To Buy Or Not To Buy?

• Thread starter Jerry786
  • 8 comments
Hi All

...Is this game worth buying? Ive played the demo and i was blown away by the graphics and general gameplay but im still not sure whether to buy it as its an outdated game....

For me the main feature of this game (and any other) is Online play, Are there many players online these days playing F1CE? Are the servers even up and running? How is the game like when bombing round Monaco and Spa, Does it have a realistic feel?

Also is there offline multilpayer? Lastly, will the driving force GT wheel work with this game?

The game it self drives and lookes great, also monaco and spa. It does work with the GT wheel. (from memory it had extreme force feed back, but that should be editable?)

If you dont mind that its outdated (teams/drivers) then i would say 'to buy', also the price must be quite low now.

Online i cant comment on as i dont play the game online anymore actually.

Hi All

...Is this game worth buying? Ive played the demo and i was blown away by the graphics and general gameplay but im still not sure whether to buy it as its an outdated game....

For me the main feature of this game (and any other) is Online play, Are there many players online these days playing F1CE? Are the servers even up and running? How is the game like when bombing round Monaco and Spa, Does it have a realistic feel?

Also is there offline multilpayer? Lastly, will the driving force GT wheel work with this game?

Basically, if you're a self respecting Formula One fan, you simply must buy this game. The graphics are beautiful, the engines sound great, it has decent AI, the sense of speed is fantastic, the FFB is fantastic at picking up bumps in the surface (with the G25 at least), the circuits are for the most part reproduced very accurately and beautifully and overall the driving experience is very immersive and challenging.

I'm afraid contrary to the previous poster, the game doesn't include Spa as it is based on the 2006 season. However, it does include Imola which hasn't been seen since that season.

If i'm honest, the online play is a real let down. The options are fairly limited, you are restricted to a maximum of 11 human racers and the collision detection is abysmal, rendering casual online racing with colisions switched on, a truly pointless experience, unless you're racing against a small group of like-minded friends.

Overall though, there's no good reason for you to not buy this game as it is probably very cheap at this stage as well.

F1CE is definitely worth buying for the offline play alone (it does have LAN options). As has been said, the graphics, sound & track selection are excellent - I would say the offline game is by far the best of any current PS3 racing title.

yip offline is the way in F1,, just online is a problem, there is no way they will do the times sum guys do in the the real thing,, like sub 1.10's at monza, the list goes on,,, i could only get mid 1,20's with no assists on manual in a full race distance plus 2 stops,, career mode,, i always did the full race distance because you get a feel for the race pace adrenalin,, its great stuff yes..

I am waiting on this game myself. I have played the demo. I own F1'06 on the PS2 which I am addicted to and I'm sure that the full game is going to be even better.

Offline, F1:CE is the best racing action on PS3 by far. F1 2010 will probably have superior damage/crashes(since nobody does that better than Codemasters - fact), but i doubt that it will match F1:CE visually, because Codies EGO engine still struggles with a lot on-screen - just look at the Dirt and Grid games. Compared to F1:CE and GT5P, they look low-res, and from the in-car view there is graphical tearing and framerate issues. F1:CE on the other hand is silky smooth, 4 years after it's release, and even with a full pack of 20 cars in the pouring rain. This game was built for the PS3 from the ground up. F1 2010 is a multi-format release, and as usual the PS3 version will probably suffer compared to 360 and PC. This is not due to the limitations of the PS3 compared to the other formats(since everybody with half a brain knows that the PS3 outshines the 360 when it comes to power), but more to do with the lazyness of some developers when making PS3 versions of their games. Just look at the Orange Box. Valve couldnt be arsed so they got EA to do it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back