To scared to lay down the law...

• Thread starter FCWC
  • 16 comments
United States
HSV AL
I am not the only one who has been wondering why PD and Sony have allowed the ongoing manipulation of game data within GT5.

PD said it would ban people but that seems to be a lie
as the Time Trial leader boards are proof they are not.

The issue goes beyond time trials.
It effects all game play. And just to clarify, anything that isn't allowed by PD is a hack. Even "realistic swaps". From higher stage turbos to swapping tires. Saw the Michelins "swapped" on a car the other night. FRAK!

They have the ability to kick them off the game and even the entire PS network. Along with the legal right do to so. *So are they scared to do so or that they just don't care due to GT-6?

PD - Don't wait thinking it will all go away because GT6 is coming out.
Take a PRO stance now and BAN them permanently.

PS - If you want swaps go buy Forza 4 and play that.

Simply put, I'm going to guess that they've just moved onto GT6. PD may be a gaming company with large resources, but like any outdated product and a looming timetable for the next game, there's just not a lot of financial sense in moving backwards. They've supported the game for 30-34 months, so they're not going consume resources on stuff like this. After all, it's just game data...not an automotive recall issued by the National Highway Safety Board.

(Also, greetings from Huntsville.)

Simply put, I'm going to guess that they've just moved onto GT6. PD may be a gaming company with large resources, but like any outdated product and a looming timetable for the next game, there's just not a lot of financial sense in moving backwards. They've supported the game for 30-34 months, so they're not going consume resources on stuff like this. After all, it's just game data...not an automotive recall issued by the National Highway Safety Board.

(Also, greetings from Huntsville.)

Maybe I'm a bit old fashion but I expected PD to stand by this game for the duration of it. Release gt6 and I'll move on to that installment. Untill then I strongly feel PD should step up and do the right thing, ban the hackers that are dispruting the game play of legitimate players. As far as finacial sense, what price does PD put on their reputation? For that matter by doing nothing it seems as they have left egg on Sony's face as well.

Ban them so they can just go to another account? It's inconvenient for the user and a hassle for Sony. Stop the hacks? They tried, and the code was broken once again. Nothing to do besides move on.

There are ways to stop hacking but the best way would also kill the used game market on the console for this game unless they thought it through.
Provide an activtion code for a disk, one time use tied to one disk (it's do able). Than ban the code to hell with the PSN name/account.
Catch the game would not be able to resolde on the used market for online play.
Way around allow a a new activation code to be bought for a PSN user name/MAC address
Way around for hackers. make a new user name and buy the new activation code.
Way around for PD track the MAC address if more than say two new codes are bought for the game on that MAC address flag it for monitor if a third is bought ban the MAC address for the machine.
In the long term MAC address banning could have problems if the console is sold and the buyer wants to play a PD game. I'm not sure how to get around that one.

The reason I'm saying MAC addresses if IP's can be changed MAC addresses can't not be changed.

I strongly feel PD should step up and do the right thing, ban the hackers that are dispruting the game play of legitimate players.

Out of curiosity, what constitutes disruption in your mind? The modifiers and tire mods have been curtailed so all you have now is cars that adhere to the same PP rules as everyone else.

My game is disrupted by dirty drivers and immature players that would rather crash than race, but I don't see a ban hammer coming down on them. I'd much rather see dirty driving, offensive language, and grief behaviour dealt with instead of banning someone for having a turbo 86GT.

I'd say this more than constitutes disruption. They also don't adhere to the PP rules.

Agreed, they definitely do not adhere to the spirit of the system. The PP system should definitely only climb with HP where as now, excessive HP/weight ratios makes it fall.

But again, that is something that should be fixed in the game rather than fixed through banning. Banning addresses the symptoms rather than the problem. Hopefully, they are using the lessons learned as a way of making the system better in GT6.

Out of curiosity, what constitutes disruption in your mind? The modifiers and tire mods have been curtailed so all you have now is cars that adhere to the same PP rules as everyone else.

My game is disrupted by dirty drivers and immature players that would rather crash than race, but I don't see a ban hammer coming down on them. I'd much rather see dirty driving, offensive language, and grief behaviour dealt with instead of banning someone for having a turbo 86GT.

I see disruptive as anyone skirting the set rules. Online racing one can boot the offending person from the room. That is not an option with time trials. The tire mods and hacked cars have NOT be curtailed. Take a look at the replays of the top times in the current TT. I'm open minded, what action would you suggest?

I see disruptive as anyone skirting the set rules. Online racing one can boot the offending person from the room. That is not an option with time trials. The tire mods and hacked cars have NOT be curtailed. Take a look at the replays of the top times in the current TT. I'm open minded, what action would you suggest?

Add in an HP limit to TT's and Open Lobbies, along with the usual PP limit..problem solved.

How about this, PD provides the car but we can tune it to our liking and the tune is than cross checked with PD data base of viable tunes for the car if it doesn't check out it's failed back to the tune screen.
I relize that hackers can replace the packate so this may not solve a thing but it than comes down to driver more than anything else.
Only way to "stop" hacking in TT/DT is for PD to provide a untunable car and say here use this and like it.

maybe the hackers could hold their own events instead of messing up the game for those of us who choose to play within the games parameters. Then they could see who's the best hacker. Then again, I'm someone who wants to see the Steroid Olympics.......how fast can you run, how high can you jump an then watch someones eyes blow out his ***h*** when he tries to lift a car

GT series had "mods" "hacks" since the first title... PD knows this is happening. Same thing is happening on Forza Motorsport 4 & H. Even if PD or T10.. Try to fix it. It will be bypassed...

PD has probably moved on to GT6 to get it ready on time...

Add in an HP limit to TT's and Open Lobbies, along with the usual PP limit..problem solved.
So how would this stop the guy we caught with a 5 speed nascar? His other car had wheels that stuck out from the wheel wells with major camber and slammed to the ground. I was told that others have zero or negative aero.

This is not intended as a thread hijack, but I've been out of the loop for AWHILE and I didn't want to start a redundant thread.

I just have a quick question...is there any way to race online now without hacks/mods being used? If there are better threads or discussions that I can be pointed to, I would certainly appreciate it. If there is no way to control these issues in online lobbies, then I will just stay retired and wait for GT6. Thanks for any information.

Back