Tips before I join IRacing

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 11 comments
Canada
Toronto
BlackIce49
Ok so I just want to be guided in the right direction. I basically want to do Oval Nascar races and Road Course races, mainly with the V8 Supercar. I guess I would be interested in Open Wheel as well but more so Oval then anything. How should I go about getting to the Sprint cup Nascar series? I'm still unsure about whether or not my computer can run this so I'll be getting the 3 month special to try it out. I would love to get the daytona and tella nascar special but seems too much for the time being. WOuld it be cheaper for me to try out this first then make a new account to take advantage of that special?

See below lol

The nascar sprint cup is Class A league so youll need to go though rookie, D,C,B classes which could take a while depending on how much time you have..

The quick route is if you find a league that host private races. Then you dont need to worry about class. All youll need is the car and track and you can race with the separate league not affiliated with iRacing's official series.

Last edited:
make a new account! i did a 5 dollar deal, to trial for a month, then bought a year long one. you dont need to worry about credit card names or anything like above, you just need to use a different email address

Theres that deal for $9 for 3 months. It's only 4 dollars more but you save $21. I'm currently in college so that will take up much of my time so I don't know if I can race as much as I'd like to in 1 month. Should I still go for the 1 month?

Theres that deal for $9 for 3 months. It's only 4 dollars more but you save $21. I'm currently in college so that will take up much of my time so I don't know if I can race as much as I'd like to in 1 month. Should I still go for the 1 month?

depends remember you have to completely restart if you choose to make another user name.

Ok, one question though. What do they mean about their authentic 24/7 service? Do they have someone who acts are your crew chief who tells you when you got someone on the inside/outside or if there is a wreck up ahead? Because that you be cool!

What they mean by 24/7 is probably the racing. There are official hosted races 24 hours a day. You don't have a crew chief per say but you do have a spotter that tells you where other cars are at and when you are getting low on fuel and when there are crashes ahead. On my phone right now I can explain more later when I get to a pc.

lol same deal...IRacing will surprise you....1 hour on iRacing on a saturday morning takes all the pain of a weeks work away haha.

BlackIce,

doesn't seem the other posters pointed this out by V8's is quite popular in Australia hence your going to race via Australian peak times. All other races in other sessions are unofficial and therefore you wont get much people racing.

I believe the V8 races are held only on Sunday and Monday nights at around 8:45 or 8:30 (whenever the official time starts).

If this doesn't suit your time, then you cannot race V8's unless you want to race against yourself or perhaps against 1 - 2 other people.

As for Nascar, That is like Class A or Class B. In other words, you won't be racing that when you start, and to be honest given how difficult safety is in oval racing, you probably wont get to nascar for months. You'll have to work your way up via sprint cars etc.

BlackIce,

doesn't seem the other posters pointed this out by V8's is quite popular in Australia hence your going to race via Australian peak times. All other races in other sessions are unofficial and therefore you wont get much people racing.

I believe the V8 races are held only on Sunday and Monday nights at around 8:45 or 8:30 (whenever the official time starts).

If this doesn't suit your time, then you cannot race V8's unless you want to race against yourself or perhaps against 1 - 2 other people.
Not entirely correct. Although the Aussie time slots do have much higher participation with multiple splits there are a good amount of US and Canada folks that participate in the V8 series. The last two weeks I've been in official races on Thursday nights at 9:45 EST and this past week we actually had two splits with 29 people total running that time slot.

Once you become an iRacing member be sure to check out the car specific forums for whichever cars you want to run. There is a V8 Supercars Americas thread that the guys on this side of the globe post in to make sure that we all try to run the same time slot to insure high participation and official races.

Here is the V8 Supercars Americas Thread

Not entirely correct. Although the Aussie time slots do have much higher participation with multiple splits there are a good amount of US and Canada folks that participate in the V8 series. The last two weeks I've been in official races on Thursday nights at 9:45 EST and this past week we actually had two splits with 29 people total running that time slot.

Once you become an iRacing member be sure to check out the car specific forums for whichever cars you want to run. There is a V8 Supercars Americas thread that the guys on this side of the globe post in to make sure that we all try to run the same time slot to insure high participation and official races.

Here is the V8 Supercars Americas Thread

Yeah it's great to see that starting to take off a bit. I know a lot of guys are really hanging out for the NTM. When that happens I think the car will be a lot more popular, but from what i've heard it will probably still be one of the hardest cars to drive in the sim even on the NTM so that may turn people away. But I know a lot of PRO/DWC drivers are interested once that happens so that may create better racing in the Euro/US time zones.

It is really, really hard to get to the sprint cup series. Iracing punishes you for causing wrecks and running off the track and rewards you for racing clean races. The road racing isn't that hard to level up in, because people actually seem to be much better at controlling their cars, so you don't get in near as many wrecks. Oval racing on the other hand has many daredevils that believe they need to make every single pass they can the entire time on the track. I raced road last year and switched to oval this year. I haven't gained a safety point yet in the races I've been in so far in oval. I'm still at 2.50 and I think that's where the safety rating starts at.

To level up in oval, you would either have to TQ everytime and run away from the field, or be very, very conservative, and stay away from everyone, until you get out of rookie class. It made me take a break from Iracing because I got so frustrated with people crashing on the pace lap, and in the first turn of almost every race. I'll get back into it soon, but for now I'm going to stick to my RC cars and just race them. Maybe when the wife gets done with her school I'll have more time for Iracing.

Back