Tires and drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter wallerus
  • 1 comments
  • 415 views
Messages
2
New to this edition. Can't change the tires on my cars to suit the track. Did manage to get it done last night at 2 am but I had to go all the way back to home and I can't remember how I accidentally did it. All I remember is it was a convoluted reach over your shoulder to get to your butt process. Is there something I am missing to do it in 'tuning' right at the track?

Second. B-spec drivers (what a pain), how can you get more than 1 driver. There are 6 slots, but I can't create more than 1.
 
You need to first buy the tyres for each in car in "Tuning".

Once you've got a different selection of tyres, you can select them at the beginning of each race in "Driving Options" (where you turn driving aids on/off).

You can also change types of tyre in the pits during the race, again, provided you have first purchased them. But that's only really a requirement during Endurance Races.

As for the additional B-Spec drivers:

As your B-Spec Level increases, you will unlock additional driver slots, up to a maximum of six.

When you get to the B-Spec Endurance Races, you will have the option to select up to 4 B-Spec drivers, who will then rotate at each pit stop.

Until you unlock the Endurance Races, you won't really need more than a couple of drivers. You can decide which one you use to drive based on their moods.

In addition to your B-Spec level, each B-Spec driver you engage also has their own level, and also their own "career". When you get to the Endurance Races, fielding a brand-new, level zero driver alongside your 2 or 3 experienced drivers will see the new driver level *REAL* quick: they can go from level 0 to level 15 or 16 in a single endurance race.

So there's really no rush to employ too many additional B-Spec drivers until you get to the Endurance Races.
 
Back