• Thread starter z19930612
  • 0 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
HOVE
ZZ_GT_KING
Two points I need to point out regarding the tire physics

1. There is a noticeable delay in steering on-centre response for all tires(Comfort, Sport, Race) in GT7, if you compare it with the same car back to back between GT Sport and GT7, the difference is larger than comparing a YOKOHAMA AD08(Sharp and Direct) vs Michelin PS4(Goofy and Lazy), also if you ever experienced the 2017 Nissan GT-R with OE Dunlop SportMaxx GT600, it feels much closer to the one in GT Sport(Sport Hard), the 2017 GT-R in GT7(Sport Hard) is loose, inaccurate and way too much tail-happy, in short, it feels nothing like the real thing in real life.

2. Traction break away too quickly during the transition from longitudinal to lateral. I first noticed this during the license test with the 370Z in Tsukuba, when the rear break loose I could not regain traction quickly by adding more load to the rear, the tire is not reacting to more vertical load and the rear end just doesn't want to come back. Also if you went just a little bit quickly into the corner, the car will immediately wash wide, the grip limit feels like some really crappy tires in real life, once the grip limit is reached, the grip level suddenly drops a lot, but a good real tire has some reserved grip once the limit is reached and if you are just tiny bit quicker than you should, the tire could at least maintain the vehicle trajectory.

As a GT player since GT4, I can see how the GT series is getting more and more realistic, (to me the best is still GT6, Some cars in GT Sport feels wrong too, such as the E46 M3, E92 M3 and 650S etc), The whole point for playing GT is because we want to feel how these beautiful cars handle, but now this crappy tire physics is really putting me off continuing playing GT7, Please PD, contact your partner Michelin, ask their professional tire evaluation driver to experience the game and fix this problem, GT7 has the potential to be the best Simracing game ever!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back