• 9 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
PITPASScopy.gif

TOCA's Official News Thread, featuring Race Reports, Interviews, Driver and Team News, Speculation and much more!

Articles:
TOCA Season 6, Buckle Up!/BMW's Return Looks Promising: By Tom Brooks - 30/09
TOCA Pre-Season Interview: By Alex Coady - 30/09
Pirtek Racing Interview: By Alex Coady - 13/10

Alex Coady, Organiser and Founder of TOCA - The Interview: By Tom Brooks - 13/10

Last edited:
TOCA Season 6, Buckle Up!
It's going to be on heck of a ride this season, with raining World Champion Spurgy signing for RPM, a revised calendar which harks back to the days of Season 2, the return of BMW and the demise of Ford and who can forget the 4 Champions that will make up a quarter of the grid this season? Start your engines!

BMW's Return Looks Promising
Season 3's Manufacturer Champions, BMW will return to TOCA this season after a three season break. During Season 3, the BMW was heavily criticised for being too fast (Much like the Scirocco of Season 4.2) which we believe may have contributed to the subsequent dropping of the car for the following Season. However, a spokesperson said that BMW were "excited to be returning to TOCA for some time" which leads us to believe that they will have a multi-season deal in place.

Alex Coady, Organiser and Founder of TOCA - The Interview

So Furi, looking forward to TOCA this season?
Absolutely. In fact never been more excited for a TOCA Season.

A new car line-up creates new challenges, do you think that the racing will be closer?
Very much so. Honda's CRZ is a small potent beast, Infiniti are supporting Sakery and customers, and Mazda and Volvo remain committed for at least this season. Great to have BMW back on board as well.

RPM have signed defending champion Spurgy for Season 6, what are your expectations and thoughts about him?
Well Spurgy was always no.1 candidate. I managed to put a very strong run in last season but RPM failed to challenge for teams title due to not having a consistently prepared second car. Having Spurgy puts us in a strong position from the go-ahead and he brings a wealth of knowledge in as well.

Motegi, Suzuka's Full Layout make their debut as well as the return of Indianapolis for Season 6, why?
Motegi came to us wanting an event, and we were very excited to bring TOCA into yet more of Japan. Funding from Honda as well secured the contract. Suzuka's full layout was introduced following criticism of the east layout's lack of overtaking opportunities. Indianapolis is back, last season a deal fell through last minute but we managed to reach an agreement for this season.

Finally, what are your expectations for this season?
For RPM, a return to being teams champions and hopefully a drivers championship 1-2. A big ask with the quality of the field but you never know do you?

For TOCA in future, it's great to see it expanding after TOCA5. However I may be beginiing to curtail my involvement in the TOCA scene after this season, but it still will continue. 2013 might have less of me, but TOCA will expand.

Tom
Alex Coady, Organiser and Founder of TOCA - The Interview

So Furi, looking forward to TOCA this season?
Absolutely. In fact never been more excited for a TOCA Season.

A new car line-up creates new challenges, do you think that the racing will be closer?
Very much so. Honda's CRZ is a small potent beast, Infiniti are supporting Sakery and customers, and Mazda and Volvo remain committed for at least this season. Great to have BMW back on board as well.

RPM have signed defending champion Spurgy for Season 6, what are your expectations and thoughts about him?
Well Spurgy was always no.1 candidate. I managed to put a very strong run in last season but RPM failed to challenge for teams title due to not having a consistently prepared second car. Having Spurgy puts us in a strong position from the go-ahead and he brings a wealth of knowledge in as well.

Motegi, Suzuka's Full Layout make their debut as well as the return of Indianapolis for Season 6, why?
Motegi came to us wanting an event, and we were very excited to bring TOCA into yet more of Japan. Funding from Honda as well secured the contract. Suzuka's full layout was introduced following criticism of the east layout's lack of overtaking opportunities. Indianapolis is back, last season a deal fell through last minute but we managed to reach an agreement for this season.

Finally, what are your expectations for this season?
For RPM, a return to being teams champions and hopefully a drivers championship 1-2. A big ask with the quality of the field but you never know do you?

For TOCA in future, it's great to see it expanding after TOCA5. However I may be beginiing to curtail my involvement in the TOCA scene after this season, but it still will continue. 2013 might have less of me, but TOCA will expand.

This needs reposting, no-one cared :grumpy: :lol:

Back