To Racing Wheel or Not To Racing Wheel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lt.Doomsday
  • 5 comments
  • 488 views
Messages
317
that is the question i'm faced with.i'm finding that i'm playing GT3-A Spec alot lately.i had a couple of questions for you GT3-A er's:

1.Is the Logitech Driving Force Wheel good with ppl that have size 13 feet?
2.Does it have full 900 degree turning radius?
3.Should i wait till it does down in price?
4.Should I buy a cheap Pelican or MicroON Wheel?
 
LT.......You're an azz.......The Logitec aswell as 99.9% of other racing wheels have a 300 degree turning radius..The NEW Logitech one.....that isn't debuting till GT-4 comes out...Will have 900 degree's of turning......I have size 13 feet..And it works fine....Don't buy a pelican or a micro-on........And the prices are relatively cheap as it is...And I doubt it'll get cheaper
 
i got confused.so sue me.the last racing wheel i messed with was with my buddy's Microsoft Force FeedBack Wheel on his computer playing some nascar game.
 
Just wait until the new Logitech wheel comes out (6 months at the least) if you can't wait that long then you should get the Momo Force...
 
Originally posted by Shinez
LT.......You're an azz
Unless you know Lt. Doomsday as a friend, Shinez, this is totally uncalled for. Even then it is barely acceptable for this forum.

Show some respect for other users. It's not the first time I've seen you act like this.
 
Originally posted by Lt.Doomsday
1.Is the Logitech Driving Force Wheel good with ppl that have size 13 feet?
2.Does it have full 900 degree turning radius?
3.Should i wait till it does down in price?
4.Should I buy a cheap Pelican or MicroON Wheel?
My wife just bought me the Momo Force wheel from Logitech, new for about $90 USD. That is currently the one to have; many of the fastest speeds are set with it. So far I'm nowhere near those speeds with it, and probably never will be.

The Momo is sturdily built and doesn't suffer the problems that the Driving Force wheel does. The only slight problem is that its "center" is actually canted a few degrees to the left, but this isn't a big problem.

Like Shinez so politely pointed out :rolleyes:, it only goes through about 300 degrees - but that's actually more than enough. Skid control in an oversteering car takes lightning reactions and some arm strength to get the wheel to opposite-lock correction in time to prevent a spin. I can't imagine doing that with two and a half full rotations from lock to lock.

The gas and brake are also slightly close together for two-foot driving.

The real problem with any wheel is mounting and seating. If you don't have something stable to mount it to, and unless you can get it in a very comfortable seating position, a wheel is going to be inconvenient to use.

All that said, I'm glad I have it and I plan to use it more and more as I get in practice.
 
Back