To anyone that says I am wrong about getting stealth cars.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rudenut
  • 18 comments
  • 3,499 views

Rudenut

Premium
Messages
573
United States
Atl, GA
Messages
SaintFu-
I have now been advised twice that I am mistaken by stating that the US market cannot get the stealth cars. I feel I need to clarify my position.

I recieved, with my gamestop preorder, a code for th mcclaren f1 and a nascar car. This is not disputed.

However, I am referring not to preorder stealths for the us market. I am referring to the fact that the US market does not have access to the signature edition of gt5.

This package includes "all" of the stealth edition cars. We had access to the collectors edition for the chrome cars. This is fine for some. I, however, prefer race cars. It is for this reason that I want the stealths. I would have liked a choice.

I think, as someone on this forum has also observed that when PD gives exlusives by region they just annoy the other regions.

Are we not, after all, one community?
 
Why don't you check the redeem-by date on those codes?
 
I think, actually, we had access to more than just the McLaren F1 Stealth (which is a great car, I must say).

Couldn't different cars also be obtained from pre-orders through Amazon and Best Buy? (I believe it was a Mercedes from Amazon, but I can't recall which car came with the Best Buy pre-order.)

OK, we would've had to buy three versions of the game (which wouldn't be worth it, if you ask me), but we .

Regardless, it's totally moot. If I remember correctly, the codes for the pre-order Stealth cars expired on January 31st, 2011. (The codes for the Chrome Lime cars is still valid, isn't it?)

Peace...
 
@strngz0731: I got the Stealth SLS AMG from Amazon. 👍 Good call.

SLSstealth-540x178.jpg
 
I got the SLS, the F1, the NASCAR, and the GTR.
Now that I feel better about myself, what is this thread about?
 
Rudenut
Are we not, after all, one community?

Yeah we are, i agree with you, in this global online community, Expecially with cars, no region should have more or less than the other. With GT academy it's alright, but this its not. But then again PD has always done this.
 
I live in Norway and bought the Signature Edition (Witch set me back around 300$)
and I got the following cars:

R10 TDI Stealth Model
NSX GT500 Stealth Model
787B Stealth Model
McLaren F1 Stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

R8 5.2 FSI Quattro Chrome Line
M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line
300 SL Coupe Chrome Line
Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line

I did not, however recieve the XJ13 Race Car Chrome Line?!?

Any idea where this car can be collected?

And to all you who did not have the possibility to buy the SE I must say I think it's wrong.
We are one big GT community and should have equal rights to get the same cars and content!
 
I live in Norway and bought the Signature Edition (Witch set me back around 300$)
and I got the following cars:

R10 TDI Stealth Model
NSX GT500 Stealth Model
787B Stealth Model
McLaren F1 Stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

R8 5.2 FSI Quattro Chrome Line
M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line
300 SL Coupe Chrome Line
Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line

I did not, however recieve the XJ13 Race Car Chrome Line?!?

Any idea where this car can be collected?

And to all you who did not have the possibility to buy the SE I must say I think it's wrong.
We are one big GT community and should have equal rights to get the same cars and content!

The XJ13 chrome line was never included in the signature..
A coulple of weeks (Months?) later they introduced a facebook game that would give you an XJ13 chrome line.
\
Thats been the only way I know of getting it.
 
I have now been advised twice that I am mistaken by stating that the US market cannot get the stealth cars. I feel I need to clarify my position.

I recieved, with my gamestop preorder, a code for th mcclaren f1 and a nascar car. This is not disputed.

However, I am referring not to preorder stealths for the us market. I am referring to the fact that the US market does not have access to the signature edition of gt5.

This package includes "all" of the stealth edition cars. We had access to the collectors edition for the chrome cars. This is fine for some. I, however, prefer race cars. It is for this reason that I want the stealths. I would have liked a choice.

I think, as someone on this forum has also observed that when PD gives exlusives by region they just annoy the other regions.

Are we not, after all, one community?

I apologize on behave of the two members in the community who have wronged you. You are right. They are wrong. I are sorry that they have doubted you.

Is there anything else I can do for you?
 
We payed $300 for the signature edition, it deserves some exclusives.

They should've given the sig ed to all markets though, dunno why they didn't.
 
