Tires overheating more frequently now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sam_i_am
  • 7 comments
  • 3,695 views
Messages
187
Canada
Ontario
Messages
GTP_academic
Is it me or do the tires overheat more readily now? I've been playing since Nov. and since 1.07 update, I find that the tires overheat very quickly when turning now. It used to be that if you set ABS to 2-3, you avoid locking wheels and they would overheat only under extreme abuse. Most of the time I could late brake and still make the turn

However, since last week, I don't seem to be able to late-brake much and even then, the slightest turn while braking cause tires to overheat and turn to mush. I use the driving line and now I almost always have to brake slightly ahead of the braking marker to keep tires from overheating.

I used to take a fairly underpowered car and be able to win A-spec events with rather aggressive cornering. However, now with tires overheating, I have to use a more powerful car to get better acceleration and more straight line speed than relying on faster exit speed at corners.

Anyone have seen this? I'm afraid this might be due to changing my driving habits after doing the seasonals with forced SRF which allows uber cornering.
 
cant say that i have
 
Yes I have noticed this. It is a little annoying but not a big deal... yet. If your normal style is late braking and aggressive cornering, you will notice it more.
 
I haven't seen much difference.
 
I haven't noticed any "large" differences. Does this occur with all cars you are driving? If not it may be that the "issue vehicle" may require the chassis to be repaired...? Just grasping at a couple options..
 
Does this occur with all cars you are driving?

It seems so. After a few A-spec races with various cars, I think they all do overheat more than I remember. Weather the new behavior is more realistic or not is a different issue. It is annoying, but I guess I'll get used to it.
 
I absolutely hate the tire wear in this game. It happens so fast, not to mention the temperature change happens too fast as well.

All it takes is a mere 1 second spin to "warm up" racing slicks to maximum grip, seems a little off to me.
 
Back