To tune or not to tune...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick350z
  • 11 comments
  • 781 views
Messages
176
Messages
frontsidenick
I have all these Ferraris and I'm not sure whether or not to tune them. I have already tuned the Enzo and am considering tuning the sp1 (I believe RKM has a tune for it), but I'm not sure about the rest of them. Are they pretty much good to go right out of the box?
 
What do you mean by tuning? Adjusting the gearing and suspension or slapping every part from the shop on it? Most cars allow some alignment tuning out of the factory in real life so doing some sensible suspension tuning isn't such a big deal...
 
That's kind of what i was thinking. I did plan on adding parts like a racing exhaust or intake manifold. I was thinking maybe the clutch and flywheel and tires.
 
I fully tuned my 599, and did the ferrrari challenge, it's a fun car but racing exaust sounds too high pitch if that bothers you, other than that go ahead, i made the mistake of tuning my cobra, that wasn't bright but either way you can select the standard parts if you don't like the tunes
 
Here's what I tend to do if I go about things seriously...

Find an offline race, any one will do. Run that race a couple times bone-stock, no adjustments, nothing. I usually take a mental note of my fastest lap, for reference later on of course. Then I look at upgrades but only the truly beneficial parts. To me that's adjustable trans/suspension, plus a CPU tune & racing filter. All the normal stuff that is most likely to be done in the real world, like the clutch/flywheel as you mentioned. Afterwards you simply run races and adjust/tweak until you can't get anything more outside of overall driving style. Theoretically, if your car is on par with everyone else, you should be able to do decent with factory settings - adding parts won't make you a better driver.


Truth be told, you can also buy everything which could be removed down the road. That means stay clear of the engine/chassis work and race-mods (individual aero-mods can be removed, but it costs $$$). This route probably gives best of all worlds depending on mood... stock, slightly modified, or balls to the wall 👍
 
^ yes. Yeah I usually stay away from engine/body modification on the more expensive/powerful cars. But yeah I'll keep what you said in mind, thanks for the responses guys 👍
 
With the engine limiter and ballast options in the game now, even if you do fully mod your cars you can still adjust them back to stock specs.
 
Fair enough I suppose, but is it really the same?

Its hard to explain really, but if you're properly anal about these things, chassis/engine work can be a killjoy in terms of driving experience. Even if you bump up ballast and limit the power, its no longer a tuned road car and therefore not the same to me. But I guess it comes down to personal preference. Modified stock, or stockified mod...
 
I never modify unless there is a need to do it. If i need to tune my cars i do what the Giraffe said, only do mods that can be undone. This way i can bring the car back to factory spec when i'm done with the event in question.
Entering a race with an "overkill" car i'll leave to my BOBs.
 
Do you ever see a fully modded car and the race track out of Time Attacks? You don't but you do see them on the Salt Flats. If your going to follow the norm then it shall be. Though you pay a price after 5000 miles for fully modding you car.
 
stormbringer
With the engine limiter and ballast options in the game now, even if you do fully mod your cars you can still adjust them back to stock specs.

HippieGiraffe
Fair enough I suppose, but is it really the same?

No it's not the same, look at your dyno graph it's basically a straight line, that's what everyone did for the fiat challenge
 
No it's not the same, look at your dyno graph it's basically a straight line, that's what I did for the fiat challenge


I didn't do that for the Fiat challenge. So, I fixed your comment.
 
Back