Tips on how to recover.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 14 comments
  • 957 views
Messages
861
United States
Olympia, Washington
Messages
Devil240Z
you're driving fast, very fast. Your inside tires catch a little dirt. you start to slide. counter steer left. counter steer right. left. right. left. and you're sliding backwards in the grass.

How do you recover from this situation/prevent it?
 
You can prevent it by avoiding the grass.
:lol:

But if you do happen to clip the grass, don't jerk around with the wheel. You can also help control it by modulating the gas pedal.
 
If you touch the grass, turn as lightly as possible so as not to spin out. If you do spin out, having a steering wheel controller with 900 degree capability (combined with quick responses) typically helps.
 
Start>Restart>Yes....then same turn coming up....🤬....Start>Restart>Yes

If I know I'm going to clip the grass I do what Stigy says and modulate the gas. Hope for the best.
 
Much easier to catch it with the DS3 for me.
But, good practice for such events is driving in the dirt and drifting.
Catching a slide was much easier in GT5, I think.
 
:lol:

But if you do happen to clip the grass, don't jerk around with the wheel. You can also help control it by modulating the gas pedal.
Yea do what Stigy says. I am a decent DS3 driver so if something like the op said were to happen; I would let the car steer itself out and modulate the throttle.
 
Catching a slide was much easier in GT5, I think.

Definitely agree. I compared the Lancia Stratos in GT5 with GT6. The car had the same instability, but the modified physics in GT6 make correcting a spin close to impossible.
 
I always just try and fiddle around with the throttle to balance the car again. Though if that doesn't work, what I do is anticipate the car rather than react to it. It's swaying side to side and you're flinging the wheel left to right. Turn a little earlier, but not too much and it usually gets it.
 
Easing off the gas will help more than what you do with the wheel.
It's extremely easy with the controller.
 
Last edited:
Clutch in ;)

Or at least hop off the throttle, and try to lightly brake in a straight line between the wiggles. Sometimes an upshift will work as well. You're almost always better off slowing down to save yourself than flying off the track. *cough* Bathurst *cough*
 
Much easier to catch it with the DS3 for me.
But, good practice for such events is driving in the dirt and drifting.
Catching a slide was much easier in GT5, I think.

Catching a slide was easier in GT5, agreed. I would add that exiting a slide smoothly is also much more difficult in GT6.
 
Back