Tokyo R246 Enduro- The Write Up

• Thread starter RVDNuT374
  • 11 comments
United States
Manning, SC
This is your partially sane announcer RVD to bring you the taped version of the Tokyo R246 Enduro I ran last night. :lol: This was an extremely long race that almost put me to sleep. Miracously I didn't fall asleep. :P I ran this in my 485 HP Calsonic Skyline sitting on T2 tires. Yet another person running the Calsonic in this enduro. ;) Enough pre-race commentary, here's the starting lineup:

Starting Lineup

1. Calsonic Skyline (me)
2. Raybrig NSX
3. Denso Sard Supra
4. Arta NSX
5. Pennzoil Skyline
6. Loctite Zexel Skyline

Race Report

Laps 1, 2, and 3: I was battling w/ the Raybrig NSX, this was the only time i would have any competition for the lead. I also hit the inside Turn 2 guardrail twice causing massive non damage to the car.

Lap 4: The gap between me and the AI began to open up. I set a fast lap of 1:34.879 sec.

End of Lap 5: My lead over the Raybrig NSX was 5.637 sec.

Lap 6: I set a new fastest lap of 1:34.869. Due to tire wear, the Raybrig fell to 9.589 sec behind.

End of lap 7: The Raybrig NSX pitted handing 2nd place to the Denso Sard Supra. The lead shot up to 20.806 sec.

Lap 8: My car pushed off of turn 8 causing me to hit the wall causing more massive non damage. :P The lead still grew to 23.570 sec.

Lap 9: I set my fastest lap @ a 1:34.688. The lead had grown to 28.437 sec after only 9 laps. The car was handling very well according to RVD's pit crew. :D

Lap 10: The lead grew to a whopping 31.589 sec over the Denso Sard Supra.

Lap 11: As the Supra's tires fell off, his deficit grew to 35.626 sec. Better AI is needed for the GT4 enduros. ;)

Lap 12: The tires were light- medium orange up front and pale yellow- pale green out back. After only 12 laps, the lead had grown to 40.731 sec.

Lap 13: Will the interval stop growing anytime soon? Doesn't appear that way as the Supra fell to 45.582 sec behind. :P

Lap 14: The Denso Sard Supra and Raybrig NSX pitted handing 2nd place to the Arta NSX. The Arta was 59.089 sec behind me.

Lap 15: The lead had grown to over a minute. My Calsonic was still handling well despite tire wear. ;)

Lap 16: I bounced off the Turn 2 inside guardrail again causing even more non damage. :lol:

Lap 17: The left front was showing signs of wear. My lead had become so massive I stopped recording the interval. :P

Lap 18: I was about to lap the Pennzoil and Loctite Skylines. The Loctite fell off the lead lap exiting turn 3. Shortly afterwards, i lapped the Pennzoil Skyline. At the end of the lap, I pitted for 4 fresh tires. The Skylines unlapped themselves.

Lap 19: The interval shrunk to a point where i could actually record it. ;) The lead was only 59 sec.

Lap 20: I stopped for a caffeine break and to turn on the Calsonic's radio. The Raybrig pitted a lap earlier than normal.

Lap 21: I relapped the Skylines exiting turn 5.

Laps 21-23: I gradually chipped time off my laps. Race became extremely boring.

Lap 25: I was about to lap the 4th place Raybrig NSX. I eventually did that entering the frontstretch. :cool:

Lap 27: I lapped the Arta NSX exiting turn 4.

AI lap 27: Raybrig pitted for tires.

*To clear up confusion, whenever the AI pits, i'll specify what lap they're pitting on like this: AI lap xx. ;) *

Lap 28: I lapped the Denso Sard Supra through turn 4

AI lap 28: The Denso Sard Supra pitted.

Lap 31: The Pennzoil Skyline fell 2 laps off the pace as i entered the frontstretch.

AI lap 31: The Arta NSX and Loctite Zexel Skyline pitted.

AI lap 34: The Raybrig NSX pitted.

Lap 36: I pitted for 4 tires.

AI lap 41: The Raybrig NSX pitted for the 6th time.

AI lap 42: The Denso Sard Supra pitted for a new set of tires.

*The lap i'm on will be specified in this format: Lap xx. ;) *

Lap 47: The Arta NSX fell 2 laps down.

Lap 48: The Raybrig NSX fell 2 laps off my pace.

Lap 49: The Denso Sard Supra fell 2 laps down.

AI lap 48: The Raybrig pitted.

Lap 51: The AI Skylines fell 3 laps down.

Lap 54: I pitted for tires and non damage repair. :P

AI lap 55: The Raybrig NSX pitted.

Lap 59: The race had become a matter of racing the clock and monitoring tire wear. *It actually became that about 40 laps earlier. :P *

AI lap 59: The Denso Sard Supra pitted.

