To Buy or not to Buy

Hey y'all. The only GT game i've ever played would be GT2. I don't own a ps2, so GT3 and 4 are out of the question. So, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy GT1 or not. Don't just tell me yes or no, but tell me a reason. (please?) I would really appreciate it.

Yes, because its cheap and good fun arcade racing. It's like GT2, but more 90s style, and less but more common cars.

Hey y'all. The only GT game i've ever played would be GT2. I don't own a ps2, so GT3 and 4 are out of the question. So, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy GT1 or not. Don't just tell me yes or no, but tell me a reason. (please?) I would really appreciate it.

Yes. Buy it. If anything, it's interesting to see where the GT series started. It's worth it to see how far the physics models have come along. The original GT was made originally for die-hard gamers and it shows, mostly on a technical level. In later games, PD and Sony were trying to speak to the masses. They developed some things but pansied out on others. They obviously felt the general public didn't need some of the best parts of the game found only in GT1.

I'll warn you that it has a bit of a different feel than the other games, and barely any European or American cars, but I still say buy it & try it. **and I don't wanna tell you any spoilers so I'll shut up for once.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I think I will.👍 I hope i wasn't too demanding when I asked for reasons, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting money because one person thought the game was good.

Hey, don't worry about it. I would give you more info about GT1, but like I said it would be spoiling! So I won't do that. Where I live on the east coast, I never see it for sale new anymore. But on the west coast it was on sale for like $9.99 new....$4.95 used. If that's not a bargain, I don't know what is!

Last edited:
I would recommend it also, It's a great for racing and to see how it has progress, I bought a back up copy of GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 on the bay as a package deal for $19.50 Shipped!------) I just couldn't resist the price...

Gran Turismo is very cheap and well worth the money. I got mine for $10.00. It's got less cars and less tracks but it's still an awesome game in it's own right.

Its the most fun to play of all the GT series.

The series has gotten more boring as time goes on. I was so dissappointed by GT4 that i sold my ps2 and now only play GT1 and sometimes GT2 on my ps1.

Sure, it doesnt have the best graphics or the most cars, but its the most FUN and thats the whole point of it. Also as mentioned before the game is better on a technical level than the later ones.

There are a few main differences that you need to be aware of for GT1 though. Some of the tracks have slightly different "gravity", so you'll get air, at least in arcade mode, where you don't any more, and the game seems to run MUCH faster (150 mph feels like mach 3 :scared:) Also, with GT1, you can do Racing Mods to your car, which more or less turn it into a full-fledged race car. It will be designated in your car list by an [R] symbol next to the name, ex: [R] Dodge Viper GTS

It's fun, yeah. I was just watching of my earliest GT1 replays. I wouldn't say the other games are flat out boring (though some of the races in GT3 ARE totally BORING--Like the Wind...ugh).

But yeah, Kelvari has a point about the "gravity" comment. I hate they way they make cars "behave" in GT3...you never catch air except at Seattle. That sucks. GT1 has better graphix than GT2..they are more consistently better, anyways, even tho the wheels look a bit cartoonish.

Last edited:
it was my first game for ps and i stiil love it.:crazy: buy it 👍

Hey. Muffiny Beast (the guy who asked the question) originally made this thread in August. And he never came back which makes me wonder why why people keep telling him to buy GT1. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back