Tips for Nurburgring gold?

• Thread starter Method36
  • 10 comments
United States
SC
Method-ThirtySix
Been trying to gold the Nurburgring in circuit experience, but best so far is a low 7:03, about 6 sec too slow. FWIW, I have to play on a pad with X/[] throttle/brake due to nerve issues. I've found TCS 2 to be the minimum needed to keep the car on track since I can't apply partial throttle, but I know this isn't ideal.

Anyone have suggestions on chipping away at a lower time (other than practice makes perfect)?

I got a 6:56:xxx or so with a DS4 and the same controls. I kept traction control on the default 3. Just set a baseline lap and then race your ghost to keep on improving. My first run was a 7:01 or so which was good for silver and that's even with one off track incident. Then when I finally got in another clean enough lap I pulled a 6:56. It's easy to gold the Nurburgring if you can just get in a clean lap.

Have you ever tried coasting through corners?

I'm usually tapping X through corners if I can't be flat out. I'll try a bit of coasting and see if it lets me get back on the throttle earlier.

Try dropping TC to 2. TC in this game really slows you down in corners, and Nurb is a long track. You will not spin even slamming the throttle with TC on 2 with that car.

Did you gold every sector? If so, you should be able to put it all together for the full lap. Good luck.

Thanks guys, yeah, just did a 6:56 lap, despite clipping the guardrail on the final turn. Was too busy looking at the time and knew it would be close, lol. For the record TCS was at 2, ABS default, all else off.

Thanks guys, yeah, just did a 6:56 lap, despite clipping the guardrail on the final turn. Was too busy looking at the time and knew it would be close, lol. For the record TCS was at 2, ABS default, all else off.
Cool.

I know you have completed it, but for anyone else having issues I suggest doing all the sectors first, then doing the lap. It might take a good chunk of time but the actual required lap is not that quick, the main thing is just not crashing and knowing the track and what comes next. If you have spent the past hour or so doing the different sectors then you should be quite familiar with a whole lap of the track and not get lost. Once you have a basic understanding of the track / braking points and lines and it should be quite straight forward and when in doubt brake a touch early and coast through the turn a little, doesn't cost too much time and its better than crashing. Once you have set a base lap you can always improve on your ghost in the next run.

I know you have completed it, but for anyone else having issues I suggest doing all the sectors first, then doing the lap. It might take a good chunk of time but the actual required lap is not that quick, the main thing is just not crashing and knowing the track and what comes next.

Not that quick is right ... the Top 10 all did it in 10 seconds, so 6.57 is easy. LOL.

23467115_724363051086220_3847912211373651126_o.jpg

:lol:

Well that may be a slight exaggeration!! My first lap after doing all the sectors was 10 seconds under the gold time, let alone if I sat and tried it properly!. I would guess the real World Record would be a good 25 - 30 seconds under gold.

A quick search on Youtube found this

20 seconds under.

Back