Tire changes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uncle Arby
  • 9 comments
  • 1,618 views
Messages
3
Is anyone else having trouble with changing tires? I cannot seem to switch between tire types even though i have purchased different ones. Once I race in a tire restricted race, I cannot switch back to a different type tire for an unrestricted or at least higher tire level race. Any comments?
 
It happened the same to me last night. I bought Sports Soft tires for two of my cars, but did not assemble them. I went to online mode (that's why I bought them), and the tires weren't there :scared:

I had to buy them again, and then they appeared. The only thing I can think is that you have to save the game right after buy the tires (or whatever) you just bought, so you keep them in online mode. I don't know if this could be a problem is you only play in single player...
 
I have the same problem on my mustang Mach 1 -71

I have slicks on and cant change to say hard racetiers....
 
I think, if you don't install stuff right away, it can be found under the "items" category in GTLife.

I don't know if this is exactly the situation you guys are describing though.
 
Go to driving options before a race starts.

You can install any tires you want there.
 
Go to driving options before a race starts.

You can install any tires you want there.

Yea, I ran into the tire changing problem too and then stumbled onto what this poster found. It's pretty simple for offline racing actually. I have no idea, however, how tire changing works with online racing.
 
It happened the same to me last night. I bought Sports Soft tires for two of my cars, but did not assemble them. I went to online mode (that's why I bought them), and the tires weren't there :scared:

I had to buy them again, and then they appeared. The only thing I can think is that you have to save the game right after buy the tires (or whatever) you just bought, so you keep them in online mode. I don't know if this could be a problem is you only play in single player...

If you buy tires but don't install them right away, they go to you're parts list and not on the car you are driving. From there, you can put them on whatever car you want or give them away.

Offtopic: Is it possible to take parts off a car and sell them back to the shop or give them away?
 
Yea, I ran into the tire changing problem too and then stumbled onto what this poster found. It's pretty simple for offline racing actually. I have no idea, however, how tire changing works with online racing.

Same driving option menu is available online.

Offtopic: Is it possible to take parts off a car and sell them back to the shop or give them away?

Have not found this yet.
 
I think, if you don't install stuff right away, it can be found under the "items" category in GTLife.

I don't know if this is exactly the situation you guys are describing though.

This. Tuning parts are no longer tied up to the car you're using like in GT4. If you don't install the part in the Tuning Shop right away, it will go to Item/Tuning Parts folder. From there, it can be install to any car you want to (just switch to that car first).
 
HN7
This. Tuning parts are no longer tied up to the car you're using like in GT4. If you don't install the part in the Tuning Shop right away, it will go to Item/Tuning Parts folder. From there, it can be install to any car you want to (just switch to that car first).

Once installed on a car, it can be un-applied, but not unlinked from that car.
 
Back