Tire comparison Forza and GT7

• Thread starter BlackHGT
  • 6 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
I would like to know which tires on GT7 can be compared with which tires from Forza Motorsport.

GT7 has the Confort,
Sport and Racing as hard, medium and soft compounds.

In Forza there are Standard, Sport and Racing as far as I can remember.
and in Racing there are Soft, Medium and Hard compounds.

But which ones are comparable?
Any ideas?

Not sure what you are asking? Comparable to real life? Comparable between GT7 and Forza?...I suspect that all is within a reasonable window.

Comparable between GT7 and Forza.

I would like to compare lap times from both games.
But it will be difficult to make statements if the tires are different. As these have a relatively strong influence on the lap times.

Without having played any Forza game for a very long time and not remembering a single thing:
Standard = Comfort
Sport = Sport
Racing = Racing
seems obvious to me?

Yes, that makes sense.
But in GT there are Confort and Sport in the Hard, Medium and Soft versions and in Forza there is just Standard and Sport...

So are the Standard and Sport from Forza rather soft, medium or hard?
Only the racing tires are differentiated.

Seems like Forza is more realistic here. I never played it but my guess would be the "Standard" is a, well, standard tire, the ones that most cars come with and most ppl buy for daily driving. Grip is less important here, tire life and price are. So I'd say that's SH in GT7.
"Sport" I guess is something like a Michelin Cup, softer, much more grip. I'd say that's SS in GT7.

All the Comfort tires in GT7 are pretty bad. Maybe useful to simulate old tires on classic cars. But not suitable for racing IMO.

I'd say choose a car that's available in both games and take it around a track available in both games. Do a few laps with each set of tires and then compare the times you get.

Seems like Forza is more realistic here. I never played it but my guess would be the "Standard" is a, well, standard tire, the ones that most cars come with and most ppl buy for daily driving. Grip is less important here, tire life and price are. So I'd say that's SH in GT7.
"Sport" I guess is something like a Michelin Cup, softer, much more grip. I'd say that's SS in GT7.

All the Comfort tires in GT7 are pretty bad. Maybe useful to simulate old tires on classic cars. But not suitable for racing IMO.

I'd say choose a car that's available in both games and take it around a track available in both games. Do a few laps with each set of tires and then compare the times you get.
On the contrary. GT would be more realistic here. Your “standard” touring or all weather type tires in real life come in various compounds that range from soft to hard, depending on the exact make and model you choose. Same with “Sport” or performance type tires in real life. Not all touring/all weather (standard) tires use the same compound and not all performance (sport) tires do either, so some are softer or harder than others. They just aren’t rated that way so bluntly as actual racing tires are as the general tire consumer of these really wants to see how long they last and how good they are in adverse weather conditions for the price as opposed to how much grip they’ll provide on a dedicated dry track in racing conditions.

Different companies and even different model tires within the same company use different compounds which result in a softer or harder tire that impacts cost and actual performance when used. Not all touring tires are ‘hard’ and not all performance tires are ‘soft’ across the board, each category in real life has its equivalent of soft and hard models.

As for accurately comparing lap times between Forza and GT…that might be harder than just picking the same or comparable tires since the games have different physics as well as other differing variables to consider, not just tires they offer.

Back