Tiny visual improvements you think would make GTS a better game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strangereal
  • 24 comments
  • 1,269 views
Messages
46
United States
United States
Messages
killstreakr
I'm not talking dynamic weather or more realistic crash models. But like L.E.D. markers on all gr1,2,3, & 4 cars. Or thicker tire smoke. Maybe being able to get rid of player name tags in sport mode. Etc... let's make gran turismo great again. Got any ideas for PD?
 
VBR
Yeah, my main idea is that they start listening to & implementing our ideas!


:sly:
Tell me about it. I keep saying this and I will say I again and again. Please PD. Bloody talk to us
 
Please PD. Bloody talk to us

PD Customer Relations.jpg


:lol:
 
- better shadows
- higher lod models (even if only with 1 car on the track)
- AF(like come on 2017 and still low af :()
- higher fps reflections
- higher quality reflections
- different light from headlights instead of one now wich is the same for 80% cars

i know they need to cutout some of the things i mentioned above for 60fps, but some of them are really not that hard to do. Like AF and lod models in free play with only 1 player car they should be able to do it without getting under 60fps. The refecltions and shadows are also really low quality like the lowest i have seen this gen. Im on pro and i would love a 1080p mode with better visuals with the things i mentioned (not only just motion blur like it is now).
 
- better shadows
- higher lod models (even if only with 1 car on the track)
- AF(like come on 2017 and still low af :()
- higher fps reflections
- higher quality reflections
- different light from headlights instead of one now wich is the same for 80% cars

i know they need to cutout some of the things i mentioned above for 60fps, but some of them are really not that hard to do. Like AF and lod models in free play with only 1 player car they should be able to do it without getting under 60fps. The refecltions and shadows are also really low quality like the lowest i have seen this gen. Im on pro and i would love a 1080p mode with better visuals with the things i mentioned (not only just motion blur like it is now).
To be fair none of those you mentions are small visual improvements. There's a reason why some of visual effects are low quality because of perfomance. Something like customizable hud and being able to turn off and on some of the visual information during gameplay is I think of that would enhance the experience.
 
Well it may not be small but it's not a HUGELY noticeable feature. Programming and detailing the game probably takes tons and tons of work and time but it is not something that will change the look of the entire game. It's just something just barely noticeable enough to satisfy the eyes and overall experience of gts
 
To be fair none of those you mentions are small visual improvements. There's a reason why some of visual effects are low quality because of perfomance. Something like customizable hud and being able to turn off and on some of the visual information during gameplay is I think of that would enhance the experience.
Yes i know but thats why i said with 1 car on the track when its less demanding. Forza does this on the regular Xbox one with 1 car on the track so GTS can do it on the pro too. Just better visuals with one car on the track is fine for me because i do lots of time trials.
 
Better lighting in cockpit view. In many daytime settings, it’s far to bright, everything looks white.

Also in cockpit view, many road cars have gauges that are unreadable during the day time. The shadows are way to strong, and be gauges are completely blacked out.

Field of view in many cockpits needs to be adjusted so that the mirrors are actually useable.
 
More motion blur and a better feeling of speed. Sometimes the feeling of speed we have now in GT Sport feels so stale. Unlike in Forza when you go over 250mph the camera starts shaking violently and all.
 
The racing # on the sides and hood/bonnet have ruined countless liveries!

...they need to add and special decal, or marker, or template, or whatever to livery editor where a person who is creating liveries can decide where racing number with background will be so when game, for some stupid reason in sport mode needs to put Gran Turismo background with number, it uses location that is defined by livery creator.

It is few hours tops of work for this to be implemented, but PD doesn't care at all... all they gave is ultimate livery editor that you can't even put decals on all parts of the cars, nor you can change separate tire colors (decal on wheels, what is that), not to mention windshield and other glass on car, where usually racing cars have some decals etc. and special colors, why would decals need special colors, all decals are same material and use stupid color palette that cannot be special, no, no, no... that is a no, no... WTF
 
More motion blur and a better feeling of speed. Sometimes the feeling of speed we have now in GT Sport feels so stale. Unlike in Forza when you go over 250mph the camera starts shaking violently and all.
We need more camera options! The camera views are so poor. Even if GT is my favorite racing game, Forza does everything better when it comes to camera views. No 360° camera, no real bonnet view, no shaking. They should add a shaking and a G sensitive camera.
 
TBH with you, I'd rather drop this 60fps to 30fps with some light blur and add so many other graphical options... it would be much less taxing for console and we'd get better game with more features. It would also have much more chance for weather effects and day/night cycle.

PS4 isn't simply strong enough for all we want :)
 
I’d like more visual effects to create a better atmosphere. Heat haze, mist, more dust/gravel kicked up when offline.

The Nordschleife looks very good with mist and the Red Bull Ring is a visual step forward too. Adding tyre marbles is another step in the right direction.
 
Less HUD clutter. I get it that all these things are just as important as the other, but there are better ways to implement them on the HUD. I'm not a fan of the new player tags as well. Like the HUD it takes too much clutter on the screen. I mean, okay I know they're japanese and that their door number is 14, but really what do I need to know that for :lol: at least the penalty time now shows
Heat haze
I wonder where PD can implement these though. Willow Springs maybe? I just hope they don't go overkill with this one if they do implement it
More motion blur and a better feeling of speed. Sometimes the feeling of speed we have now in GT Sport feels so stale. Unlike in Forza when you go over 250mph the camera starts shaking violently and all.
That's the last thing I would want to be honest. It would seriously mess up my senses and ability to judge braking points
 
Cars getting dirty after lots of laps. And higher quality tyre smoke.
I haven't raced in an online lobby for months until last week and I noticed it then (at least in the end race screen). Don't recall seeing it on the car during a race (but then again, I use cockpit view and I'm not looking for dirt on other cars while racing). I definitely don't recall seeing it a few months ago in lobby races (although I could very well have been).
 
TBH with you, I'd rather drop this 60fps to 30fps with some light blur and add so many other graphical options... it would be much less taxing for console and we'd get better game with more features. It would also have much more chance for weather effects and day/night cycle.

PS4 isn't simply strong enough for all we want :)
Or maybe put all of this into Quality mode for those with PS4 Pro and leave FPS mode as it is.
 
Back