Tokyo Auto Salon "Gran Turismo Award" winners list?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 10 comments

Should GTPlanet have more news about the Tokyo Auto Salon?

• Sure!

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Not needed at all.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I feel like we've always been up to date about the awards for SEMA and Pebble Beach, but I've heard there is a third show that gets a car in GT - the Tokyo Auto Salon. According to an older post, the previous winners are approximately as follows:

2003: ASL Garaiya

2004: BP Falken RX-7

2005: Trial Celica

2006: Blitz Dunlop ER34

2007: HKS CT230R

2008: Amuse Fairlady Z 380RS Superleggera

2009: R.E. Amemiya RX-7 FD3S

2010: Toyota FT-86 Sports

But I'm not 100% sure about this, and even if I was, I don't know which cars have won since 2010, and thus can be expected in GTS, or have been put into GT6. Could someone help me out with this?

I feel like we've always been up to date about the awards for SEMA and Pebble Beach, but I've heard there is a third show that gets a car in GT - the Tokyo Auto Salon. According to an older post, the previous winners are approximately as follows:

2003: ASL Garaiya

2004: BP Falken RX-7

2005: Trial Celica

2006: Blitz Dunlop ER34

2007: HKS CT230R

2008: Amuse Fairlady Z 380RS Superleggera

2009: R.E. Amemiya RX-7 FD3S

2010: Toyota FT-86 Sports

But I'm not 100% sure about this, and even if I was, I don't know which cars have won since 2010, and thus can be expected in GTS, or have been put into GT6. Could someone help me out with this?
I don't think there has been any new winners after 2010.

The last one was in 2010, according to this search.

Primary, the main two GT Awards (if you can call it that) are given out at SEMA and Pebble Beach Concours. The tuners are usually given out at SEMA and the real classics at Pebble Beach.

Anything automobile

NEEDS to be integrated into GT

Bring on the bikes @mjm23race

They were very invested in getting motor bike racing into Gran Turismo, It's a necessity for this type of game or genre.

...thought that was called Tourist Trophy. =p

(Did that title even do that well? Can't be bothered to look up the sales.)
Yeah, But the thing is, we don't believe there will be a sequel to Tourist Trophy. And the @mjm23race is associated with Michael Jordan's team as a designer. He was really pushing for it to come to fruition. @mjm23race did, or tried, to contact someone at PDI about Tourist Trophy 2 and Kazunori Yamauchi has proclaimed that he wants to make another bike game and he's happy that there's a large number of people who want a sequel. For many years, there have been a ton of fans chanting for a sequel to TT. The next best thing is an integration of bike / motorcycle racing into the GT series. We all really thought it would happen with those screenshots that @amar212 posted first, I believe.

This is just an interview. Really tired, so I can't point you to the articles and posts and such that show it right now.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-interviews-thread.131200/page-4#post-4086661

Pardon me if those last sentences / statements didn't make much sense. @Griffith500 might be able to help out. He was apart of our group who "pushed" for bikes in GT, Really, I don't know if that previous sentence made sense. I'm so damn tired

Pardon me if those last sentences / statements didn't make much sense. @Griffith500 might be able to help out. He was apart of our group who "pushed" for bikes in GT, Really, I don't know if that previous sentence made sense. I'm so damn tired
Don't even sweat it; you're good. Your sentences are coherent, even if they don't seem like it to you. ;)

I think (?) this topic has been discussed here before. Don't know how feasible it would be to have two different physics models in the same game. (Presumably, you'd have a different physics model for bikes than cars.) Not to mention bikes and riders would need more animations than cars.

Don't even sweat it; you're good. Your sentences are coherent, even if they don't seem like it to you. ;)

I think (?) this topic has been discussed here before. Don't know how feasible it would be to have two different physics models in the same game. (Presumably, you'd have a different physics model for bikes than cars.) Not to mention bikes and riders would need more animations than cars.
True. The animations were a selling point in TT. Working on the physics model for the bikes would help out in the car department it turns out. There was a giant thread @mjm23race made where that was discussed. I have it bookmarked somewhere.

That's a shame, the Tokyo Auto Salon was a place to see more Japanese tuner cars, the stuff you see in Best Motoring.

The stuff you'd expect to be in Gran Turismo anyway, considering it's home base... :rolleyes:

It's a shame it has stopped after 2010. They should have kept all 3 shows to represent 3 car cultures: Tokyo Auto Salon for tuner JDM, SEMA for tuner muscle and Pebble Beach for classic exotics. I know they picked Sung Kang's 240Z this year, but most cars from SEMA have been muscles.

Back