Tips for special License

Can anyone offer me any tips for getting my special/super license?? I've completed most of the tests apart from a few (cant remember how many exactly, it's been a while since I looked at the license tests). I have not completed the Rome Night test in the Alfa 155 or the Laguna Seca in the Viper, so some tips would be very helpful, as I'm a relatively amatuer player, thanks.

the alfa is a good handling car. try to flat out on most of the corners. especially the first series of them.

the key for Laguna Seca is early braking. brake hard, turn in, accelerate as fast as you can. make good use of the outter rumble stripes.

made this two little vids for you to get a brief ideal. poor visual, no audio just to keep the file small :ouch:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18844181/Slicense.zip.html

Also, be careful of that little part of the track on the Laguna Seca where the ground suddenly goes down and the whole road enters a 90 degree angle. Many cars either hit the wall or spin out on that one.

Thanks guys. I finally completed all the S Tests today, before I even read your comments. I agree, the key to success in the Laguna Seca test is early braking, and also fanning the throttle a little before completely flooring it so the ar$e end of the Viper doesn't swing too wildly. Also taking your time on that test helps, I got it on my first attempt, (today anyway) simply because I just took my time. 1:16 (Bronze) around laguna in a 700hp Viper is pretty easy, so there is no real hurry.

I think the key to the Rome-Night test in the Alfa is to simply keep the car off the walls and late-ish braking. Also a number of practice runs helps. I found myself braking on corners which needed little or no brakes, and after a few practices I knew when and where to brake. Passing this one took me a little longer, I was getting frustrated. I kept ketting like 1:36:483 etc, times only marginally slower than what I needed to pass, and this frustration caused me to run wide and hit the wall on the final corner head on (when I thought I was having a good lap and was finally going to pass) causing me to fail.

Congrats on your S licesne. Now just wait'll you discover the Event Generator! I love it. Some people say it sucks but it all depends on which car you enter. I've done some pro-level racing in which the competition was pretty stiff.

Unfortunately the races are still only 2 laps each. And the computer can't enter race-kit cars. But everything from kei cars to non-racing cars with about 600 hp? the computer will match you about 85% of the time and give your car a decent fight.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the event generator. The AI are still not much of a challenge. Although I will admit that the AI in the PRO event generator are much better than AI in easy or in a regualr special event etc. The thing I was disappointed with most was the prizes/prize money. $10000 + a $50000 Bonus is pretty $hitty, and no prize cars!! BIG Letdown.

But now, I've figured out a few little tricks with setups, so I'm going to go back and buy all the cars I gave up on previously, and see if I can "tame" them.

Well forget about the money. Keep trying it with different cars (Expert level, not Hard). You'll see what I mean eventually.

Last edited:
I was racing on the epert level, but maybe my car was just too good :P. I'm not worried about the money, if I ever want money I just do the GT All Stars race @ Red Rock Valley. I was just hoping for some interesting prize cars that's all. Speaking of prize cars, where do I win the Dodge Concept car, the standard version, I have the LM edition.

I belive that's a car awarded when you race in the American Versus Races, It comes in Purple and Yellow, Here's a thumbnail of one of them below.

Attachments

• gt1-9a.JPG
    gt1-9a.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 16
stripesfanIII
I was racing on the epert level, but maybe my car was just too good :P. I'm not worried about the money, if I ever want money I just do the GT All Stars race @ Red Rock Valley. I was just hoping for some interesting prize cars that's all. Speaking of prize cars, where do I win the Dodge Concept car, the standard version, I have the LM edition.

Hmmm, like try a 60's muscle car or a Jaguar or something luggy like that. The more power you add to them, the tougher your competition will get cuz you'll eventually wind up being the only American muscle in a field of specialized Skylines and stuff like that.

The American Versus races?? WTF?? Perhaps it's called something else on my version of GT2?? Maybe it's the muscle car cup?? I've completed those races, amd I won the Plymouth Spyder, Shelby Cobra (awesome) and the Dodge Phaeton.

I used the Jaguar XJR 15 in the Expert event synthesiser. That was a challenge. My biggest opponent was a Lotus Elise GT1. I won the first 2 races then came fourth in the third after going straight into a wall at Clubman Route 5 reverse. I won the next race at the Seattle Short Course. The last race was back at clubman, again in reverse and I hit the wall again (twice, but still managed to come second, which only earned me 2nd overall.
I might give the muscle car idea a go, any ideas on which one I should use??

HYBRIDLVR
I belive that's a car awarded when you race in the American Versus Races, It comes in Purple and Yellow, Here's a thumbnail of one of them below.

In GT yes, in GT2 it is the prize for all golds on the B License.

stripesfanIII
The American Versus races?? WTF?? Perhaps it's called something else on my version of GT2?? Maybe it's the muscle car cup?? I've completed those races, amd I won the Plymouth Spyder, Shelby Cobra (awesome) and the Dodge Phaeton.

I used the Jaguar XJR 15 in the Expert event synthesiser. That was a challenge. My biggest opponent was a Lotus Elise GT1. I won the first 2 races then came fourth in the third after going straight into a wall at Clubman Route 5 reverse. I won the next race at the Seattle Short Course. The last race was back at clubman, again in reverse and I hit the wall again (twice, but still managed to come second, which only earned me 2nd overall.
I might give the muscle car idea a go, any ideas on which one I should use??

Good, for a minute there maybe I thought i was losing my game.

Yeah, I'd try any car. Even a Shelby Series 1 or some other true sports car will have a tough time once you give it some juice. That's what I've found.

Last edited:
Back