links are my fault My mistake as I'm new to forum. The clubs name if you're on PS3 is The new All Round Drivers club I think that's best way to find it on PS3 via community but I'm going to spend next half hour following links to see if the all have the log in gateway.
However your ideas are still very much wanted. Being new to GT6 (70% through but very new to online racing etc) I'm realising certain cars are very, very popular/fast and some thought is needed re car choice, tracks and PP. I do like the user created tracks for some events as they are a leveller of sort (it was wanting to access them that forced me to sign in with I pad but I must admit I've had no issues and it signs me out at the drop of a hat or I should say if device goes to sleep cos I've ignored it!) However user created tracks are just a part of it and normal tracks etc will be the bedrock...but that's all up in the air and the reason I'd appreciate any input and ideas you can come up with. Anything that encourages anyone and everyone to give it a go
Like I say I'll check the links, if u can try going through PS3/GT6 to find club great but no probe if not as I'll see what I can do re links...And you don't need to be a club member to have great ideas!
Hamonrye444

The point I was trying to make is if these Time Trial events are to be run through the club, then only the PS3 is needed to do that. The only reason I know of for one to log into gran-turismo.com is to download a custom track from someone they are not friends with. Maybe there are other reasons too, but I don't know what they are.

After a few failed text searches (mistyped "All Round Drivers" as "All Around Driver's"), I found your club. For anyone else looking for it, the Club ID # is 1056131. The time trials look like fun. I tried to join but learned there is a maximum of eight clubs one can join. I'll have to see which ones I don't use and get rid of a few before joining.

The point I was trying to make is if these Time Trial events are to be run through the club, then only the PS3 is needed to do that. The only reason I know of for one to log into gran-turismo.com is to download a custom track from someone they are not friends with. Maybe there are other reasons too, but I don't know what they are.

After a few failed text searches (mistyped "All Round Drivers" as "All Around Driver's"), I found your club. For anyone else looking for it, the Club ID # is 1056131. The time trials look like fun. I tried to join but learned there is a maximum of eight clubs one can join. I'll have to see which ones I don't use and get rid of a few before joining.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. I'm going to put the ID to good use and also change signature tomorrow. It'd be great to see you post a time or two. I must apologise for bad links as they are a pet peeve of mine.
As ludicrous as it seems I think I've even called it all comers racing club as a Freudian Style slip as I just want something for everyone. I've also been informed of links to tracks not working despite making the changes to URL (adding friends/player id). I checked down a thread or two and have noticed an ongoing theme of I pads not playing ball with links and being v temperamental about uploading tracks (I've adapted my way of doing it to avoid being constantly told to sign in). So I'll go to laptop. I'm only avoiding it as it has slowed of late and is on its last legs. Apologies again and, as I'm having a day of making time for PS3/GT6, I'll re edit all the links, club or track, I can find. I'm also determined to do 'French Frolics 400 PP' and the Euro 550PP one on which Alxohol has put a Scuderia to good use!

Back