To all GT fans, My opinions of GT Sport and missing fun features!!

• Thread starter Nayef
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Naam00-bh
First of all , Sorry for my English Language, its my second language, actually GT its my 1st Favorite game ever, i think we are missing a lot of things and Fun. Actually i cant judge it from now its just a new game and i dont know maybe they will add some features. Lets talk now and Here's my points.

1- You getting Super cars from daily and missions very easily without working hard and saving Credits for it, If you remember old GT ( From 1 to 5 ) you really work very hard to save Credits and then buy a good car.
( In my opinion this is less fun )

2- You cant upgrade Cars, Wash and changing Oil. ( Honestly that was so cool and i feel very happy to using my car a lot and then change the oil, i cant describe that feeling XD )

3- Who plays GT 5 will know this, if you remember SPEC-A and SPEC-B MODE. ( SPEC - B was fun , You adjust the car setting and be a manager of a car while smoking a cigarette like a boss XD )

4- Career Mode

( I remember that feeling when spent time of playing and finishing a stage with gold you getting/winning a car )

5- I forget what the mode calling.

( Playing 24 hours to finish the race and after that you getting crazy cars ) I know its very long period of playing but when you finish the race you feels you are THE KING !!!

6- starting playing online ( With all the feature/ points i putted here )

( When someone looks at your profile on lobby or whatever. getting ( 100% completed ) you are completely crazy of GT. that called a BEAST OF GRAN TURISMO )

We Really missed all the features, but still we cant judge we need to wait, I know the Graphics and plays they doing amazing job but we are missing alot of fun. What you think ?

2. You can upgrade cars sure.upgrade lvl then change hp and weight . and with it you can change suspension , gearbox, brake parametres if you want.lots things to do there
You can wash dirty car . on dirty tracks your car become really dirty and then you wash it on time trial race. Fixes car damage too.
As kaz said there is all deepnes in game still just its not made as in separate gt mode.
6. Career mode .you have some of that in arcade mode. You have events and custom race were you can make your own events as you wish. And you wining cars with raising drivers lvl for driving morr for using fuel for all stuff.

Great post Nayef. Good points.

I really had a laugh about the car wash/oil change. I too really enjoyed this feature. I was looking at my scraped up car in my garage last night and REALLY wishing for the car wash.

SPEC-B really was a cool concept. It gave you a chance to take a break and rest your hands. It had a surprising amount of depth; plus the live performance charts were cool to watch.

A lot of people are unaware that doing a car wash after running your car for a while actually gave you a 1-2 km/h boost in top speed;)

2. You can upgrade cars sure.upgrade lvl then change hp and weight . and with it you can change suspension , gearbox, brake parametres if you want.lots things to do there
You can wash dirty car . on dirty tracks your car become really dirty and then you wash it on time trial race. Fixes car damage too.
As kaz said there is all deepnes in game still just its not made as in separate gt mode.
6. Career mode .you have some of that in arcade mode. You have events and custom race were you can make your own events as you wish. And you wining cars with raising drivers lvl for driving morr for using fuel for all stuff.
he talking about upgrade part like turbo, brake, and so on. on this game all you could do is adjust them

and career suck because 90% of the time you cant even use your on car

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your opinion & I respect it. But I think the new Gran Turismo game is brilliant. It's very polished & enjoyable. Only negative I can think of is having to be online to save the game & the offline features being locked when the servers are down. The online save should only be for online events & sports mode. But overall it is a great game, nice smooth gameplay & the graphics are bloody marvellous. The driving physics reminds me of GT4 for some reason. The car list doesn't bother me, I have no opinion on the car list because more will be added in future updates.

The campaign is fun. The missions actually feel like mission challenges this time unlike GT6, & it has a hint of the classic GT career modes because some of the events are actual races. Enough to keep me going at least.

That's partly my opinion, but not all of it.

To be honest - since I have to make the most of the game as bought, if VR was available on time trial and not just the silly 1 and 2 lap preset races,and there was no requirement for either online save or being online to use the non-online features and be able to save progress, the game would be worth the price as it stands.

Stripping those 2 features (which would have gone a long way to bringing back some of the offline fun) seems stupid as neither detracts from the online racing integrity. Since I have no interest in online racing I just ignore those menus.

Kaz ruined what could have been a very good game by insisting on nerfing the features he did.

You are spot on. I think most GT players would agree with you. I think GT has changed and thats all we need to understand. Terribly disappointed after each time I play it. This is coming from someone who had played 1 through 6 ritually. I want to love it but I just cant right now. I want to be amazed like when the GT3 commercial first came out, but its just not there anymore.

For some reason I feel like GTSport is an old girlfriend that I need to shake. She's different and we are going in different directions, but I don't want to accept it. I know the XB1 is better for me (with Forza's direction geared toward tuners and drag racers), but I still want to hang on to the old old one. haha!

Ill be fair and give the game time.

Great post Nayef. Good points.

I really had a laugh about the car wash/oil change. I too really enjoyed this feature. I was looking at my scraped up car in my garage last night and REALLY wishing for the car wash.

SPEC-B really was a cool concept. It gave you a chance to take a break and rest your hands. It had a surprising amount of depth; plus the live performance charts were cool to watch.

Thank you, irelly love SPEC-B , I wish they will add some features in future, and thanks for your reply

Back