Tips for 430 PP FF Challenge?

• Thread starter DarkWheel
  • 20 comments
United States
Minnesota
Mongbopn
Mongbopn
For the 430 PP FF Seasonal Event, I'm using a Mini Cooper S '05. I've been struggling with the second to last course: Special Stage Clubman Route. Could any of you guys offer some tips for my success? Any help would be appreciated. ;)

Dump the mini cooper and try an honda integra type r, civic type r, or the mugen mogul civic race car 87'. I think I got this track with a integra type r, I will have to try it again.

I also won with the mugen mogul. I played with the mini, but it just didn't stack up.

I remember doing it in all sorts of cars, Volvo C30, Mazda 323F/Lantis, VW Lupo GTI etc. If you're struggling, the AI field is more of a factor, repeatedly quit and enter the event until an Integra or Civic is not on pole, that makes it easier.

Just tried with cooper 05. Did upgrade to 426pp. Got the lead at beginning of lap 5 but I think the rabbit is the slower focus st. Need a 1:03-4 per lap to win. Srf on. Will try with srf off later. Fixed sports suspension. Max speed 200. Bb 5:5

Tried srf off. Got the lead by lap 5 early mid. Megane in front. Even slower. 1:04-5 per lap. In short, quite doable. Left foot braking for early power and to keep rpm high. Good luck.

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head, the Mugen Motul Civic Si '89 Race car is an excellently ballanced FF car, you could use it with sports tires and no driving aids if you tuned it down a few hp (450 PP stock). Also works like a charm in the rain fyi.

Last edited:
dlmnf4
Three words and one letter: Honda. Integra. Type. R.

I agree, dlmnf4. Any Integra Type R models are a great for this seasonal. The TRD Celica at 415pp is also sure-bet if anyone is having trouble winning. If you are up for a challenge or want to make some quick cash, try the Suzuki Cervo modded to 365pp.

I found it winnable with several different cars, all FF and plenty of power, with a lot of weight fully back to slide the tail round corners while you keep the throttle well open. Speed is the key as you can pass on the straight. You have to be on the edge on every corner.

I won all these with a Fairlady. Unsure of exact name unfortunately, was only tuned to 390pp so I got an awesome cash/experience boost. The second and last race where close calls. Only gained the lead on those on the last lap. Other races got in first by the end of the 3rd lap.

The tuned Honda Civic 08 I used in the Civic Championship was good for this, dominated the first three races have to do the final two but should be fine :)

I use this as my cash cow, specifically Daytona. My 8 year-old nephew rocks out Daytona for a cool $300,000 by lap 2. By a 92 Del Sol SiR. Max build and lighten, but no aero necessary. You need the power. It's worth rebuilding both the chassis and motor; very cheap at around. $13,500 total for both and you yield much more in rewards.

My settings are: lightened to 936kg, no aero, all associated racing part bolt-ons and de-tune to 85.8% power to stay at 430PP, will leave you around 222 bhp @ 7,700; 157 ft-lb. @ 7,400. You need to Live in VTec. Tranny I always shorten my top two gear ratios in restricted-PP races so you can dig through and catch-up even though you're under-powered (also helps when drafting); top speed varies but I stick with 193mph. LSD 60-60-60. Suspension (most of these are conservative due to sports tires): -6 Fr/-4 Rr ride height, 14.0 Fr/15.0 Rr spring rate, 8/10 on both dampers, 7 both ARB. 2.8 degrees camber both front and rear, I never touch Toe Settings. Max both brakes and love the cash. I've de-tuned down to 415PP and still won most races by Lap 3.

Halfway through it right now with a Spoon Integra Type R, fairly easy wins so far. Overtaking the lead Integra Type R by next to last lap.

Back