I got the XJ13 chrome line after participating on time trial seasonal event last month

Quote:
Congratulations on joining “AGS Special Circuit Competition” online event!

9CKH-AFNF-****

This voucher entitles you the GRAN TURISMO®5 Jaguar XJ13 Race Car Chrome Line Edition.

Instructions for redeeming a Promotion Code on your PS3™ system:

Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation®Network (or use an existing account).

Step 2: From the PlayStation®Network icon on the XrossMediaBar, select ‘PlayStation®Store.’

Step 3: Select ‘Redeem Codes’ (upper right hand corner of screen).

Step 4: Enter Promotion Code. Please note that the Promotion Code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

Once the Promotion Code has been entered correctly, click ‘Continue.’

Once you accept the terms, you will be taken to the download screen.

*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
You can be a sucker and pay over $30 on eBay for the codes...
 
I apologize on behave of the two members in the community who have wronged you. You are right. They are wrong. I are sorry that they have doubted you.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

lol, I wasn't wronged. As I stated, I was clarifying my earlier statement.
 
I think, actually, we had access to more than just the McLaren F1 Stealth (which is a great car, I must say).

Couldn't different cars also be obtained from pre-orders through Amazon and Best Buy? (I believe it was a Mercedes from Amazon, but I can't recall which car came with the Best Buy pre-order.)

OK, we would've had to buy three versions of the game (which wouldn't be worth it, if you ask me), but we .

Regardless, it's totally moot. If I remember correctly, the codes for the pre-order Stealth cars expired on January 31st, 2011. (The codes for the Chrome Lime cars is still valid, isn't it?)

Peace...

Again, the pre-order packs is not what I am referring to. The sig edition which was euro only and costs 300 bucks included all of the chrome and all of the stealth cars. I would have gladly paid for that as there were other treats included as well.
 
@strngz0731: I got the Stealth SLS AMG from Amazon. 👍 Good call.

SLSstealth-540x178.jpg

a friend gave me his...so I have that and the Mcclaren....The Mcclaren is epic...the SLS is a pig.
 
stealth cars are not worth it if you pay so much
 
I thought the sig edition was mainly for the SLS AMG comp that turned out to be a POS Bspec comp that i ain't heard nothing about since.
 
Again, the pre-order packs is not what I am referring to. The sig edition which was euro only and costs 300 bucks included all of the chrome and all of the stealth cars. I would have gladly paid for that as there were other treats included as well.

Well, there was also a Collector's Edition, I think it was $100 US. It had the Chrome Line DLC cars, a model car, some 'Apex' book, and a keychain I think. I wish I had gotten it - for the Chrome Line cars at this point, but when I pre-ordered I had no interest in paying the extra $40 for that other 🤬, so I didn't.

Yeah, it would've been nice if US players had an opportunity to buy as a package a game that included all the Stealth cars. I definitely would've hopped on that opportunity. It apparently was a European thing. We didn't have such an opportunity, so as some say in Europe - c'est la vie.

From what I understand, while GT5 has fans around the world, the US is not their strongest market. The game is bigger in Europe and Asia than it is 'The States'. I guess that results in different marketing and packaging. Fair? I don't know and I don't care. I have a game to play (when it doesn't crash), which is all I can ask for.

Peace...
 
I thought the sig edition was mainly for the SLS AMG comp that turned out to be a POS Bspec comp that i ain't heard nothing about since.

Well in the SE we got a lot of treats, even though it was expencive

GT Design metal case on "Obesian black" (an Merc SLS colour)
Apex driving guide
Book with pictures og cars from GT5
GT branded leather wallet
GT designed usb stick.
GT design key chain
GT5 game (really?)
GT5 Signature Edition challange (wich turned out to be B-spec)
R10 TDI Stealth Model
NSX GT500 Stealth Model
787B Stealth Model
McLaren F1 Stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
GT-R GT500 Stealth Model
R8 5.2 FSI Quattro Chrome Line
M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line
300 SL Coupe Chrome Line
Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line

So even if it is a stiff price, we got a lot of stuff and I think it was worth it.

But I cannot understand wht they only introduce this to certain markeds and not worldwide???
 
Back