Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2/ Kaido Battle Touge no Densetsu with DFGT

deca_tarce
Deca Tarce
So I just got a DFGT, and spent most of my time playing GT4 on it. It works great, my times are already looking good. Drifting is going to take some getting used too...anyway.

I was really looking forward to playing Touge no Densetsu with the DFGT, so I fired it up. I am having an excrutiatingly hard time driving with this thing. My times on Haruna are like 40 seconds over my records, and drifting just is not happening at all.

Does anyone have any experience with this game on the DFP or DFGT? Are there some settings I should be changing on my cars? Will it just come with a lot of practice or is it just not a good game for the wheel. I'm feeling extremely discouraged at the moment x.x

Does anyone have any experience with this game on the DFP or DFGT?
My experience with Drift 2 with a DFP is exactly the same as yours (pretty good with DS2, hook up the DFP in anticipation and suddenly awful).

The way I got to work with it was to walk away from the game for a couple of weeks and then start off with the wheel in a crappy FF car (I used a Honda City Turbo). Eventually, I got back to the pace I was at before.

I was thinking about switching over to a *shudders* FF just to get used to it. I was messing around with a BNR32 but the brakes were going out on my halfway through the courses x.x

But yeah if you're saying you can transfer skills from FFs to other drive-trains on the DF, I'll definitely pick up a EG6 or something and get to work (my poor cappuccino ; ; ). One of my biggest problems seems to be just keeping the cars going in a straight line, and my cornering has slowed way down..Drifting seems so far out of reach right now lol

Been getting better gradually..but that's not why I'm posting today.

Had a really terrifying moment in this game today...I was time attacking Hakone in a stock AE86 Trueno 3-door.

After the highspeed left following the hairpins, I cut right and the car LIFTED ONTO TWO WHEELS. It stayed up through the entire straight and then dropped and spun into the wall.

I had no ideas the cars wheels could even leave the ground in this game under these circumstances. As I was driving I was just like "holy crap that's a lot of body roll" so I figured I would check the replay to see exactly what was going on. I definitely made sure to save it.

Is there a list of wheels that work with this game? I have a dfgt but I want to see if I could possibly get a better one, I know my t300rs is way too new to work.

Back