Tire Smoke (the way it needs to be)

• Thread starter Driago_
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
AAO_Hankook
Tire Smoke in GT6 is great. With my 850+ hp Ford Mustang, i can make huge clouds of smoke and its great for showing off and just for personal satisfaction, but its only enjoyable when your car is doing a burnout. Tandem is ok, depending on which position youre in in a tandem train. Lots of people complain how they cant see (people who are like the 5th car in a tandem train. to me, about 4 cars in tandem is JUST manageable. ive heard some teams talk about drifting in rain that way they can get good shots of all the members if theres more than a couple. The smoke in GT6 starts in like little trails then way back behind you is when it starts joining together making clouds that only stay there for a few seconds depending on how fast youre going. It needs to,(according to wheel speed), start huge and get huger, but the farther back, reduce opacity. it seems like this would then be harder on closer cars to the lead car, but thats more like real life and GT6 is a real driving simulator right? Us drifters love how tire marks stay present longer, but wat if it was permanent for each room.. Just some simple suggestions. Heres where i think PD needs to get Smoke ideas from. But at least GT6 smoke is better than Forza`s

Heres a compare and contrast

Attachments

• Real Mustang RTR.jpg
    Real Mustang RTR.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
Your YouTube link is broken.

Also, if you want to talk comparisons to FM then go over to that forum, not here 👍

Tire Smoke in GT6 is great. With my 850+ hp Ford Mustang, i can make huge clouds of smoke and its great for showing off and just for personal satisfaction, but its only enjoyable when your car is doing a burnout. Tandem is ok, depending on which position youre in in a tandem train. Lots of people complain how they cant see (people who are like the 5th car in a tandem train. to me, about 4 cars in tandem is JUST manageable. ive heard some teams talk about drifting in rain that way they can get good shots of all the members if theres more than a couple. The smoke in GT6 starts in like little trails then way back behind you is when it starts joining together making clouds that only stay there for a few seconds depending on how fast youre going. It needs to,(according to wheel speed), start huge and get huger, but the farther back, reduce opacity. it seems like this would then be harder on closer cars to the lead car, but thats more like real life and GT6 is a real driving simulator right? Us drifters love how tire marks stay present longer, but wat if it was permanent for each room.. Just some simple suggestions. Heres where i think PD needs to get Smoke ideas from. But at least GT6 smoke is better than Forza`s

Just saying because of the wall of text it gets very hard to read.

But to keep tyre marks on the track for the length of the session it could end up being very laggy because of having to keep them rendered at all times.

And also with what you are saying with the smoke the PS3 would probably struggle to run the game smoothly.

Also not all cars produce smoke the say way as FD cars, depending on the tune but you can have the same wheel speed with a 400HP S chassis car and a 900HP Mustang but the 2 different cars would produce 2 different smoke trails.

But remember after all it's just a game, if you want realistic smoke and everything else. Go build your own drift car, it's as simple as that.

Heres a compare and contrast

This much smoke would be cool for single drifting or pictures, but for tandems and trains it'll be nearly impossible.

IMO Its hard enough to run trains and smoke not be an issue this would only make it harder.

Just saying because of the wall of text it gets very hard to read.

But to keep tyre marks on the track for the length of the session it could end up being very laggy because of having to keep them rendered at all times.

And also with what you are saying with the smoke the PS3 would probably struggle to run the game smoothly.

Also not all cars produce smoke the say way as FD cars, depending on the tune but you can have the same wheel speed with a 400HP S chassis car and a 900HP Mustang but the 2 different cars would produce 2 different smoke trails.

But remember after all it's just a game, if you want realistic smoke and everything else. Go build your own drift car, it's as simple as that.
yea your probably right with rendering and stuff i can understand that. But the smoke is like, reversed, on the way it should be, Smoke starts big and then weakens. With GT, it starts weak and ends big. Im not saying smoke is terrible but if they are gonna love us enough to have all that smoke , at least play with it the right way. There is sumthin up with smoke though cuz RL cars can do a burnout and barely any smoke will come off the tires even after runs. not a burnout but Like this sorta If that was gt6, thered be smoke everywhere even in peoples 400hp missile cars. There is sumthin up w it. Id sacrifice a long trail for it to roll off the rear end of the car. Cuz thats all i want, just for it to roll off the car from the start instead of going to a trail then joining together. id give up even the HUGE clouds, just for the smoke to not start in trails..

Back