TO REMOVE: Weak force feedback with G29 in GTSport

• Thread starter cf357
  • 15 comments
Japan
Japan
(discussed in other topic, can be removed)

Hi everyone!

I bought a Logitech G29, it works well overall, but I find the force feedback pretty weak.

I don't know what is the exact term to use, actually. The "resistance" force to represent the weight of the car and the transfer of this weight while driving sounds pretty realistic, and it gets harder to turn depending on the speed and car. But I don't feel any rumble or vibration when accelerating, or driving on grass/dirt, or close to the boarders. From this point of view, it was may more realistic when playing with the DualShock :-D
I can barely feel some vibration when driving slowly in grass, and not turning (if I turn, or if I'm accelerating, then no vibration anymore).

I tried with sensitivity/torque feedback to 1 and 10, no real change.

Do you have any suggestion?
Maybe it's the expected behavior?

Last edited:
i just bought a g29 and i have the same issue. there’s no vibration when being bumped by cars and crashing. counter steering force works fine though. maybe PD needs to update it’s profile for g29 and as well as logitech should provide a firmware update. i already had the wheel replaced and same issue maybe it’s not the hardware but something is broken. they have optimized GT Sport for Thrustmasters they forgot that majority of gamers are logitech users.

I'm sure wheel support will come in a future patch, however, Sony is hoping users will latch on to the 800 USD GT Sport wheel

in Thrustmasters yes. in G29 there are alot of people even here that is complaining about these issues see other thread that replaced this.

i tried that by my current setting is 7/8/4. my problem are the crash vibrations from front impact rear and side impact i’m feeling none both from my previous G29 and this new one that replaced it. maybe PD needs more tuning on this wheel. i can feel the gutter vibration now but there are still some details missing. i came from Driving Force GT and GT5 and the FFB is more detailed in that game too bad that wheel is not compatible so i sold it. i loved that wheel never had problems with it so i bought logitech again but i didn’t know it will be like this.

I'm not sure if it's the same with Logitech wheels but I know you need to with others but have you plugged it into a PC and updated the wheels firmware?

firmware is current for my previous and new G29. i checked and my units were newly manufactured batch so they have the latest firmware. in Drive Club they are working as expected. the lack of vibrations is only on GT Sport. maybe future updates will fix this but i’m not sure.

Same here with my G29. I was used to PC / PC2 so when i switched to GTS i noticed a massive difference but i guess i got kind of used to it after 2 weeks. I hope they update with better setup options for G29.

Also how do I find out if my G29 is from "newly manufactured batch"?

Same here with my G29. I was used to PC / PC2 so when i switched to GTS i noticed a massive difference but i guess i got kind of used to it after 2 weeks. I hope they update with better setup options for G29.

Also how do I find out if my G29 is from "newly manufactured batch"?
The GT series has never had FFB comparable to the good sims. Much of the fine detail and nuance you from PCars, AC, iRacing, rF1 etc isn't there. The physics aren't as detailed, the tire model is simplistic and the road mesh isn't as detailed on most tracks IMO. FFB can still be decent and usable and fun it just isn't going to be as good as the true sims.

I have a GT5 and owned a Logitech Driving Force GT before I sold it to buy the Logitech Driving Force G29. in GT5 every bumps, every crash and impact, sand, grass, bumpy road, wet track, minor collisions have a feel to it. there is vibration like in Dual Shock 4. the feeling of rear wheel drive cars, 4 wheel drive cars and front wheel drive cars are different. However now I have the GT Sport using G29 there are lapses in Force Feedback. no vibration on front, side and rear impact. Grass and sand feedback is not that detailed due to lack of vibrations. some apex/gutter doesn't have a feel to it but some does. it's still playable though but again not as detailed as on GT5+Driving Force GT. Maybe Polyphony Digital focused too much on Thrustmaster wheels because of the collaboration but comparing Logitech users vs Thrustmaster users, there are more Logitech users so they should fix these issues in GT Sport I hope someone can report these issues. I'm now seeing negative feedbacks from users in the GT FB page. I have the same concerns as the thread starter and take note I already had the wheel replaced. chances of both the wheels with a far away production date being factory faulty is slim to none so the issue might be on software or in this case GT Sport.

Back