Time Trials

• Thread starter robisme
  • 14 comments
England
West Yorkshire,
stibbz
xStibz
Hi, After seeing the best times with a Daihatsu OFC-1 '07 in the 1:16s, I thought "Am I missing a trick here", tried the time trail myself around Daytona, thought what the hell am I doing wrong, only getting into the 1:21s, I don't know yet lol, it's got to be something in the tuning probably, I has been always the case in all previous editions of GT over the years.

I know I'm not that quick these days, but not 5 seconds in a lap round an Oval lol.
So what have I missed, if anything ? (other than speed ) :banghead: lol

Hi, After seeing the best times with a Daihatsu OFC-1 '07 in the 1:16s, I thought "Am I missing a trick here", tried the time trail myself around Daytona, thought what the hell am I doing wrong, only getting into the 1:21s, I don't know yet lol, it's got to be something in the tuning probably, I has been always the case in all previous editions of GT over the years.

I know I'm not that quick these days, but not 5 seconds in a lap round an Oval lol.
So what have I missed, if anything ? (other than speed ) :banghead: lol

Hm, robisme. Now that's a name I seem to remember from the past. Racing-line by any chance?

Can't help you with your question, I'm slower than you are ;)

Hm, robisme. Now that's a name I seem to remember from the past. Racing-line by any chance?

Can't help you with your question, I'm slower than you are ;)
Hi mate, you got it in one 👍, Your name too rings a bell that has not been rung for many a year, the memory is fading with age (54), can't place the name Sphinx, but it is telling me it's something I should remember lol

Ahh the old days, difficult to find many around from the early yrs of GT, though I found a few on a Aussie website of Tosk :)
Hope you are well mate 👍

spyrrari, the thing is in Arcade TT mode it won't go faster then 109mph, do that for a full lap and your miles off. Do tunes effect the car in Arcade TT is what I want to know ? . yes I know it takes practice, been practising since GT1 lol, thats the confusing part, where are they finding the speed ?

Last edited:
I don't think you can use tunes for time trial, but try using manual gears and not shifting up to top gear. Some cars are faster if you hang on to fourth

Hi mate, you got it in one 👍, Your name too rings a bell that has not been rung for many a year, the memory is fading with age (54), can't place the name Sphinx, but it is telling me it's something I should remember lol

Ahh the old days, difficult to find many around from the early yrs of GT, though I found a few on a Aussie website of Tosk :)
Hope you are well mate 👍

spyrrari, the thing is in Arcade TT mode it won't go faster then 109mph, do that for a full lap and your miles off. Do tunes effect the car in Arcade TT is what I want to know ? . yes I know it takes practice, been practising since GT1 lol, thats the confusing part, where are they finding the speed ?

Ah,i thought you were talking about the online tt's...my bad.

I think using manual gears(as said above0could be a solution,also steering as little as possible will make a huge difference in this car/track combo(understeer kills speed!!)...

Will try this tomorrow to see if i can help you any further...👍

spy.

Hope you are well mate 👍

I used to go by the name of AngloSaxon way back in the early days of Racing-Line and GT1, that'll be way back in 98/99. :crazy:

I'll have a go at your combo when I get back home later today. 👍

@robisme...

Ok so i had a look at this particular TT and did 5 laps(then i fell asleep)and made it to 50th place on the rankings...

I downloaded the leaders replay and the trick is as i allready wrote...

stay in 6th gear
stay next to the yellow line at all times
steer as little as possible...

do 150 laps and you will get a good time...:sly:

spy.

stay in 6th gear

do 150 laps and you will get a good time...:sly:

spy.

killbill2.jpg

@robisme...

stay in 6th gear
spy.
I guess not steering much with a Pad will prove difficult on any course ;)

thanks for your advice, appreciated 👍

Rob? jeeeezs! it's been years the last time I saw you posting. :eek:

Do you have your chainsaw ready for GT5? :D

I'm glad to read you again mate. :cheers:

Rob? jeeeezs! it's been years the last time I saw you posting. :eek:

Do you have your chainsaw ready for GT5? :D

I'm glad to read you again mate. :cheers:

Hi Ramon, the chainsaw is a bit old and knackered like me these days lol
just been waiting for GT5 and passing time with FM2

Anyone have any good advice for the B and A class time trials? I have Gold in everything else, even s-7 and s-10, but can't do better than silver in those two events.

Back