Timed Races (Such as 24 Hours of Le Mans)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADR_XCLUTCH
  • 6 comments
  • 1,565 views
Messages
71
Messages
ADR_XCLUTCH
I've always wondered why the A-Spec and B-Spec of Gran Turismo 5 have races that don't have a set amount of time but an actual time limit like the 24Hours of Le Mans. I've always wanted to be able to set races online under a time limit.

For Example: A Circuit de la Sarthe race for 4 hours.

I think it would be a great feature if Polyphony Digital made an update that gave us the option to make online races with a time limit as opposed to setting an amount of laps. I really want this feature because (call me crazy) I always wanted to do a real 24 Hours of Le Mans online but setting an amount of laps would defeat the purpose and it's hard to know how many laps is equivalent to the time you want if you add in pits, crashes, ect. I mean this feature is in A-Spec and B-Spec but not online. Has anyone ever thought of this or was it just me?
 
That is a great idea actually:)

This will also help those who want to use different tracks, yet keep the race time the same on all of them. They wont have to do any calculations for laptimes;)

Although in your case, Sony/PD will also have to fix the online connection as well. I'd hate to be on the 20th hour of the race, when suddenly

You have been disconnected from the server

:ouch:
 
Really... 24hr Tsukuba lobbies? :crazy:

No seriously... It's a good idea..
But I think we could use more (non-GT5) tracks added first, before starting to think of changing around the options in the online lobbies...

A whole new set of endurance races would be nice.. With limitations... (*cough*NO X2010!!!*cough*)

But as always... People want the in-game race saves first...
 
You can also have 1 hour races, or 24 minute races. it can range from 1 hour to 24 hours. I think that'll be a good idea. I mean they've changed the online options alot with pretty simple updates, and since this feature is already in A-Spec and B-Spec events, it shouldn't be too hard to move it to online. Its a simple idea with alot of benefits.

And yes, I know that it would be quite difficult to hold a 24 hour endurance race because of server disconnections, but with a good enough connection, and the sever maintainance that Polyphony Digital should've done during the time of the PSN outage (which has lasted more than 20 days now) I think the servers should be less prone to disconnect people.
 
I'd rather bigger online grids (36 cars?) rather than timed races but I'd like both, one after the other that is.
 
Great idea indeed, but also we should be able to set the amount of credits we can win ;)
 
@MitchZ06

We arent going to be able to fit 36 cars on a track because the PS3 just isn't powerful enough to handle 36 cars at the sametime retaining the graphics. We'll most likely see this in GT6 on the PS4. We will not see any improvement in the amount of car you can fit on a track in GT5. Thats a guarantee.
 
Back