• 4 comments

xR3

Scotland
Scotland
xR3acTiiioNzZ-X
If you have an idea of how you want a livery piece to look, why dont you:
1) draw a design down on some cling film or anything else see through

2) line it up on your tv screen with the car

3) put every decal in the right places to fill your drawing and then Voila! You should be done and pleased with the result

👍

This is probably the most obvious thing in the world to do but i thought i'd share my tip :)

EDIT: Sorry for the spelling mistake on the header :(

xR3
If you have an idea of how you want a livery piece to look, why dont you:
1) draw a design down on some cling film or anything else see through

2) line it up on your tv screen with the car

3) put every decal in the right places to fill your drawing and then Voila! You should be done and pleased with the result

👍

This is probably the most obvious thing in the world to do but i thought i'd share my tip :)

EDIT: Sorry for the spelling mistake on the header :(

You ever tried drawing on cling film mate?
This is a joke yeah?

xR3
There's a thing called a felt pen :) should use them sometime 👍

Lol. Well if it works well done. Just remember to apply film to screen before drawing on it. Lol.

If you have a capture card, you can do something else as well. In my case, I use an Avermedia LGP, and ReCentral to basically put everything onto my monitor.

If you google "Image overlay utility", you can find a program which will allow you to overlay an image of your choice onto the screen, over your other windows, and by extension, your capture card window. The program also lets you adjust the transparency of the overlain image, so you an get a better idea as to where you need to put certain layers.

I've used it to fantastic effect to make quite large vinyl groups, such as this:
FNzLvKcl.png

Back