Tire Wear, what's going on???

Hi All,

Has anyone else come across this?

My son and I like to do long endurance races all the time. Usually anywhere from 3 to 12 hour races. We use to do them all the time in PC1, but we haven't finished a single race yet in the new game. .

The last 4 or 5 times it has been for one specific reason, and that's tire wear. (Or lack of it I should say).

We did stints lasting 2 to 3 hours, running soft's the entire time. In summer. At first we notices that we would pit in 2nd or 3rd place, change tires and refuel, only to come out in last or 2nd to last place. This happened several times. Than we noticed that at the end of an hour long stint, our soft tires were at 98% (give or take per tire). Than we tried it without changing tires. We went 3 full stints on softs and still at the end the tires were barely used up. We could have just kept going with the same one set of tires.

Tried it on a couple of different tracks with the same outcome. Suddenly the tires just don' wear. Ai's don't seem to change tires either.

This a known glitch? Because I have read about people complaining of the softs wearing out to fast, but this is the other way around.

Hi All,

Has anyone else come across this?

My son and I like to do long endurance races all the time. Usually anywhere from 3 to 12 hour races. We use to do them all the time in PC1, but we haven't finished a single race yet in the new game. .

The last 4 or 5 times it has been for one specific reason, and that's tire wear. (Or lack of it I should say).

We did stints lasting 2 to 3 hours, running soft's the entire time. In summer. At first we notices that we would pit in 2nd or 3rd place, change tires and refuel, only to come out in last or 2nd to last place. This happened several times. Than we noticed that at the end of an hour long stint, our soft tires were at 98% (give or take per tire). Than we tried it without changing tires. We went 3 full stints on softs and still at the end the tires were barely used up. We could have just kept going with the same one set of tires.

Tried it on a couple of different tracks with the same outcome. Suddenly the tires just don' wear. Ai's don't seem to change tires either.

This a known glitch? Because I have read about people complaining of the softs wearing out to fast, but this is the other way around.

Depends on which cars we're talking about. On GTEs, softs will last a long time if they don't overheat excessively. In GT3, the soft tires wear down pretty quickly. Each class has a different set of tires with their own behaviors. Not one tire seems to be the rule for all the other tires in the game.

That's the opposite of what should be happening. The softs are only good in cold temperatures and should be toast within a few laps in the summer.

Edit: Or maybe not.

Thanks for the reply's. Sorry, I forgot to mention what I was driving. The class was always GT3 or GTLM, but using different cars on different tracks.

Thanks for the link Zenzic.

Back