Today's German car awful update award goes to...

• Thread starter Carl.
  • 45 comments
I read the article and looked at the pics.....

the hood and headlamps are not real. The tail lamps...maybe. I have seen some photos of those and it looks pretty close. The yellow in the rear tail lamp is led light and not the lense itself.

again, the hood and headlamps are going to be more aggressive than those pics show.

Bangle bungled the BMW 7-series, but got the others right. now Mercedes is trying to convert THEIR cars to his style, and bungling their own.

Hey Mercedes! be original!

Wow. It's a Pontiac Solara that was left in a fire and melted a bit....

Oh well, not a really big loss -- the old CL was ugly too, IMO.

Carl.
...again, please look at the other pics and read the article. They aren't that far off.

im going with jimmy hemi those pics have been mangled up to much. We should be expecting cls and s-class styling from thsi CL and I mean just look at those fenders the whole car is out of proportion and the lines go to places that dont make sense.

The new MB CL will look closer to this....

CL_AW_061505.jpg
CL Autoweek 061305.jpg

these are from June 2005 Autoweek...

I still say the image of the front has been altered. It looks more like the new Toyota Camry. Looking at the headlights, the passenger side does not look like the driver side, it looks like it is curving up and the light from the headlamp should not look as bright....

I am not a photoshop expert, this is just how I see it. I have also heard that these photos (at least the one of the front) are photoshop efforts from germancarfans.com....

yes, that looks much better. like the last-gen SL.

still think it could look better, though. (Curse Bangle and his influence on the rest of the automotive world!)

Both looks very similar to me... they also both represents a huge drop from the current CL. :(

I'm waiting for the AMG version to make things better. Pehaps it'll grow on me with time, like that Audi grille.

seems like the americans from daimler-chrysler have sent some designers over in exchange for the german technology they are using. ;)

I think they tried for a CLS like coupe, and just failed miserably. Although . . . rear seat visibility might be ok . . . because that's the reason why we all buy the cars we do . . .

Back