Todays FIA Race

• Thread starter Manicuk
  • 19 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
In the real world if I was sponsored by Mercedes would I have to put my hand in my own pocket to buy wet tyres ?

Err nope, so why on “The real driving simulator” do I have to do this ?

This game couldn’t be any further away from being a real driving sim.

Sony, you need to put “Probably” in front of that comment before someone takes you to court…….

Yep, imagine my frustration, 2nd place, 12th lap, into the pits only for Totto Wolf to say, ahhhhh ummm you didn’t buy any wet tyres…….

Had to leave the game 😞😞😞

"real"......"simulator"

Those 2 words actually cancel each other out

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

why on “The real driving simulator” do I have to do this ?
Because simulator still implies you are playing a game, and a game can do things different to the real activity it is related to.
For example with the implication of "real driving" I dont consider it to be "if I was a real race driver and all of my equipment is sponsored because I signed a contract" but instead "driving physics that resemble those that we would experience if it was real".

Guys please don’t take my post to seriously, i was having a bit of tongue and cheek laughter at myself mainly for not buying tyres before the race because I’m an imbecile.

Just done the race again but because the misses was watching
TV, had to don the white mask…..

Qualifying didn’t go well as I had no practice in VR, started 11th.

Every lap got better and better, ended the race in 4th woop👌

If you're mad now just wait until you find out what happens to all those tyres you bought when Mercedes take the car back
I know man I’m fuming 😤

Guys please don’t take my post to seriously, i was having a bit of tongue and cheek laughter at myself mainly for not buying tyres before the race because I’m an imbecile.

Just done the race again but because the misses was watching
TV, had to don the white mask…..

Qualifying didn’t go well as I had no practice in VR, started 11th.

Every lap got better and better, ended the race in 4th woop👌

I know man I’m fuming 😤

If it makes you feel any better.....even the best in the world (who literally just did this race in the GT World Championship a few weeks ago) are not immune to it, haha.....you'll see what I mean about 3/4 of the way into the post.

Last edited:
I can understand. If a brand new player just bought the game for wanting to play Sport Mode, picking a “loan car” shouldn’t require players to purchase tyres for any race. I mean, it was the case in GT Sport. Just pick the manufacturer and read the rules as to what compounds had to be used. Not purchase necessary.

Unfortunately, as much as some players say GT7 is GT Sport 2.0, it ain’t.

I feel your pain OP, my first race went down the drain because I didn't realise I needed to buy Inters or Wets. I ended up a lap down on the next car crawling around at less than 100km/h in 6th gear. I'm pretty sure my last lap was over 4 minutes long.

You figure the manufacturer's cars you get when you sign up, would include all racing tire options. I would have checked before hand, maybe even three times 😅 because I get paranoid. That's an oversight really, or is it? When you actually think about it; the credits to buy them could equate to real money in P.D.'s pockets, even more so in this situation. Just imagine you are waiting to race, and you realize you don't have the tires you need AND you don't have enough credits or time to grind said credits.... So you buy some credits from PD because you are in a jam, and go about your race. C.R.E.A.K.

Last edited:
Back