titleguy owns a car - 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3

• Thread starter titleguy1
  • 4 comments
United States
New York
Howdy! 19 years of my life lounging around have led to this moment. I think I could've made a worse purchase.

IMG_20200815_180239151.jpg

IMG_20200815_180259647.jpg

I've waited until I officially took delivery of the car to post it here - getting it registered next week so I can drive it up to school. Here's some more pictures, I have to give it a proper clean but otherwise this is what you're gonna get. I purchased the car on Tuesday for $7050.

I must admit that it's an example that looks a lot better from further away than upon close inspection - there's some damage that I didn't really take into much consideration previously that's only now beginning to cross my radar.

The rear bumper is pretty tattered...

Snapchat-1386825871.jpg

...And the front bumper has a crack in the plastic part.

IMG_20200815_180842259.jpg

I drove it from Brooklyn back home to Suffolk County, which - including traffic, and discounting a stop at my grandparent's in Queens - was about an hour and 15 minutes, in which the car performed admirably (albeit with my more-conservative-than-normal-because-mom-was-in-the-passenger-seat driving). There's a weird thumping sound that emanates from the rear left every time we go over a sharp bump, but for whatever reason it doesn't really make a sound over speedbumps or changes in the asphalt's quality. The car also vibrates a bit at highway speeds although I suspect that's just Long Island roads on a stiff suspension set up - the tires also look like they may need a replacement soon.

When I have the chance I'll show more progress photos on cleanup or any issues that arise.

We've got some good news and bad news. Good news first! I finally gave the car a well-needed deep clean from the ground up primarily using Chrisfix' tutorial, as a few of you have seen in the post your car thread. Additionally, I believe to have located the source of the thumping sound - it's the foam padding under the rear trunk that houses the tire, etc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Now for the bad news. The DMV is backed up by 6 weeks and I can't get my car registered so I won't be able to take it up to university. For now it'll be chilling in the garage and I'm taking a 2005 Honda Pilot to school, but I'll miss this car a lot until then.

IMG_20200820_152549984.jpg

That is a wonderful thing! I bet its absolutely awesome to drive. Good luck having to wait so long to drive it though, I bet you cant stop thinking about it :lol: :nervous:

Congrats to the car! A guy in our street has one, just looked it up a little as it's a rather rare car and learned that it as limited slip diff, definitely a good thing for 260hp on the front wheels!

A little big update!

IMG_20210228_160759535.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Peep the fact that my car is not completely immobilized by the fact that it is parked on a sheet of pure ice

I frankly don't know how many miles I've put on this car. Probably about 300-500 more up to this point - I'm really awful at keeping track of things, especially when the 3 isn't my top priority.

Back in December, I went to get the car serviced along with a mild complaint about the front brakes being touchy and the rear suspension having a slight crash-y sound to it. Turns out the front brake rotors and pads were shot along with the rear sway bar links - that’s a cool $700 in combination with the oil change and inspection right there, but at least it’s clear until 2021.

Recently, I decided to treat it with a little something!

IMG_20210228_162402101.jpg

We on the Cobb train now woot woot

I took a few minutes out of my day to get the filter in. I've never really done any work on a car, so this was an exciting venture for me. I've never posted a photo of the engine bay either so here it is!

IMG_20210228_164438168.jpg

The weather's been pretty chilly for the past few months - that's upstate New York weather for ya, I suppose (although true upstaters argue that it's western NY. I'm just a downstate heathen though) - so I haven't been able to perform any major surgeries besides the service back in December. I'll keep you guys updated for anything fun in the future!

Last edited:
Back