Lap 60: My oil light popped on.

AI lap 62: The Raybrig NSX, Arta NSX, and Loctite Zexel Skyline pitted for fresh rubber.

Lap 69: The Arta NSX fell 3 laps down.

Lap 70: The Pennzoil Skyline fell 4 laps off the pace.

AI lap 69: The Raybrig NSX pitted for more tires.

Lap 72: I made my 4th pitstop.

AI lap 72: The Denso Sard Supra pitted.

AI lap 76: The Raybrig NSX pitted for the 11th time.

AI lap 75: The Pennzoil Skyline pitted for 4 fresh tires.

Lap 82: The Denso Sard Supra fell 3 laps down.

AI lap 83: The Raybrig NSX pitted again.

Lap 87: The Pennzoil Skyline fell 5 laps down.

AI lap 87: The Denso Sard Supra pitted for the last time.

Lap 90: I pitted for the last time. The race became so boring everyone in the grandstands fell asleep. :P

Lap 92: Me and the Pennzoil Skyline got into a slamfest through turn 10. I eventually got ahead of him though. ;)

AI lap 90: The Raybrig pitted for the 13th time.

Lap 95: I turned a 1:35.677 w/ a worn out car and driver. The crowd was awakened from their state of bordeom w/ that announcement.

AI lap 93: The Arta NSX and Loctite Skyline pitted for the last time.

Lap 100: White flag was in the air, one more lap to go for RVD and his pitcrew!!!! :D The crowd started their "RVD, RVD, RVD!" chant as I came down the frontstretch. :D I lapped the Arta NSX for the 4th and final time. As RVD came off the final hairpin and onto the frontstretch, every fan was screaming at the top of their lungs. :P When I crossed the line to take the checkered flag, there was a deafening scream that could be easily heard over the JGTC cars. :P

Pit Stops

Calsonic Skyline (me)- 18, 36, 54, 72, 90
Raybrig NSX- 7, 14, 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 62, 69, 76, 83, 90, 97
Denso Sard Supra- 14, 28, 42, 57, 72, 87
Arta NSX- 31, 62, 93
Pennzoil Skyline- 25, 50, 75
Loctite Zexel Skyline- 31, 62, 93

Race Results

1. Calsonic Skyline (me)- 2:42'36.899
2. Denso Sard Supra- (+3 laps)
3. Raybrig NSX- (+3 laps)
4. Arta NSX- (+4 laps)
5. Pennzoil Skyline- (+5 laps)
6. Loctite Zexel Skyline- (+5 laps)

Fastest Lap- 1:34.688 (lap 9)

I walked away w/ 400,000 credits, a black RX-7 LM Race Car, and a F094/H for completing enduro mode. :cool: I hope you've enjoyed this taped version of the Tokyo R246 Enduro. Until next time GTP, keep yourselves at least partially sane. :lol:

Yeah, we've come to realize that to have a competetive race in the JGTC enduros you really need to be down around 410 to 430 HP. The 485 HP Calsonic is just way over kill.

Originally posted by RVDNuT374
When I crossed the line to take the checkered flag, there was a deafening scream that could be easily heard over the JGTC cars. :P

Ah. Thank you. I was wondering what that noise was. I thought it was a tornado or something. (yes i could hear it all the way over here in New Zealand)

Originally posted by Mustang-man
Ah. Thank you. I was wondering what that noise was. I thought it was a tornado or something. (yes i could hear it all the way over here in New Zealand)

:lol: The fans all lost their voices after screaming for 3 hrs straight. :P

3 hours, come on you didn't provide any enertaining crashes, why are they so happy? Well I guess it is Japan....;)

RVD! RVD! RVD! RVD! . . .

. . . oh crap, I was a little late for the race . . . now that explains why I am the only one chanting "RVD" . . .

Nice write up.I am about to do it in a Japanese LM car but the endurance is 2 and a half hours long! Not sure which car to pick,the RX-7,the Altezza or the S2000.

Hmm, 3 weeks ago, were all those flying beer cans from angry fans who could predict the future?
cans3.jpg

Oh wait, they were flying at Jeff Gordon. LOL

Good thing you didn't beat Dale Jr anywhere near Alabama:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Apex Kev
Nice write up.I am about to do it in a Japanese LM car but the endurance is 2 and a half hours long! Not sure which car to pick,the RX-7,the Altezza or the S2000.

When you say S2000, I assume you are meaning the race version when I say, any one of those cars is going to win with absolutely no problem. The choice therefore for what will be a boring race is whether prefer understeer and whine, oversteer and wine or balance steer and low tone for a couple of hours. Anyone of them is going to literally smoke the AI and you will be twiddling your thumbs all by yourself the entire time except for a couple minutes worth of passing when you lap them.

phattboy

Latest Posts

Back