Tires and Suspension

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lap Times
  • 7 comments
  • 624 views
Messages
4
United States
United States
Ok So I "upgrade" from soft sport tires to hard racing tires thinking there would be an improvement on grip... I wind up going sideways, a lot; if I were drifting this would be fine, but that is not my intention. What's going on? How do I resolve the issue? I have been tweaking suspensions for hours to little or no avail.
 
maybe it depends on the weight of the car in question. but nevertheless… i've been there, with racing soft tires, and it seemed that it had no grip at all…. i didn't and don't quite understand, but as i said, i've noticed this only in a few cars….
 
NSX Type R '02 and the X Bow Street '12 are my current culprits. At least its not all cars as you have indicated, I would however love to be able to tame those beasts and truly unleash their potential. I'm going to start looking at what the equivalent race version set ups are and try to simulate them in order to see if I notice a difference. Standing on the shoulders of giants as they say. Thank you Jbranco.
 
as you might know in real life no one uses Slics on standard suspension. who ever does is a massiv idiot.

the softer the tire the harder the suspension setup has to be.

hence; what ever the car it will always be faster with racing tires as long as the suspension is setup accordingly.

meaning each type of tire should be setup with a different suspension to get optimal times out of them.

( then again ; suspension meaning chassis meaning also LSD. )
 
as you might know in real life no one uses Slics on standard suspension. who ever does is a massiv idiot.

the softer the tire the harder the suspension setup has to be.

hence; what ever the car it will always be faster with racing tires as long as the suspension is setup accordingly.

meaning each type of tire should be setup with a different suspension to get optimal times out of them.

( then again ; suspension meaning chassis meaning also LSD. )


When you're on the car settings, when you choose for instance the angle toe, or the spring rate, theres a text showed on the left side… which has nice tips…
basically says what Greg330im said. :D :gtpflag:
 
Last edited:
I hear you loud an clear Greg30im, I have a fully customizable suspension, on the X Bow '12 I have simulated the suspension characteristics of the Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT, it has significantly improved my lap times. It is still a bit twitchy and I can feel it start to slip from under me when I'm pushing it to the limit. I'm no longer going sideways, but I can't help wonder if I can get it just a bit more stable.
 
When you're on the car settings, when you choose for instance the angle toe, or the spring rate, theres a text showed on the left side… which has nice tips…
basically said what Greg330im said. :D :gtpflag:
Reading those tips, thank you JBranco.
 
Reading those tips, thank you JBranco.

no worries m8 :)
well, online almost everyone races on RS tires. So, normally I lower the car, stiffen the spring rate, and compensate with dampers and anti-roll, a little twitch in the angles and then i'll test the setup on the track. According to the car behavior i'll adjust whatever is needed.

but that's just me.
 
Back